It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Antonio Radio Station Gets Man Fired for Sharing Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

www.infowars.com

On Monday, September 27th I was getting prepared to go to one of my three jobs. I received a text at 5:39pm from my mother, who works at Oak Hills lanes along side me, that “Ken (Ken Cobb of Oak Hills Lanes) needs to see you right now about the 9/11 comment. It’s on the news”. I texted back asking if the news crew was there at work. She replied “No. Get over here. It was on the T.V. news. Ken is pissed”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
itunes.apple.com

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Personally. If I was a business owner and didn't like people making politically-related statements over a public-address system at my place of business. Then I'm not going to let an employee of mine go around doing as such--regardless of what political-affiliation such statements are associated with. There are just some things that just should not be said over a public-address system. It's common-sense. This is how I feel. And I applaud the owner of the bowling alley for acting to protect his place of business. A bowling-alley is meant for going bowling not going and starting political-discussions over a PA-system. Again; regardless of what affiliation such discussions were associated with.

(I apologize if there is a thread already out there involving this topic. I looked & looked but couldn't find one.)

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

If it was done over the radio, like public radio, then they had no right in my mind to fire him. If it was during business hours at a business ralted PA system, then yes he should be fire.

It's simply unproffesional, regardless the topic to be discussing those sorts of things at work. I am also a business owner and I would not allow such things either.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

A bowling alley attendant without the common sense to know what is appropriate at work and what is not appropriate is not a "patriot" or a "truther."

This is a dumb kid that got overzealous. The employer had every right to fire him for using the company's resources and access to promote his personal message. It would be no different than endorsing a personal political candidate, or promoting your own website or business.

[GRA shaking head in amazement and silly apprisal of the internet world we live in] First off, someone can do something stupid and it makes a radio show, then it gets them fired, then it makes national news, then it gets division, support, criticism and fame?!?!?!
All over a stupid rookie mistake from a young employee?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I concede your point, however I do support this kind of activism.

Did he deserve to be fired tho? I don't think so, a harsh warning that if he ever did it again he would be fired and sued would of sufficed.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Although his message was spot-on...

He should have known better than to promote his own political or religious views at a place of business. Unless he is the owner, he has no right to do that. And since he has no right, he was fired.

His seed has been sewn, though. He probably won't see the fruits, but the seed is planted.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

I concede your point, however I do support this kind of activism.

Did he deserve to be fired tho? I don't think so, a harsh warning that if he ever did it again he would be fired and sued would of sufficed.

Well if the incident didn't reach public-media attention. Then maybe a harsh warning would have been warranted. Just put yourself in the shoes of the owner of the bowling-alley. It's not like Mr. Hood can't find a job somewhere else. He was fired from a job over making political-statements. NOT thrown in jail. Those are two completely different things.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So this yahoo used his work's resources to spread political and conspiratorial information?

And he didn't expect there to be any repercussions?

Does he have a brain?

Rule one about the work place, don't talk about religion.

Rule two, don't talk about politics.

This incident straddles the line between those two.

He is an idiot, not for his beliefs, but for doing what he did.

How do you not know better...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

(BTW: I apologize to the mods for putting this thread in the "Breaking Alternative News" section. I put it there out of habit. lol.)

Again. He wasn't thrown in jail. He was fired from a job. And yes; I said it before. There are just something you just don't say over a public-address system. Especially things like statements about politically-related issues. Now I could understand if Mr. Hood said "9-11 Was An Inside Job" over the public address system on the anniversary of September 11th. Followed by "9-11-01. We will never forget." Or something like "Support Our Troops." This is acceptable to some extent.

But the big question we should be asking here is; DID MR.HOOD HAVE AUTHORIZATION BY THE BOWLING-ALLEY OWNER TO USE THE PA-SYSTEM IN SUCH A WAY THAT HE DID?!?!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yea, I didn't think about him getting permission from his boss. Judging by the anger he says his boss had, and him getting fired, I'd think his boss was not fully aware. Maybe he let him put the Info Wars site up or something like that, we need those questions answered.

I still think he is a yahoo though. Again, not for what he thinks, but what he did. I'm not a "truther" but I'm not an OS sheep either ya know? But I never bring up 9/11 at work. That's just a button pusher. Moreover, I would never push my belief of anything on customers. It just is not smart for the stability of your job.

Sorry for the harshness of my first post...I was just baffled and vexed by what he did. Permission or not. and the how do you not know better was not directed at you, it was at him...I feel there was a misunderstanding there.
edit on 10/11/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Moreover, I would never push my belief of anything on customers.

And this is exactly what I feel Mr. Hood did.

(No. There was no misunderstanding. lol. I was simply replying to you in agreement with your post.)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Then that was a misunderstanding on my part

On topic: Honestly, I feel for parents that were there with kids who may have to answer some questions. Some are parents that want to keep their kids in a rainbows and puppy dogs world for a bit longer, some parents who are just uninformed. I know I was an inquisitive child, I would have asked my mom what was up on the car ride home.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
...the only way the (ex)employee would have a leg to stand on is if the employer allows other employees to promote an idealogy that the boss man approves of... if no employee is allowed to voice their political or religious views, then the employer is in the right on this deal...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

That's another idea I was about to bring up.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

As I read the article the headline here should read San Antonio Man Gets Fired For Violating Workplace Etiquette"

Work is work. There are proper times and proper venue for political statements. Subjecting patrons of a business to ones political views falls into neither the right "time" or "venue" aspects of this.

The kid was wrong IMO.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I'm not so sure that point really matters here. If I have a private business, I can allow what I want there.

Now, in the interest of fairness, yes, he should allow all views if he allows one. But it's not necessary.

top topics

join