It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blair Witch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I LOVED the movie too! Yeah i know that it is totally fake... but it's still wicked... and FUNNY... u just have to not take it TOO seriously!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Book of Shadows was cool to. ATold some wired stuff about Blair witch too.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I also thought the movie was a real documentary at first, and was a bit disappointed when I found out I had been tricked. I still have not seen it and dont really have the desire to anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I read this article in a paper just after Blair Witch was released, and it said that the movie was first only played in very select areas (ie: movie theatres that ONLY played documentaries and indy type films). There were about 10 locations total, and it was played for a couple of weeks before it went to all the big theatres.

Anyway, at this one documentary theatre in New York I believe, all the people were completely freaking out and going nuts at the end because they thought it was real. People were calling authorities and were in a frenzy, trying to get to the bottom of it all. Of course they found out it was all fiction soon enough, but I just found that to be an amusing anecdote to contribute. It was very well put together, and if you didn't already know what to expect, it seems very real. I love horror flicks.

I like how it is different than normal movies in every aspect. Generally when I talk to people about it here now a days they hate it and just make fun of it, saying it's played out. All the spoofs like Scary Movie and what not have ruined it for some. But I'm one of the few people that still enjoys it here in Maryland.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
By the way, I heard that they are making a Blair Witch 3, which they said will be a prequel I believe. Not sure if it is still in the making.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I heard of the "bell witch" legend. I think it took place in Tenn but I am not sure. One of the directors of the Blair Witch made reference to the Bell with legend has a inspiration for the movie.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join