It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop talking about a revolution. America hasn’t changed in 25 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by woodwardjnr

If you read the whole OP you would see that America is not divided, that is a myth perpetrated by the MSM. The only ones who want a revolution are the very small minority of Hard-Line Conservatives. If they tried to start anything all it would be is militias and the Tea Party trying to start some crap while at the same time making everyone else unite against them. About 91% would unite against the radical 9% causing chaos.

This couldn't be any further from the truth.

America is very divided amongst ideologies, religions, cultures, and politics.

The most critical ideological and political divide is that of the role of government - conservatism versus liberalism. Conservatism - generally - believes in the conservative application of government authority; IE - people are left to their own devices as much as functionally possible. Somehow - religious ideologies have ended up being entangled in this camp of thought, and we get self-conflicting agendas (a minimal application of government would be at odds with laws regarding marriage and abortion). And then you have liberalism - which generally takes the approach that the government should be applied whenever and wherever possible.

The divide goes back to the very founding of our nation - Federalism versus Anti-Federalism. The contexts have changed - rather than arguing over what powers should be granted to the federal government versus the states, we argue about whether or not the government should be responsible for feeding us and changing our diapers.

It is reaching a point where the two ideologies are mutually exclusive. I refuse to live under a government that attempts to micro-manage my life. I also refuse to leave my home or abandon my friends and family that are here, as well (even ones of the opposing ideology). Likewise - I know some people out there refuse to live in a society where they are expected to manage their own finances or see a business make a profit. I expect they will be equally unwilling to leave their home and friends/family.

There are two possible outcomes (that are not mutually exclusive). Either two different countries form, or one group subjugates the other. Since all previous examples of this type of event have lead to open war - it's reasonable to expect the same outcome at present.

As for the cultural/social revolution - you're not going to find evidence of it in poll numbers for party primaries. It's like looking at a hand full of spades to justify the reasoning that no one else has a get-out-of-jail-free card. Two different games, genius.

Logically - the "tea party" that is rather upset with both political parties at this point in time - is not going to make a large showing in the primaries of those two parties, now is it? You're interviewing people at the swimming pool and declaring it nearly unanimous that Americans enjoy swimming. Because, you know, people who dislike swimming are going to frequent a pool just in case someone asks.

The 'movement' so far has seemed to be mostly that of raising awareness. There's no specific, targeted agenda, supported candidates (there is/was some talk, but it doesn't really amount to much), etc. Many within the "tea party" don't want to form a 'third party' because they are so annoyed with the whole concept of political parties - and I can empathize. In either case - there are very few third party and independent options. To use a political revolution to simply remove existing people from office is simply silly and ineffective. Not only will it meet with terrible odds of success (if the "tea party" were to form and back specific candidates, it would split conservative votes) - there's no guarantee you aren't trading the frying pan for the fire.

Instead, it is focused at letting politicians know their actions are being watched - and that their job is to represent people, not administrate over them.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Lets all remember to come back after the elections and see if this holds true. I will make a gentlemens wager that it will not. In fact I am willing to bet that it will be definitely in the double digit percentile of seats lost. These studies are nothing to go by. We have been told that time and time again. November here we come!

Wow, an admitted partisan Republican! Kudos to you for your honesty.

i'd take that wager.

See my thread:

The 'Right' may benefit from NOT re-taking the House

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join