It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Super Soldiers: Killing each Taliban costs US$ 100 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hi Ats,

I find it simply insane how much the US and NATO are spending on routing out the Taliban. Here is an article which puts the numbers in another perspective:

1. Taliban Field Strength: 35,000 troops
2. Taliban Killed Per Year by Coalition forces: 2,000 (best available information)
3. Pentagon Direct Costs for Afghan War for 2010: $100 billion
4. Pentagon Indirect Costs for Afghan War for 2010: $100 billion

Using the fact that 2,000 Taliban are being killed each year and that the Pentagon spends $200 billion per year on the war in Afghanistan, one simply has to divide one number into the other. That calculation reveals that $100 million is being spent to kill each Taliban soldier.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Wow...the US and NATO really have a lot of cash to throw around, in order to kill the Taliban. After all the objective of a war is to kill the enemy.

Is the real reason that US and NATO spend so much on their military campaign, because the Taliban are too hard to kill? Does 9/11 and the deaths of the soldiers fighting, really justify this extremely expensive war?

And THATS only military spending. Not to speak about the untold billions of Aid money, which has been "efficiently" invested into Afghanistan. I mean, in my heart, I am actually for the removal of the Taliban regime, since this will make the women there live more freely. It is just that the way it is being done could bring any nation to the brink of bankruptcy.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
.. since this will make the women there live more freely.

More freely?

How many laws does one have to abide by and conform to in order to be free? Don't think about it, shut up and pay your taxes!

I was station at Balad Air Base in Iraq in 2006. KBR, a subsidiary of Haliburton, had a 2.1 Million dollar contract (annually) to replace and reservice all portable fire extinguishers on that base. Instead of honoring their contract with the American people they were sending them to the Air Force's Fire Department on base. The Fire Department did not have the proper equipment to reservice portable fire extinguishers, and we had to buy them ... buy them from another subsidiary of Haliburton.

The United States of America's tax payers paid KBR 6.3 million dollars to furnish, replace, and reservice portable fire extinguishers for the base over a 3 year period. KBR did not honor that contract, but still got paid

How many rules are there to this game called freedom? Don't think about it. Shut up and pay your taxes! Don't ask any questions, do not request accountability.

How many laws are there? Can anyone learn them within one lifetime? If you don't like this brand of freedom, soon freedom will be coming to a third world country near you .... after America makes you a third world country.

Pay your taxes. Do not ask questions. Believe your M.S.M. (Mind Systems Manipulators) and in G.O.D. we trust (GOD = Government Of Dollars)

Good Ovis Aries,
ET

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

There's a lot of relevant information left out of that OP.

Have you any idea how much property damage the Americans have done? Have you researched the costs of damaging infrastructure? That costs money too you know.
And there are all the civilians killed who might have become Taliban or given birth to Taliban one day.
And what about all the murdered babies? How do we know they were not infant suicide bombers, trained to fill their nappies with C4 and blow up the family weddings themselves? Those baby-killing missiles cost millions.

There are also the Pat Tilman types who have to be eliminated, and resulting cover-ups to be funded, and the cost of grenades used to blow up pretty blonde hostages who were working on getting farmers to quit opium growing and plant cereals instead. Oh, and that reminds me, all the extra opium being grown now, I bet that took some funding too.

So ditch your simplistic figures and admit it. The situation over there is much more complex than your OP states.
You need to start again. And this time, factor in the cost of training the Taliban in the first place.

edit on 12/10/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

So what is your point? that the cost of killing a Taliban soldier is even higher? I mean the enemy of NATO over there is Taliban. USA has declared war on terrorism and on the regime which was in power in Afghanistan before the invasion.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

So what is your point? that the cost of killing a Taliban soldier is even higher? I mean the enemy of NATO over there is Taliban. USA has declared war on terrorism and on the regime which was in power in Afghanistan before the invasion.

My point?

America has no right to be there as 9/11 was orchestrated by a group of Americans and Israelis.

America created and armed the Taliban.

America is in Afghanistan for the opium, the oil pipeline and, possibly, the halfnium.

Much of the expense of this undeclared war, (no, declaring war on a vague "ism" doesn't count,) is going into companies owned by Bush's cronies.

This fake war on terrorism is an excuse to trample down the liberty of Americans, by making them to afraid to object to big brother becoming able to do whatever it wants to them.

Oh, good OP, btw, I hope it makes people start thinking.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
How many people would that feed?

How many schools/hospitals would that build?

I'm going to be sick.

PS OP, your avatar is way eery ... well done!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
US$ 100 million? Is that it?

The war in Afghanistan was designed to last as long as possible, massive wasteful spending such as this are not simply 'good' for the architects and financiers of the war, they are highly profitable. Everything spent in Afghanistan yields dividend, nothing is a 'waste'.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

This fake war on terrorism is an excuse to trample down the liberty of Americans, by making them to afraid to object to big brother becoming able to do whatever it wants to them.

Perhaps a sideline objective.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were created in order to institute hegemony within the region for future operations and to further line the pockets of the East Coast establishment and the Anglo-American financiers. Terrorism is the Communism of the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

PS OP, your avatar is way eery ... well done!

Haha...thanks harry..the Husky in your Avatar is my favorite dog as well

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

My point?

America has no right to be there as 9/11 was orchestrated by a group of Americans and Israelis.

America created and armed the Taliban.

America is in Afghanistan for the opium, the oil pipeline and, possibly, the halfnium.

Exactly... why did the US had to invade? A couple of platoons of special forces coupled with a devastating Airstrike + funding the northern alliance of Afghanistan would have been sufficient

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought, among the opium, oil pipelines, halfnium and "liberating a people" that population control might a be contributor also. I mean we're on the brink of 7 billion people worldwide and growing.

The reality of it is that the monetary value doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. Currency and economy is a sham designed to keep certain people in power and others in poverty. If you learn to manipulate the system then you can become "in-power" too. Whether it was a war designed to last forever for all the above reasons or not the ever growing debt of our economy will keep those that are taxed, taxed into poverty for a LONG LONG TIME.

I submit the theory that the amount of moneys does not matter because there is more and more talk of UN influence and NWO and the globalization of economy in general. There will always be someone to "Bail us Out" with stimulus funds etc etc. Less people in the world will be easier for TPTB to manipulate. The purpose, to keep as many people as possible out of power and to hedge everyone into slaves. Whether you think you're free or not is your decision but I know we're not. We lose "freedoms" everyday. Those that go against those in power are ALWAYS regarded as terrorists, remember this.

(Don't take my last statement as support for any terrorist groups. It is merely a statement that even those who speak out against those in power peacefully are referenced as terrorist supporters.)

new topics

top topics

join