It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's versus the Busy Body PC Police

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
...doesnt this really all boil down to common folk wanting to control other common folk they deem not worthy of making their own decisions?...

...gosh, isnt that the very thing we gripe the most about when it comes to the government?... that they think we're too stupid to make appropriate choices for ourselves?...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
If there are any questions about whether CSPI is altruistic in their endeavors, this should go a long way toward answering them. It is a requirement of their "settlement demand" to Viacom and Kellogg, in a 2006 lawsuit.

Payment of $1 billion by Viacom and $1 billion by Kellogg in settlement of all claims for damages against the Companies by plaintiffs and Class members
www.cspinet.org...

But, it's about the children....

WOW!

That ruling and the charge is Astounding!

For Cripes Sake -

These guys are crooks - I can't believe they won the suit -

I am very sad anyone could equate this with reasons for advocating for governance , this sort of thing is
firmly what I am against, because it taints what I am for!

Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Hope

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You cant sue people for offering a service that's in demand, and has been for decades.

But it's only in demand because it's available.

Cheap food will always be in demand, but it doesn't have to be crap.

Free toys are just an incentive to buy crap food. It plays on busy, and lazy, parents offering a seemingly short term good deal.

A wise parent will be selective of what they let a child eat. One can order a salad with grilled chicken or without, apple slices, fruit and yogurt and lowfat milk and buy the toy so a child can eat healthy. An adult can teach children to make wise choices.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Do kids NEED McDonalds? Of course they don't. When you look at what you eat and drink, you don't need any of it, really. You would be just fine eating a chicken breast and some vegetables with a bit of fruit for desert, washed down with water -- for the rest of your life.

Or you could easily add variety to that with all sorts of different meals

What kids don't need is an xbox, playstation and TV.

I'd disagree with that, as video games are developing into a legitimate art form, though that's a different discussion, and the television is still a useful tool in gaining information.

Of course, both in moderation.

What they do need are physical activities.

And nobody disagrees with that. I never did, did I?

Please don't get into the tired old canard about how poor people can only afford to eat fast food. That rubbish has been disproved 1000 times and a few hundred on this site.

I may have actually made a point on here that it's cheaper to not eat fast food. So please ignore that straw man.

Also don't get into the tired business of how poor folks don't have access to sports facilities. There are parks, hoop courts, parking lots, streets where kids can get exercise.

When did I ever say anything about poor people?

I grew up in a terrible city in New Jersey and most of the time we played street hockey and basketball in the road. If anything folks on welfare have more access to physical activity since they are not working and could better spend their time on their health rather than lounging on the couch feeling sorry for themselves.

You're doing a fine job of dismantling the straw man you've built up, but I didn't disagree with you.

The larger question of course and the one that the OP was obviously referring to is that who's business is it? When we as a society need to rely on the government to police our diets, we have lost so much individual accountability and responsibility that we are done as a people.

Again, I'm saying nothing against personal responsibility.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I went into a McDonald’s yesterday and said, “I’d like some fries.” The girl at the counter said, “Would you like some fries with that?” --Jay Leno

Couldn't resist posting the above quote, typical I would think, sell, sell, sell!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join