It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: UK aid worker may have been killed by rescuers' grenade

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

It's happening all too often though, the US army are responsible for more civilian and allied deaths than any other allied force. Now, I don't hate the USA or (most of) it's people, I call a lot of them friends, but I am appalled at the lack of professionalism and communication in its armed forces, and some of the shocking acts of barbarism that are commited.

I dislike the government too, but that applies to my countries government also.
edit on 2/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
No, I am not implying that they killed the hostage intentionally I said that unequivocally in my second post. The soldier that threw the grenade was CLEARLY incompetent.

Really? And you're basing this on how much military/SOF experience you have? And I mean personally, not a COD action game in your mom's freakin' basement.

Once again, Monday morning quarterbacking by ATS posters that don't have a single clue about an actual war or battle.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Oh, and a little research might have gone a long way before this became a "US Special Forces suck" bashfest.

Try professionalsoldiers.com. Nothing really big, just a forum that's run by USSF troops. They have a thread going on about this, "How the rescue of British aid worker Linda Norgrove ended in tragedy."

It wasn't US Army Special Forces. It was a SEAL team. And they story is pretty well screwed up and not accurate.

But, hey, who am I to rain on everyone's gay day parade?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
reply to post by woogleuk

So where was the S.A.S then? Where were they in this citizens time of need?

In the words of David Cameron: "It was right on this occasion to allow American forces to go ahead and attempt the rescue. It was part of the country that they control, ground that they know." He also said that it would be "quite unorthodox" for him to overrule the decision to use US troops.

Originally posted by jerico65
Really? And you're basing this on how much military/SOF experience you have? And I mean personally, not a COD action game in your mom's freakin' basement.

Once again, Monday morning quarterbacking by ATS posters that don't have a single clue about an actual war or battle.

Yes I am basing that on my military experience. Am I now allowed to make some assumptions about you?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Yes I am basing that on my military experience. Am I now allowed to make some assumptions about you?

Knock yourself out. I really don't care.

I'm getting a huge laugh out of the replies from people so far out of their lane it's pathetic. As someone said, it's degenerated into a UK/US Special Forces "My dad can beat up your dad" fight, and 99.9% of the posters here have 1.) no combat experience and 2.) no SOF experience.

Whatever.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join