It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imaginary Weapons: A Journey Through the Pentagon's Scientific Underworld

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Interesting video. Makes me think of all of the raw footage of Iraqi death squads decapitating people that I've reviewed over the years... Turns out the Americans could just melt peoples heads off without nearly as much effort. They just need to be the most efficient at brutality, I guess that's how you beat terrorism

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Interesting video. Makes me think of all of the raw footage of Iraqi death squads decapitating people that I've reviewed over the years... Turns out the Americans could just melt peoples heads off without nearly as much effort. They just need to be the most efficient at brutality, I guess that's how you beat terrorism

The best way to beat terrorism is to take away it's reason for existing. Most terrorism in the world today occurs where people are subjected to oppression or occupation.
Iraq,
Afghanistan,
Pakistan ,
Yemen and Somalia to name a few currently popular ones.

Take away the reason for it and it will go away... But that's for another thread.

Back on topic...

You can bet your bottom euro that anyone using a micro-nuke will be well funded by the government of a major country or a big corporation! Not only are they expensive, they require an expensive maintenance program to keep them operational.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJasper
You can bet your bottom euro that anyone using a micro-nuke will be well funded by the government of a major country or a big corporation! Not only are they expensive, they require an expensive maintenance program to keep them operational.

yep, I would have to agree with that sentiment.
another case of state sponsored terrorism

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
whomever throws this grenade would truly be on a suicide mission.

Why make this into a grenade, when you can simply make a bomb on a timer of the same scale?

Doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

A few subsequent experiments have indicated that hafnium triggering may actually be possible. An x-ray test at Louisiana State University appeared to corroborate Collins’ results, and an independent team at DARPA called TRiggering Isomer Proof (TRIP) reported their experiment as “successful.” Some non-bomb weapons concepts are also under investigation, including a device which could funnel the deadly gamma radiation into a coherent death ray: a gamma-ray laser.

www.damninteresting.com...

And it appears that funds to DARPA for this research were cut off
in 2004. However that does not preclude the notion that the research
did not go black ops after 2004.

An industry insider once told me that if you see that DARPA has made progress on a project, and it suddenly ends up on the scrap heap, it is 100% certain that it is a black budget production.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've seen that happen both ways, BFFT. Sometimes the project is crap and dies, but yeah, some of the ones I've worked on just transition to the dark side and vanish.

You could, at one time, still track them sometimes, it's just that instead of coming up "discontinued" you get "classified - no further information", although you can still see budget allocations and the project leader's name, so you know where it's at physically.

Anyways, nuclear isomer weapons don't just go bang, they put out hard radiation. It's not tough to identify their use - they'd leave gruesomely dead people everywhere in the surrounding vicinity.

I was seeing more action for it as a lasing medium than an explosive, before you quit seeing it altogether.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Huh.
Sounds like the perfect candidate for a Fatman (Fallout 3).
Haha.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join