It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewarding a dream. *with a sad update*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Watch this video, then read the editorial by Steve Kelley from the Seattle Times.

It's something of a reaffirmation of my humanity, and gives me a little hope for the future...

Enjoy. I did.

Touchdown.

Here's a bit of backstory by Steve Kelley.

The Story Behind The TD.

If you aren't moved emotionally, at least a little...I got to wonder about you. I'm not too proud to admit, I cried. I needed to see this...and I'm so glad I did.

HS athletics are some of the most cut throat activities around. Yet those kids displayed a sensitivity, and a kindness that is all too lacking in our ten second modern life.

The kids. The coaches. The parents. Karmic points to all of 'em. Bless 'em all.

edit on 11/4/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

That is a very amazing story!!!

I wish we could see more of this stuff on ATS once and awhile. Could show a few people that all isn't lost with the generation of today.

Thanks seagull. I really needed that today.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How could you NOT cry? That was amazing! It is good to know that basic humanity and generosity are alive and well!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That touched me.

Thank goodness for the great kids who did the right thing, for parents who taught the kids, and for the coaches who gave.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here's a sad update about this wonderful kid.

Link.

He's very ill with pneumonia, and is in intensive care.

Sometimes in our lives we forget that in our concern over larger matters, some seemingly small matters are every bit as important.

I don't know this kid. I only know him through a couple of interviews with both him, and the other kids who have interacted with him on a daily basis.

I'm going to spare a moment or three, and say a prayer for both him, his family, and those he's influenced (me, and many, many others...).

Life isn't fair. Never has been, never will be... But I get just a bit angry at God at times like this. Should the worse occur, I have to hope that there was indeed a reason.

Hopefully he'll make a complete recovery, and go on to live a wonderful life.

new topics

top topics

join