It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gaping hole in ancient alien theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The bigger problem with the idea of ancient aliens is that much of the "evidence" for it is really just misunderstood art symbolism. In fact, most of it has even been specifically identified as such, but many proponents of the ancient astronaut idea tend to ignore it.

Things like the anthropomorphic sun and moon seem like beings in a craft, until you see them both in the same painting, one in a moon shape, one in a sun shape, etc. In some works, even birds have been mistaken as UFOs in art.

On the flip side though, you'd have to expect the priests to make the gods more mysterious, and it just "plays better" to say they descended from the sky, rather than to say they landed in some kind of a flying boat.

The bottom line is that there is no "evidence" for any alien visitation in the past or in the present. There is not enough definitive information to come to a positive conclusion. What we have, beyond a doubt, is that pareidolia is the word to use when claiming that UFOs/aliens are seen in ancient art. There were no gods, there were only misunderstood by present minds events and situations that were given their meanings as they were understood in their times. People read the bible and see all kinds of UFO reports and alien reports. I don't see that at all 'cause I know something about who wrote the bible and why. Even in the present UFOs are not understood and I don't accept a single claim of alien activity.

John Lennon sang "Gimme Some Truth" and I sing "Gimme Some Irrefutable Evidence".

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

I should know better than to even ask, but where do you get your beliefs on this from?
"A task force" with syringes comes, and you say in less than two weeks they are gone.
Proof?
edit on 10/11/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To answer these questions u first have to ask your self. Is this the first planet OR the last?
Your god enabled u humans in a very funny way to learn backwards to forwards. From forwards to backwards.
You get to learn about the fossils and the mummies and the dinosaurs and the earth, tombs and glyphs and all such of earthly relics and great wonders.

But, are we learning from where it started. Is earth the very first livable planet ever, is THIS the beginning of life period.
OR.
Are we learning from where it ends, is this the last planet of our solar system? Is it in the millennium for earthlings to teraform another planet ?
The one thing we sure no ,were the only planet in the solar system that has an ozone layer, its really the only thing that separates the living from the dead.
Wonder what happened to the ozone layers on the other planets?

Guess what im saying is, theres alot of history on these other planets so much it will never be told...never
The one thing i can agree with the goverments of the world ,aliens, certain history,things found and seen on other planets..will destroy the system thinking, maybe in the future but not now,humans woudnt no what to do with what really happened
edit on 11-10-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Is this the first planet OR the last?

Why would it have to be either? Of the billions of stars in the universe and all the planets around them, I would have to think Earth is neither first nor last.

And you say "u humans".....if you are not human, mind telling us what you (think you) ARE?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Why would it have to be either?
Dont worry my friend,its not in your time to understand,and sorry about the human ,i try to put u all as humans and not the so many "SEPERATED"mortalnames and words that [THOTH] put into your dictionary of life.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well you just used double talk and mumbo jumbo to completely avoid answering me. Friend.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
I've read a dozen posts, watched the history channel shows, even bought into some of them for a bit...

But here's the big problem:
Nobody ever finds any evidence of anything saying in plain words: "Being got out of a craft and showed us stuff, then left"

your questions are valid, and nobody know 100% for sure that there were ancient aliens, it is just a possibility based on things from the past that seem 'out of place', looking at those things leads to some people believing that it is a possibility, a hidden pass. i don't think many would say 100% it is fact.

however a lot of your questions have not been thought out, they are valid but you would not be asking them if you actually thought about what the answers could be yourself.

you ask why no straight out word have been found saying "Being got out of a craft and showed us stuff, then left". why would they say that? if an event happened involving something you have no understanding of and have never seen in your life before, and you have no words in your language that accounts for that event or what is seen, then you would most likely compare it to things that are simular using things you do understand and can explain.

how do you think they would explain a car driving pass if they ever saw one? as a beast?, demon? a god? a giant insect? who knows.

i do know it would be very unlikely they would say i saw a car with beings in it and they showed me a spare wheel and a toolbox.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Greatest secret ever told to a human.
There is no gap in history of ancient aliens,just follow the Wars and the history of past alien history,put it together?
Noah is the key to your answers,read real close.there is no gap.
Greatest wonder in the history of life was when noahs AKA ark,was found..guess who found it?
Germany.
India is the walking steps of the reptillien race u all call the greys.
Baghdad was the first stepping stone for noah, aka the triangle race, aka anuki, aka the city from atlantis,aka the summerien race,aka the 9th wonder of the world never told about germanys finding of the only triangle ever really found .

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
History isn't static and the people who dedicate their careers to it aren't all singing from the same hymn sheet.

If you give it a chance, it's way more interesting and exciting than alien/ancient astronauts.

I know I've harped on it a lot in recent posts, but far too often, those who subscribe to ancient astronaut beliefs restrict themselves to books on that subject and then books with one particular outlook. Instead of researching modern mainstream archaeological, anthropological and history sources, they depend on pro-ancient-astronaut "experts" to tell them what science thinks about the subject; these experts often rely on outdated sources, mistake, purposefully twist and outright lie about what the mainstream views are.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Noah is the key to your answers,read real close.there is no gap.

