It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Rapper/Actor DMX arrested at JFK Airport for Attempted Car Theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Were visions of crack pipes in DMX's head when he and a friend attempted to steal a car from the parking lot of JFK airport in Queens? The rapper whose real name is Earl Simmons and a friend Jackie Hudgins were arrested on Thursday night when they got into an arguement with the man whose car they were attempting to steal. In 1999, a judge imposed fines and ordered the rapper to make public service announcements for the Humane Society after police found pipes for smoking crack, a pistol and 13 pit bulls at his home.

Rapper DMX Arrested At Kennedy Airport
A preliminary investigation indicated that Simmons may have identified himself as a federal agent, according to Tony Ciavolella, a Port Authority spokesman.

No one was hurt and no weapons were recovered, Ciavolella said.

Simmons and Hudgins were arrested on charges of attempted robbery, criminal impersonation and criminal mischief, he said. They were in custody and were expected to be taken to central booking in Queens late Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 6-25-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ya'll gonna make me lose my mind up in here, up in here!

anyway...what a crackhead!

why would he steal a car?

then again why do celebrities do half the crap they do? drugs and booze.

just say no to drugs kids!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What a prat. Oooh, what a bad boy! Stealing a car with all his money, he keeps it sooo "real".

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
thats retarded why would someone with all that money need to steal a car maybe gettin back at his roots his hood days. where da hood where da hood where da hood at. DMX's music is nice either way itso of the chain G. i like it.
do you know in his lyrics on a song on his album its dark and hell is hot he says my hole life i been the devils advocate, half yall didnt even know the devil had a kid.

[edit on 6/25/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Gangster rap is fake. Anyone can shoot someone and rob someone. So why write songs about it. I could write a better rap song about my daily routine before work thank dmx. DMX is always writing about god and to keep the faith. Well looks like Earl lost his faith.

I wonder why?

[edit on 25-6-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
He should be thrown in prison for life for releasing his last 2 albums.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why because he makes rap music and wears expensive jelwrey. come on. Ozzy osbourne was a drug addict that bit the heads off of bats but no one wanted him put in prision.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
Why because he makes rap music and wears expensive jelwrey. come on. Ozzy osbourne was a drug addict that bit the heads off of bats but no one wanted him put in prision.

If this post was directed to me, obviously you missed the point of my post. I was joking around saying he should be jailed for his last albums. They sucked.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
well the reason you think they suck is probably because it is rap music. if you listen and open your mind it is good music.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

well the reason you think they suck is probably because it is rap music. if you listen and open your mind it is good music.

Blah. I've had enough of you, pal. First you make stereotypes on rappers for no reason, claiming they all where shiny jewelry. Not only is this untrue for some rappers, but especially untrue for DMX since he usually only wears a cheap dog collar. Secondly, all I listen to is rap with the exception to a few rock bands. I stand by my earlier statement. His last few albums are garbage.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Ess Why Kay]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
well actually all i listen to is rap but you were coming of in a strange manner as if you hated him because he was a rapper my apologies.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

well actually all i listen to is rap but you were coming of in a strange manner as if you hated him because he was a rapper my apologies.

It's fine.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It is now being reported that a billy club and crack coc aine was found in DMX's car.

while I enjoyed and appreciated DMX's early stuff, I do blame his downfall on his crack/coc aine problem, it's a shame to see such good talent wasted, he is an excellent live performer.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The crack pipe was found on him in 99 it was in his house with misstreated pits.. I dont know whats going on with X, I have met him a number of times. I know he has cars I have seen them. I am confused, about his intentions. All signs point to him bing cracked out. It is what it is. Anyone that has heard all of his music, and have talked to him know that the songs about Damion the devil are songs about his bouts with crack. Anyone can be hooked just like that.

What kills me is you people jump on him for the bad, but you dont see the good. Just like you found the story about thism, you can find the stories about him buying churches, and rebuilding them.

[edit on 27-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Listin guy's a crack pipe refers to a glass pipe which can be youed for many other drugs like meth,dmt,amt, and many other drugs so labeling his as a crack head is wrong.listin to his songs.he's a true ganster 4 real why did he try to steal that car??????????????????????????????????//
Its revenge/ payback.He does it himself and doestnt send his people to do it. now that is true

peace

new topics

top topics

join