It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres. contender Newt Gingrich sounds off on Obama eligibility (and he's right!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Says prez has 'obligation' to determine why people don't believe his life story

Former House Speaker and potential GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich used an appearance on Spanish-language television to sound off on questions surrounding President Obama's birthplace and religious faith, declaring the president has an "obligation" to figure out why so many Americans doubt his life story. "If I were the president, that would really concern me, not because of Fox News or talk radio or Rush Limbaugh, but what is there that he's doing that would let that many people be confused?" Gingrich said on Univision's "Al Punto," according to a report from The Hill.

"I think some of this stuff is just a sign of how much fear and anxiety has built up, but I think the president has an obligation to slow down and say, if you're president of all the people, what is it the White House is doing that so frightens a third of the Republican Party that they don't even believe something as simple and as obvious as his self-professed religious belief."

Source: www.wnd.com...

Okay, all jokes and crazy thoughts aside.... Newt hits the nail on the head. And I would like to add--with the current political unrest and Democratic Party's disarray and apparent disconnect from the people of America, you'd think Obama would be doing everything he could to get people to stop thinking he isn't American born and eligable to be the POTUS.

Read the article. See what steps he has doen to hide and/or conceal his past. Not to mention the countless threads on ATS that examine various aspects of the Birther issue(s). Like it or not, it exist and Obama is going to have to deal with it-definitely before 2012. Everyone one of the people that believe in the Birth issue is a potential vote.

And Obama doesn have the luxary of picking and choosing his voters. Just look at him in the last two weeks-out there begging for votes. Come 2012-at this rate----- he should waste his breath.

Not to mention the MASS Exodus of his Senior Staff. Wonder what they know... that is making them flee from the Obama Administration? Maybe... then know something we should know ASAP. Going to be a fun couple of months-coming up.

(Very interesting how Obama refuses to release ANY of his educational background papers/grades/documents etc. Can anyone really justify that? Come on----I am sure at least one ATS member will).

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

whether or not obama was born here he did not pass through us customs inspection upon his "return" to america from indoneisia,therefore he entered the country illegally and is a felon ineligible for the presidancy.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
(Very interesting how Obama refuses to release ANY of his educational background papers/grades/documents etc. Can anyone really justify that? Come on----I am sure at least one ATS member will).

Please show all of us the same papers and documents like passport records, medical records,kindergarten records, all school reports etc etc for the last 5 Presidents, and also post your same records.

Your refusal to post your records, or show where the last 5 Presidents have posted their same records just shows you are only attacking Obama, now why is that?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
whether or not obama was born here he did not pass through us customs inspection upon his "return" to america from indoneisia,therefore he entered the country illegally and is a felon ineligible for the presidancy.

Your source for that is what exactly? And where does the constitution state a felon is ineligible to be the POTUS?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I suppose that some will see this as a patriotic and insightful thing for good ole' Newt to do. But to me, these are words researched, written, and formulated specifically to hit home with the Tea Party crowd.

This is just an attempt by a politically marginalized individual to get back into the limelight. Taking ones political platform from the "interwebz buzz" is simply laughable.

Isn't this the same Newt Gingrich who literally caused our government to shut down and then is reported to have said that he did it because he felt "snubbed" by President Clinton?

Isn't this the same Newt Gingrich who professes to be a very religious man, and yet has been married three times, and has had at least one verifiable long term extramarital affair with a woman 23 years his younger?

In short, isn't this the Newt Gingrich who is already the poster child for much of what is wrong with America in the first place?

I guess Newt and his team are smart enough to realize that people these days have really, really short memories. Well, not all of us!

edit on 10/11/10 by Hefficide because: because: my fingers are committing typing treason tonight! Off with their heads

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
In short, isn't this the Newt Gingrich who is already the poster child for much of what is wrong with America in the first place?

It is also the same Newt that says "As for Gingrich's opinion, the former speaker insisted that Obama was "absolutely" born in the United States and is a Christian,"... so he knows the birthers are fullof it!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Nice try. But, I am not the one leading the country, which a certain segment is apparently dis-satisfied with what he has produced.

You missed the point of the thread. No secret I am not a fan of Obama. However, the poiint of the thread was Obama addressing those concerns to satifisfy those concerns-in hopes of gainng those peoples support/trust and utilmately their votes as it ain't looking too good for either him or the DNC party now-a-days.

Seems to me that the smart one he and others claim he is could be addressed by realeasing those educational records and papers for a complete review. You know, like the MSM did/does with Sarah Palin and other conservative women seeking/holding political office.

As far as me displaying those records... I DID for the job(s) i have applied to and/or held. When I run for POTUS, you'll see them. I PROMISE.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

felons cannot vote or be president. murder is not mentioned in the constitution either, but guess what? its still illegal. at least your not screaming racism.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Nice try. But, I am not the one leading the country, which a certain segment is apparently dis-satisfied with what he has produced.

So you want Obama to release documents no previous POTUS has, why only Obama? Oh, he is black, now I understand!

Seems to me that the smart one he and others claim he is could be addressed by realeasing those educational records and papers for a complete review.

You are very wrong there, as it is not about any documentation that Obama does or does not release - he released his birth certificate, which was verified by even the Govenor of Hawaii, but the birthers ignore that....

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
felons cannot vote or be president.

Wrong, show us where that is stated in the constitution

"A candidate for president of the United States must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and have been a resident of the United States for at least 14 years. "

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich?

Presidential contender?

What?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Have no fear, He will NEVER, EVER, get enough votes to win without microscopic inspection of them, if he plans to run for a second term!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
so Obama is guilty because he refuses to play "moving goal post" with all the mouth breathing idiots who can't accept reality?

I can't stand Obama these days myself, but some people just ruin it for the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The above is the only other disqualification for being President, aside from what was already stated. Felons can be President...at least Constitutionally!
edit on 10/11/2010 by scottkuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You think New Gingrich and the other Republican politicians actually care about the birther issue? You poor poor soul. They know full well Obama's eligibility status hence the fact he is still in office, but they will nevertheless act as if they care about this none issue in time for the elections, as they do with the fringe Christians and the minute men.

And I would like to add--with the current political unrest and Democratic Party's disarray and apparent disconnect from the people of America,

And the Republicans have a connect with the american people? The Republicans can't even explain how they will cut spending let along end public programmes like medicare. Infact when pressed with these specific issues they are deceptive about it. But then again you don't really care about that right? That is not your issue.

you'd think Obama would be doing everything he could to get people to stop thinking he isn't American born and eligable to be the POTUS.

What is Obama 'doing' to get the fringe segment of our population to stop thinking up these conspiracies about him?

Not to mention the countless threads on ATS that examine various aspects of the Birther issue(s). Like it or not, it exist

Of couse it exists, this is a conspiracy forum is it not? The birther issue is no more special as a conspiracy theory as others held in the past.

Everyone one of the people that believe in the Birth issue is a potential vote.

Oh goodness gracious! Hey may potentially loose the Bush and tea party vote in the elections! He better get cracking!

And Obama doesn have the luxary of picking and choosing his voters.

uhuh.

Very interesting how Obama refuses to release ANY of his educational background papers/grades/documents

What do his educational backround or grades have to do with his eligibility as president again? And please, let us know when you find those 43 other long form birth certificates eh?

new topics

top topics

join