It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilean miners prep for ride to freedom, possibly midweek

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The first man is out!
How awesome!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I am going to try to screenshot each miner as he comes up.

I am in for a long long night

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

What endurance these men have shown, and the support of the loved ones,
and the men who are working around the clock!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What a great story and what a great job by Chilean authorities. I can only smile at the fact most of these men will hopefully make a few years salary each between TV shows, radio interviews and books. That's not including whatever they may, or may not get in a settlement or lawsuit with the mining corporation.

Sounds like they had some real veteran human beings down there keeping everyone as sane as possible. It's times like that when being a Buddhist would pay off, not that I am one. Just sit and meditate all day.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There was a report earlier that according to a letter that was received this morning from a brother in the mine to his sister that said that all 33 men had taken a vow to NOT say anything at all, ever, to the media about their experience.. We shall see. Perhaps what happens underground stays underground.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

4.44am
12.44am Chile)
Footage from the camera in the mine shows that paramedic has arrived at foot of the shaft. The next miner to be rescued will be Mario Sepulveda. He is known to the group as "the presenter" for his role in compiling and narrating video diaries. He is thought to be the miner most likely to become a media star after all this is over. The camera from the mine shows him being fitted out in a green waterproof suit, of the kind that will be issue to all the miner. It is designed to let their skin breathe as they ascend.

4.31am
12.31am Chile)
President Piñera describes the rescue as a "miracle". He says adversity brings strength to Chileans. "Some people lost their faith, but some never lost it. We have not cracked. We promised to find them and we have. To bring them out safe and sound was the last promise to them." Piñera says the Avalos family hug will live forever in the memory of Chileans. "Thank you for transmitting your faith and hope," he said. "This rescue effort has been so wonderful. The Chilean people have shown the rest of the world what they are capable of," Piñera says.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50ac0ec51bac.jpg[/atsimg]

5.15am
1.15am Chile)
Mario Sepulveda is the second miner to be brought to the surface. He is 39 years old and married with two children. A union activist he used his video commentaries to criticise the owners of the mine. His wife Elvira described her husband as a born leader. "He's a braveheart. He is never ashamed to say anything to anyone... He never trusted this mine."

5.09am
1.04am Chile)
Sepulveda arrives grinning in his sunglasses. He hugs his wife and then takes out pieces of rock from a bag he took with him from the mine. He presents the rocks to the rescue workers and the mining minister. There are great scenes as he leads rescue workers in chants of Long Live Chile, while punching the air vigorously. He looks very fit and well, but he is still taken away on a stretcher to be checked out by medics.

5.04am
1.04am Chile)
All eyes are on the winch again as we wait for Sepulveda, the second miner to be rescue. His wife Elvira is being comforted by President Piñera (he's everywhere).

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
excellent images here at Flickr

www.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Reports are that those weren't just any old rocks Sepulveda handed out...

they contain gold

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0da924618cc2.jpg[/atsimg]

6.05am(2.05am Chile)
Here's comes Juan Illanes. His wife approached the capsule looking very cheerful. Piñera is there again, he seems intent on meeting every miner. "It was like a cruise," Illanes as he emerges from the capsule. Lots of hugs for the rescuers and the politicians. He too looks in remarkably good shape but is also taken away on a stretcher.

Juan Illanes is the third miner to be rescued. A former soldier he is credited with maintaining discipline among the miners. He has a wife and a son who is studying engineering. After celebrating his birthday over a video link, his wife, Baeza Illanes, said: "This year it's difference because he's further away than ever in the conditions he's in now. But his whole family is sending him lots of strength and love, because he knows we're all supporting him."

edit on 13-10-2010 by berkeleygal because: quote

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

6.16am(2.05am Chile): Next up will be Carlos Mamani Soliz, who as a Bolivian is the only non-Chilean in the group. He had only been working at the mine for four days when the accident happened.

this post will be edited

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bab660b7fdc3.jpg[/atsimg]

7.08am(7.08am Chile):
Mamani has made it up. Veronica and the the waiting politicians clutch Bolivian flags. Mamani gets out and goes to his knees crossing himself before embracing his wife. She looks so pleased. "Welcome to the surface," says Piñera, who passes on greetings from Morales who is expected later.

Carlos Mamani is the fourth to be rescued. His wife Veronica had initiatly complained publicly about the Bolivian government's attitude towards her and her family. But she changed her opinion after meeting Morales. His father-in-law Johnny Quispe was one of the last men to escape the San Jose mine before it collapsed. Quispe said: "I'm 80% sure he will be OK. I will only be 100 per cent sure when I'm holding him in my arms".

7.01am(3.01am Chile): Here comes the fourth miner. The pattern is becoming familiar now. The wife of the trapped miner, in this case Veronica, has been invited to approach the rescue capsule as it emerges from the shaft. At first glance she looks unconcerned - she is sipping a hot drink from a foam cup. But when the camera moves in for a close up she looks tense.

edit on 13-10-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acfd2e18e2a8.jpg[/atsimg]

8.11am (4:11 am Chile):
Jimmy Sanchez, 18, is the fifth miner to be brought to the surface. The youngest of the 33 men, his role has been a temperature monitor. He told his father he cried as he sang on the video that the men sent to the surface. Cheers go up as Sanchez emerges from the capsule. he hugs his father Juan. He doesn't look as hale and hearty as the others. Now he is being strapped into a stretcher before being taken into the field hospital.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Good morning

I see I got up to some good news. Watched Jimmy Sanchez emerge from the capsule wearing his helmet and cool shades. I imagine there'll be dozens of Halloween revellers the world over dressed up as him this year. He's gonna be a cool dude in his own neighbourhood from now on, I'll bet.

Looking forward to all your screenshots Berkeleygal.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Good Morning

I have hit a sang

live cam went offline and it seems they have some preparing to do on the capsule.

I am getting sleepy.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am so happy and proud for Chile!! I'm so impressed with the care those guys recieved while down there, they all look remarkably well as they come out. What a victory!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Imagen if they say to the wifes, im sorry but i now have found my true love... in the dark, i present to you my new partner he is called dirty sanchez

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's a question...

How is the last man up going to secure himself in that capsule and close and latch the door?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Must be the worst thing to be the last one! time going so slow down there alone

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Well, he won't have to wait long, I'd say a half hour at best.

And he won't be alone, God will be with him, God will be the last to leave ;-)

Whoever is last will hold the Guiness record for being trapped underground the longest.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
[mor

Hmm down there its closer to the devil

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join