It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS trying to install something?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Two nights in a row I've been browsing the Recent Topics page only for my Java icon to pop up followed by Windows Media Player opening and asking me if I wanted to run something, being computer savvy I clicked no and closed WMP and following that nothing seems to happen.

I've done thorough Malware scans and everything is clear but why is this happening on ATS? I haven't experienced it whilst on any other websites. I've looked for a thread on the topic but can't fnd anything.

Running XP/Firefox all software is up to date as possible.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mc1km

Have you been scanning your computer in safe mode? Or regular windows?

If it's in regular windows your wasting your time

It's probably a cookie thing, just clear your browser cache and all that good stuff and you should be fine.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
On a daily basis I clean my Internet cache, temporary files, lost file fragments, orphaned registry keys, deleted e-mail messages and other non-essential files through McAfee. Then I use CCleaner. And last Free Up Disc Space.

It keeps my computer clean and I have never had that problem you mentioned. Maybe you should clean up your computer on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Please file a complaint with as much detail as you can...or post your issue in the ATS Issues Thread.

Closed.

top topics

join