It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 13 Crystal Skulls Brought Together on 10/10/10

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I searched and didn't see this information posted. I only noticed the article because I was idly flipping through the newspaper (NYPost). Apparently a group of Mayan mystics and "new age types" met in New York City at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) yesterday, on 10/10/10, to bring together the fabled 13 Crystal Skulls. As far as I can tell, nothing really happened, at least not on any cosmic scale. It seems they were trying to activate the skulls as per legend.

The article is only about 3 paragraphs long so I'll only quote one:

The elders and some 350 other crystal lovers from across the nation have picked the auspicious date of 10/10/10 for a ceremony that will allegedly turn on the carved skulls, which are part of Mayan lore.

The article is here: NY Post Article

I thought it was pretty odd that they would choose FIT as the location for this event. Since nothing seemed to happen then perhaps some of the skulls they used were not authentic? I seem to remember reading there were a lot in existence but some aren't "real".
edit on 11-10-2010 by Shadowflux because: Edit Title

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here is some more info from another article, apparently it was a two day "Event" and also included "The Atlantean Orb" which I must admit ignorance about.

Here is the other article I found:

Second Article

Tucson , AZ, September 15, 2010 --(PR.com)-- 10.10.10 Mayan Prophecies and the Truth about 2012; The ‘Legend of the 13 Crystal Skulls’, October 9th and 10th 2010. New York, New York, The Grand Elder of the Living Maya Don Alejandro, Maya Solar Priests Hunbatz Men and Don Pedro Pablo Chuc Pech, Flordemayo, 13 Crystal Skulls and their guardians along with the Atlantean Orb. This is the ‘Full Circle Event’ people have been waiting for.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nothing is to happen the crystals themselves, it's THEM who will be 'activated'. They are opening themselves up for 'walk ins'. Pretty much demonic posession. Of course they are not being told the whole truth, to them it is 'spiritual awareness' and it probably would seem so, to see through the eyes of a devil.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Did you really expect there to be some cosmic event?

As you previously stated one may not be authentic, and also if something were to happen maybe it sent out a message at the speed of light to the originators and we have to wait a whole bunch of years for a reply.

Who knows?

Thanks and good to know that they placed all the skulls together.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

maybe they should hook them skulls up to a computer or something if quartz holds data then how else to retrieve that data then with a computer type instrument...think about it them skulls wasnt meant to relate data until we had the technology which would signal that we have a somewhat significant existence as a civilization..jus my opinion

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Not saying that I would expect anything to happen anyway but I cannot fathom why anyone would think that 10/10/10 - which is only significant in our calendar - would have any bearing on artefacts of cultures that had their own calendars. It doesn't have any significance beyond itself, like say with the solstices or equinoxes that relate to the Earth's orbit etc. Maybe they just thought it would be kinda lucky, and I guess the event just happened to be taking place on that day.
edit on 11-10-2010 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ok...so why does a spirit have to be demonic if it possesses you...don't mean to bust your balls, but not every spirit is a demon and it's just plain goofy to label them all as such...perhaps they are a force of good, who knows...don't be so quick to label everything demon

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Shadow
I saw a short video on TV many years ago about the atlantian orb. It has the ability to repel metal. They did make it seem like the real deal. I could not find anything on the net that showed that. This crystal skull get together seems to be mostly new age fluff.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have to admit, had I known about the meeting before hand, I would not have expected anything to have happened. From what I've read about the skulls they seem to vary greatly in size, shape, accuracy and style and the only truly interesting skull is the Mitchell Hedges skull, which I find remarkable mostly for the fine craftsmanship.

I tried to do some research on The Atlantean Orb and the only thing I could really find was this website selling Atlantean Orb Jewelry but below the products it has some information on the history and discovery of the orb. I've been into weird obscure stuff like this all my life and I've never heard of the Orb before. Here is some info from the website:

Allegedly in 1970, Dr. Ray Brown, a naturopathic practitioner from Mesa, Arizona, was scuba diving with friends near the Bahamas, in an area 20 miles from the edge of a submarine drop-off called the Tongue of the Ocean.

During the dive, Brown became separated from his companions, and in trying to rejoin them, suddenly saw a strange pyramid shape looming up against the aquamarine light. The pyramid was situated 22 fathoms down, stood 120 feet high, with only 90 feet projecting out of the sea floor shifting sands. Brown was at first struck by how smooth and mirror-like the stone surface of the structure was, with the joints between the individual blocks almost indiscernible.

Swimming about the capstone, which the Arizona diver thought looked like lapis lazuli, he discovered an entranceway and decided to explore further. Passing along a narrow hallway, Brown finally came to a small rectangular room with a pyramid-shaped ceiling. What was amazing was that the room contained no algae or coral growing on the inner walls. They were completely spotless.

Atlantean Orb Website

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the next time they gather the crystal skulls... it should be atop a Mayan pyramid, and on the date of December 21 of 2012. And lets have a live video of it happening.

edit on 10/11/2010 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I saw a program on the history channel, and it had a part on the crystal skulls.

The thing is, they said that not every crystal skull had been found...

Anyways they also said that they may be able to hold terabytes of information, so trying to find this said data using scientific methods should be top priority.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This werbsite talks about the event and each of the crystal skulls and the owners of the skulls. It also talks about the Atlantis crystal orb who found it and where.

It would seem to me if these were made to be brought together, that a place would have been made for this event to happen like some kind of ancient temple, surely bringing these objects together in NYC would just be for show or to make money.

Anyway here is the link The Legend of the 13

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have heard the "legend" that there were 13 crystal skulls, but last I heard only like 7-8 were even found.
Am I wrong? When were these others "found"?
Personal opinion: Bunk Bunk Bunk (repeat 10 more times)
edit on 10/11/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Thanks for the video, looks neat, I'll have to check it out later, these speakers have died.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks for the link, seems like a good amount of info. I've heard of some of these skulls, like Sha Na Ra, and some of the Mayans sound familiar. I think I read somewhere that they were unveiling some newly found skulls as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yeah this is what I thought.

Still I think it would be pretty hard to claim to have the whole 13 if they couldn't back up when and where they were found.

I remember hearing that one was found in either the 18th or 19th century in the ruins of an Aztec temple.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
One thing that I had always wondered was, if these skulls are true archeological artifacts then wouldn't they be subject to the laws governing such finds? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you can just go digging in old ruins, find something and just bring it home packed up in your suitcase.

I think that, if they were true artifacts, then they might not be able to prove where and how they found it because they might end up losing it to legality.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
One thing that I had always wondered was, if these skulls are true archeological artifacts then wouldn't they be subject to the laws governing such finds? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you can just go digging in old ruins, find something and just bring it home packed up in your suitcase.

Its against the law to speed and murder people, but guess what. Regardless even if they are plundered artifacts, and even then there would have to be a law in place to make it illegal, in the country the crime took place, that country would then need to address the issue through either the courts or the foreign affairs/state department of the country that the object now resides in. And in most cases, they tell you to piss off and don't come back.

There are many many private collections of artifacts around the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

I know there are many private collectors, I even had the chance, a while ago, to purchase some Pre-Columbian statues and pottery pieces. I just know that places like Egypt guard their antiquities pretty tightly. I guess I had always assumed there was a difference between legitimate artifacts and plundered goods.

I also assumed there would be permits and such for any digging around archeological sites.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join