It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unicorn sighting! VIDEO!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Haha! That's ridiculous! The movement just cracks me up!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It is fake!

Check out the close up of the horn.....the head moves indepedantly of the horn....
The last sentence has left me requiring a disclaimer..........."More Tea Vicar"?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

read the first sentence en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Looks like a fake horse on a wheeled platform to me. As many said, the legs don't move for starters...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thumper76

Wiki certainly does not prove Unicorns never existed.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
LOL FAKE. I do believe Unicorns existed at one time, but they were really no more then a type of horse with a horn. Just like there are whales with no horns and there are Narwhales with horns. They may have been hunted to extinction long ago or even through time lost their ability to grow a horn. You can see most horses have a spot on the foreheads that appears as though something was suppose to be there.

Narwhale - The Unicorn of the Sea...
cambreenotes.com...

Canada's refuses to rescue Narwhales trapped under sea ice...
planetsave.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

why has nobody checked the sources on this story? it's all some sort of marketing scheme. for who and what?

"The Ontario 'Science' Center" and some baloney exhibition.

smr.newswire.ca...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My grandmother, who is in her 90s, would always tell us stories of weird/mythical animals. She was kind of a natural healer with herbs and home medicines back in her little home village. One story she told us, I'm not sure how she came in possession of it, but she has a horn from a unicorn and used it to heal many people. She would scrape the side of the horn and use the dust to heal. My mother still has the horn, she has shown it to me many times. I don't know what it really is, although it sure does look like a unicorn's horn. But it's what my grandmother claimed, and well I always believed my grandmother's stories, 100%. I can't ask her for any stories or about the horn anymore. She had a stroke a few years ago, so shes unable to speak or move anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaliLove310

Many people, back when stories of unicorns where being told, mistakenly believed that Narwhal tusks were in fact unicorn horns. They became a thing of legend and where passed down from generation to generation accompanied by a story.

A Narwhal tusk is a great object because of the folklore and history behind an authentically old one. sounds like your grandmother had one of these great objects, along with the story!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-10-2010 by Gabo- because: forgot to cite my source.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gabo- because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is a video that was made here in Alabama...I have spoken briefly with the man that made it and posted in a couple years ago.

I will be back for a edit of info....

not saying its real....but its not being claimed by its true maker, what ever it is.

Edit to add....

It was posted 4 years ago!

The below video is the original and is 44 seconds long. This guy lives up the mountain from me. He is a bit odd but a nice fellow.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com.../u/199/R3FVo-RGsvM
edit on 14-10-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Does it fart rainbows?

Haha sorry couldn't help it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northernwolf
Does it fart rainbows?

Haha sorry couldn't help it.

You mean Skittles?

I own a mountain Pony, well hes half miniature, half horse... technically. When he trots there is fairly little actual leg movement, and very little vertical motion. Also at what point in that vid do you even see any legs at all? Pitty there is no sound since even my Pony makes a hell of a thud when just doing a slow trot... that horse looks pretty big and moving at a panicked clip so it would have made a hell of a racket and the filmer would have heard it FAR sooner... love the cliche 'im filming the sun' start... all these vids have the filmer pointing the cam at some ridiculous thing just prior to the event.

Also people need to stop using the term CGI for every thing they think is fake... the horse is more than likely real, and either there, or a composite of two sets of footage... while a composite is technically CGI, when you have people saying things like 'its rendered poorly' it makes me want to face palm my desk. That horse isnt from my eyes a 3d construction... the horn possibly, and its fairly decently integrated. Id say its a composition since the definition between the foreground bush and the horse behind it is damn blurry you'd expect to see even with lots of compression some more raggedy edges between white horse and bush. Instead it sort of blends in smoothly.

But all this talk about it being a fake horse since its legs dont move is laughable.

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
The below video is the original and is 44 seconds long. This guy lives up the mountain from me. He is a bit odd but a nice fellow.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com.../u/199/R3FVo-RGsvM

Errr that video is just some Pinto horses... and he says their Unicorns... oh dear. I weep for the world

Edit:- Hmmm I remember there was a site i once found that had some interesting ideas about what true unicorns were, when viewed from an Asian middle east perspective and their legends about similar animals like Ki-rin and they came to the conclusion it may have once been the last remaining few of a species of ancient mammal from the Pliocene or some similar era that interacted with early tribal humans in Asia. The neat thing was the websites research showed interestingly that the very early stories and descriptions of such animals where nothing at all like the white, 1 horned magical horse we eventually made popular in our culture. In fact the 'unicorn' sounded more like a dull thick headed brute of a beast if i remember correctly.

edit on 15-10-2010 by BigfootNZ because: stuff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
here's a possible answer as to their existence or the lack that they did www.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Obvious fake
Doesn't bounce when it moves, Head doesn't move, Hair doesn't move, Hell not even the leg's move!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Unicorns are so totally real, why would cool guys paint them on the side of their chevy vans if they weren't?!

In looking for pics of chevy vans with unicorns, I found this:

therealrevo.com...

More irrefutable proof than unicorns are indeed real!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
CGI - Crap Generated for Internet.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wasting time here again! Contrast between horse and shadow of bushes/trees too obvious! Hello! Conclusion: Fake.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The portion of the video that is blown up at the end looks a little sketchy to me. It kind of looks like the horn was added and kind of "floating" on the surface if that makes any sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My 8 year old son walked up on me watching this video and after 5 seconds said, "They drew that thing on the horse to make it look like a unicorn."

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It kinda looks fake. However, there are animals who have a single horn protruding form their fore heads, but for natural reasons or mutations, like
. Though I do not believe they have magical powers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join