It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has the book thrown at him: Moment a missile narrowly misses U.S. President's head (and what

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Obama has the book thrown at him: Moment a missile narrowly misses U.S. President's head (and what's with the naked man?)

www.dailymail.co.uk

This is the astonishing moment a book was apparently hurled at the head of U.S. President Barack Obama during a campaign rally in Philadelphia.
The flying missile narrowly missed hitting the President yesterday.
It is not clear what the book was, where it came from in the crowd, or why it was thrown at Mr Obama - who did not appear to notice the danger.
Duck, Mr President! A book narrowly misses Barack Obama's head after it is thrown on stage during a rally in Philadelphia today
Close call
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I thought this story was funny. It's a reminder of the Iraqi "Bush-shoe" incident a few years ago. The odd thing about this is that the Secret Service agents are trained to scan the crowd for any potential threats that may be directed towards the POTUS and they can't even tell you where it came from out of the crowd.

The really funny part of the article is that they don't know why it was thrown at Obama.
I have to tell you, if anyone doesn't know why anyone would want to throw "the" book at Obama, they're just living in a fantasy world.

And the naked man? What's going through his mind?

I just had to submit this. It's so hilarious!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

dude, that naked man is gonna get a million bucks from some uk rich dude who offers money for pranks that pimp out his website 'battle videos' or something like that. google it, i'm actually upset that i couldn't be the naked guy. haha.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I guess the new Tea Party platform is "Hey, we're insane and naked, but we know how to read!"???

Good God what is going wrong with this world.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

At least they were not burning the Books, this time.

How is there no Video of this?
I bet George Bubya would love to see that.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am very curious as to what the book was and if it has any significant meaning to the act of throwing it...

Or am I wanting to "read" too much into it?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The same President who snagged a fly out of midair doesn't see a book the size of his head whiz past his ear? Guess his reflexes are getting slow after all his vacations and golf trips the last 18 months.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

This is my question.

@kenobi- maybe he was... recreationally elevated.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd really like to comment on this but sometimes there are just no words

Thanks for posting it though, I had a good laugh.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I would love to see a vid of this - his expression had to change - would be a good giggle.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
HAHAHA...This is great stuff.

I think I know who the gunman was.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc56bb5d5df9.jpg[/atsimg]

Heres a VIDEO of the book throwing.

And another..

edit on 11-10-2010 by Common Good because: add videos

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The book was titled "A how to guide to run the USA"

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe there is no video yet, and this is not all over the news.

If there is no video, I'm willing to think it is fake. There is always video cameras on the President.

Look someone threw a teddy bear at him:

edit on 11-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

Ah dang! I spoke before the video's started showing up!

I guess it is real. The photo looked too good to be true though.
edit on 11-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Look at this...
www.youtube.com...
a dem too

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dude, for a million bucks plus my legal expenses, I would run naked in front of the president with a website written on my chest.

edit on 10/11/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Awesome! Man, I hope you are right and it was the "black guy" that threw it!! Otherwise it is gonna be a "hate crime."

On another note, someone mentioned that his reflexes may have been pharmaceutically slowed, and I have to admit that if there is any job in the Nation that should be allowed a bit of relaxing smoke, it is his job. I don't do it myself, and I don't like Obama too much, but if a president wants to wind down a little in that manner, I say it should be OK!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Looks like the guy was nekkid.
He don't look like a Tea Party member.

hat tip: IOTW

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
He and Biden will be in town (Wilmington Delaware) on Friday.
Wonder what, if anything, will happen during that.
It's a $1,000 per person fund raiser.
If books are thrown, they'll be more expensive than that cheap ol' paperback in Philly.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

LOL!

?????

What's a Tea Party member look like?

At our last rally here in town there were about 2000 people with about 2000 different looks. Don't believe the TV, we aren't all white, redneck, Palinites. (Actually this guy looks about like what the common misconception of a Tea Party member should look like. He is a pudgy, white, redneck looking fellow.)

BTW, I am a Tea Party member, but I am also an individual and a million $$$ is a big incentive to strip down and streak the president. If I were single and nearby, I might have tried it myself! It had nothing to do with politics, it had everything to do with the offer from the European money man!

As for the book, the secret service should be reprimanded! I think it is pretty funny, but no matter how much I dislike Obama's politics, he shouldn't be dodging projectiles so often, and they should have zeroed in on the perpetrator in seconds if they were doing their jobs correctly.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Star!

A black middle-class mother grilling the president. Did you notice the change on Obamas face as she continued to lay in on him.?

I wonder if there's a video of Obamas answer?

This guy seems to making something racial about it.

Does anyone think if a white person threw it nobody would notice it? They'd cause a riot and be in jail already. Or dead.

I really don't think that Obama really realizes that the nation if getting tired of his "all-talk/no-show" politics. He really doesn't have a clue!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join