Noah, eh? You mean Atrahasis?

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Greatest wonder in the history of life was when noahs AKA ark,was found..guess who found it?
Germany.

Really now. Do tell.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
okay I'm going to say this again

the past was like it now with the human race at different levels of civilization
settled farmers who were able to get a surplus and stayed in one place enabling them to have things like foundries ,and kilns and to write soson and so on

nomadic hunter gathers who had meat hides wool and things like that
but didn't do much in the of finished manufactured goods so the whole time civilization is cranking along there are always these primitives living in isolated or outland places

somewhere in the mix along came some ETs ,they had a kind of wandering nomadic Space culture they just go from planet to planet on a schedule and get resources here and there . They live on their Space Craft get this ,In Space!!!!!that's right their craft is their world if they ever came from anywhere they have forgotten that long ago. They can't live on Earth ! Or any planet any more ,they if they exist are Space Nomad/ Vampires whatever.every body is partly right
they didn't leave a huge footprint because they conned us into giving them whatever it is that they want food, mineral, resources, women so some say , whatever ,they are fully sufficient and can manufacture what ever their quirky culture wants or needs on their armadas of Space Ships,!! Why is that so hard to grasp? They if they exist are not that into us, they have a few specific things that they come here for and that's that. The rest is something called a Cargo Cult which is when a primitive culture comes in contact with wonders outside the capabilities of that cultures Technology and it leaves a huge imprint on the collective mind of that culture to point they develop a kind of wishful thinking religion out of the visitors and their technology.

I think truth is something on these lines not that I know every thread of the time line and emeshment of every life lived .but I think that's the general outline

they are Space living Space Things, and if they exist few if any of us will ever see them they can't just walk around on the Planet willy nilly if I read the fragments of ancient and current accounts of them correctly

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
And no records. Many of our forebears were meticulous record keepers. Yet we have no historical records of encounters with alien beings.

I take it you've never read the Bible?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Not a single "point" you raised was worth me reading the rest of this thread. You also clearly contradicted yourself by saying how ludicrous you think it is that we could know so much and yet have such glaring misinterpretations of the meanings, symbols, and languages...and then you go on to use the exact same excuse (this time, because it helps YOUR argument) you just shot down a paragraph before, when you basically and rather lamely say "well how do we know what tools they had?" None of this is the least bit intriguing or even interesting. The fact that you got S&F's for this makes me want to throw my computer out the window.

It was a complete waste of time, with nothing compelling in the OP. Believe what you want, but when you've actually done the reading, research, and decided to turn on your Logic Meter, the AA theory is the only one that holds any water whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I take it you've never read the Bible?

I did not say books of myths, I said historical records.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Still haven't answered me. What do you think you are? You obviously don't think you are a human, so what then?
And you also never addressed my other question: why would you think that Earth is either the first or last out of billions of planets?
Your reply to me did not answer or relate to anything in my post to you.
Again.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

Could you list the points of "logic" that you say make AA theory the only answer?

Could you really say you use a "Logic Meter" when you "research"?

Thanks in advance if you answer the questions I asked.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I know I've harped on it a lot in recent posts, but far too often, those who subscribe to ancient astronaut beliefs restrict themselves to books on that subject and then books with one particular outlook. Instead of researching modern mainstream archaeological, anthropological and history sources, they depend on pro-ancient-astronaut "experts" to tell them what science thinks about the subject; these experts often rely on outdated sources, mistake, purposefully twist and outright lie about what the mainstream views are.

Exactly. The mainstream stuff is no fun cause it doesn't have aliens. It's just real people doing real things and we know how boring that is.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I was expecting this thread to pop up any time...ok, lets get into it.

But here's the big problem:
Nobody ever finds any evidence of anything saying in plain words: "Being got out of a craft and showed us stuff, then left"
Ah, the old "I demand conclusive proof" tactic I see, a typical approach. I don't think it's worth wasting my breath on addressing this.

Nope, they were just poor dumb clucks that were making the best out of what they saw... it never occurred to them to ask a question like "where ya'll from?" or "how'd you get here?"
I'm sure there were those who did ask questions. But you seriously can't see how an advanced interstellar race could be misinterpreted as Gods thousands of years ago? *raises eyebrow* People don't even need to actually see these God-like beings anymore, just a book and some faith. And you're telling me you can't picture man thousands of years ago misinterpreting an alien visitation as Gods coming from the heavens?

There may actually be techniques and technologies that have long since been forgotten and never relearned.
That would completely defy and undermine mainstream science. According to science we "know" exactly what the Egyptians had available to them and what tools they might have used. That's why the mainstream theories on how they built the pyramids are completely bogus. Of course we don't know everything about how they and other structures were built and what tools were used.

the AA's where so advanced they were able to come here and develop entire societies in their image... but not advanced enough for themselves or what they built to last?
You're making all sorts of assumptions here. Who said they came here and developed entire societies? Who said they built a bunch of stuff that would last ages, besides the great pyramid? Who said they themselves didn't "last"?

the AA's were thought of as gods instead of aliens... but all the images of "gods" are either people or different animals.... so being around the AA's is like going the NY zoo? Just all kinds of different fun stuff happening and lucky for us it's all like creatures found on earth? Wow...
No...that's just another one of your assumptions...no one is saying is was like a zoo back then, with all their hybrid mythology actually being real. However, if the AA theory is correct, it can't be completely ruled out that Alien hybrids did exist back then can it?

the AA's where able to come to earth, show people how to build things - for whatever reason - dwell here for an indefinite amount of time - then mysteriously vanish... but we've got NOTHING from them? Just some stones that "couldn't" be cut by tools of the times and some little figures that look "a whole lot" like space suits?
And many other things. That's a rather quick summary of the evidence you've done there sir. And I wouldn't say some of these stones "couldn't" be cut and designed in the way some are with what tools they had back then, but we mustn't forget Occam's Razor which you are so intent on using as if Aliens represent a magical and fantastical element to any theory.

WTF are AA's doing wearing space suits? Enviro suits or breathing apparatus - sure... space suits? News Flash: Earth is NOT space... not a vacuum, and thus no need for the space suit. And what's up with the figures that are "not" in space suits?
Hmmm...maybe they wear space suits because they came from space? Who said they wore the suits all the time? And if they couldn't breathe in Earths atmosphere, why waste time making environment suits if their present suits could already do the job. Would our astronauts bring back-up suits or breathing gear for a specific planet or moon they may be travelling to?

Could horse looking AA's live outside of suits but the "snake" ones couldn't? What about the "bull" AA's? Or the "Greys"..... and why no humans in space suits? They'll show us how to build temples but not ships or other vehicles and things of actual "use"? *yawn
It's not very smart to go giving a primitive species advanced flight or space travel technology, that's just a ridiculous comment. And that whole criticism if built from your two other assumptions about what they look like and what they wear.

We dont know what the hell was going on back then, and it bugs the crap out of our "smart" people that these bumbling cave men may have figured out how to do stuff we still can't do today.
Exactly.

I mean seriously... we'll put our trust in the hand size figure made of stone as "proof" but not demand that someone show me a chunk of space ship? An actual piece of space faring vessel?
People make that silly demand all the time. And no one is putting a whole lot of trust into one figure made of stone.

... this whole theory just sounds cool - but it's got no legs... very "paper tiger" if you will.
Well lets just wait until I've finished my whole "Ancient Anomalies and Aliens" series, then we'll see how legless it is.

But something on this scale to only be left behind by the minutia of evidence defies any kind of serious scientific approach.
A minutia of evidence? That proclamation proves your entire opening statement is false, you haven't done nearly as much research into this as you claim.

reply to post by Pauligirl

Exactly. The mainstream stuff is no fun cause it doesn't have aliens. It's just real people doing real things and we know how boring that is.
"Real" things? I guess if we travelled to another planet with intelligent beings and stopped by to say hello or something, to the people on that planet we aren't real? Perhaps it is the other way around, alien stuff is no fun to mainstream science because it contradicts and invalidates a lot of what we think we know. In fact, it's just magical crack-pottery isn't it? No need to take a second look down that avenue...Humans did it all.

edit on 12/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
just one thought do you realy think the goverments world wide would let eny one find out if som one have found som realy cool alien device? or body or enu proof at all??

and what did isreal youse batteris for a thousind years ago think it whas isreal they where found in
and how did they now how our solar system looked like?
edit on 12-10-2010 by djjohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hmm havent read all the posts but its funny how the idea that the ancient aliens were in fact 'us' as in modern man, rather than some big eyed alien that fiddled with our evolution hardly ever gets mentioned. ie for all we know earth was or is a lost colony of some space faring humanity (yes thats all very Battle Star Galactica but the idea was around decades before even the first series of that show aired).

Its one theory i personally subscribe to, we werent made by aliens... we ARE the aliens. Given how the time line and evolutionary appearance for modern humans keeps getting pushed back 10's of thousands of years every few number of years with new discoveries its personally possible in my mind...

You then have some of those archaeological oddities no one likes to talk about (or that get used as examples by the bible based young earthers. I have no problem with young earthers I suscribe to that myself but NOT the super young earthers who try to link the entire time period into the bible time frame) items such as the rust proof fossilized pick hammer found buried in rock that would put it hundreds of thousands of years back. The fossilized human finger dermal ridges and bones visible within on X-Rays, the Paluxy footprints (granted who ever made them was not a normal human but giant-sized but the foot prints are basically human)... the ancient set of stone tools found encased in a coal seam or the numerous metal spheres with equatorial grooves and a single depression in one hemisphere that were found and were dated at being from a time before life even existed on the planet.

Theres quite a bit of evidence to say or at least cast a good bit of suspicion on what we get feed as 'ancient history and human origin' the mainstream view is all very pick and mix and anything that doesnt follow the status quot gets ignored, suppressed or buried (literally right after its found)... its unfortunate the study of it and the crusade for getting to the truth has all been high-jacked by alien new agers, and bible thumpers.

Thats my view of it anyway... the evidence either way is there you just wont ever get to see it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join