It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO Catches A UFO ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nice find!

I've been collecting SOHO anomalies for a while, this is one of the clearest. Nasa will tell you it's a image compression error

The second image (that looks normal" was actually pointing to the latest, ie today's.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

You can search for any date at the link above.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Freaking sweet.
All prepare for the mothership arrival!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well half of you lot wont believe it anyway but for what it's worth I'll post this relevant aticle explaining SOHO anomalies. It is nothing more than pixel bloom.

yowcrooks.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

Lol i got my tin foil cap made already

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhawk

Lol, why not have a little fun with it?
All these predictions from now till the end of the month, something oughta happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
good stuff
thx for sharing
added 2 new bookmarks

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

For the billions spent ... they got a raw deal on their point and snap ...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

pretty strange, but I wonder why the address, when you click on the link, says 'REPROCCESSED/DATA' then has the date 20101010?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Well half of you lot wont believe it anyway but for what it's worth I'll post this relevant aticle explaining SOHO anomalies. It is nothing more than pixel bloom.

yowcrooks.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

So I guess SOHO and LMSAL have the exact same pixel bloom effect at the same time ? I mean I am not convinced that this has to be a huge ufo (it might be a huge critter in space , but thats just my take) , but still soho and lmsal both wrong at the same time ?

The only problem I have with this scenario is the sheer size of that thing , whatever it is compared to earth , but who knows what can live out there ?

PS: Also I like the time stamp on this one , 2010/10/10 12:12

edit on 11-10-2010 by Thill because: my reason is my own

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
sorry,
doesnt scream "UFO" to me at all. lol

Simply looks like another SOHO 'glitch'.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I want this to be some UFO or other extraordinary object.

However, it is most likely some sort of image artifact from the imager, imaging processor, or from transmission back to Earth. You have to remember that SOHO isn't a camera like you're used to, just floating there taking pictures every few seconds... there are all sorts of radioscopy, processing, and backhauling technologies at play that generate and deliver the resulting image that you see.

But I still want it to be a UFO...
edit on 11-10-2010 by DamaSan because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
I want this to be some UFO or other extraordinary object.

However, it is most likely some sort of image artifact from the imager, imaging processor, or from transmission back to Earth. You have to remember that SOHO isn't a camera like you're used to, just floating there taking pictures every few seconds... there are all sorts of radioscopy, processing, and backhauling technologies at play that generate and deliver the resulting image that you see.

But I still want it to be a UFO...
edit on 11-10-2010 by DamaSan because: spelling

Definitely.
Well said.

I to would love for it to be a UFO,
and id usually be the first to say so if i even slightly thought it could be....

but im just not feelin' this one, at all. lol

I found the older SOHO images of the "sunships"/glitches, whatever they were,
to be more convincing..
and im still pretty sure they are also glitches. lol

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Intriguing

But no doubt Phage will debunk it any time now..

I hope it is UFO, but it will probably be something more mundane

edit on 10-10-2010 by Yissachar1 because: typo

I have no idea what hold this Phage character has on most of the posters here or why he is considered some kind of authority on every subject whose pronouncements are like the voice of God coming down from Mount Sinai.

It doesn't take much digging around for alternative information to prove that a lot of what he says is dubious at best.

In any case, I have been able to do so on a number of occasions so I don't regard him as being ten feet tall or some kind of infallible Pope of ATS.

That said, I have seen a lot of these SOHO pictures and others like them and have never really heard any kind of credible explanation for them. As far as I know, they remain unknown.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

So that is the official debunk position to persuade the masses.

That should satisfy most people.
edit on 10-10-2010 by rajaten because: edit

I have heard so many ludicrous explanations for UFOs seen out in space over the years that I don't really take them seriously any more. If anything, they are often sillier than the "explanations" given for a lot of UFOs seen down here on earth, and obviously explain nothing at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Nice find Pauligirl! I was just about to go looking for the same thing.

As long as there's a way to logically debunk something, I think we should, I mean, face value has less credit today than it used to.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

reply to post by ZELDAR

Wow It is a real picture! I thought it was a fake until I searched for it under the official soho site.

Dont NASA usually make an effort to cover these things up?!

Is it a deliberate accident to leave it unphotoshopped? To coincide with the rest of the growing exposure on the ET/ufo issue ?

Surely they knew us conspiracy nuts would check out their data on 10-10-10 right?....

Great find OP s&f

edit on 10-10-2010 by rajaten because: wowza

with all the Hype of Some big Disclosure Event on 10-20-10 Prediction

NASA saying Why bother!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

reply to post by One Step Beyond...

So that is the official debunk position to persuade the masses.

That should satisfy most people.
edit on 10-10-2010 by rajaten because: edit

I doubt it's official, but common camera interference is far more reasonable than assuming SOHO captured a mothership the size of 5 earths, and released it to the public. Aside from the fact that it only shows up in one single frame. I wont pretend to know exactly what it is, but applying some simple common sense will quickly tell you what it isn't.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
the thing guys...if its a bug or pixel bloom or what ever you wanna call it...i never encountered before in my life the same error repeated but in a different angle...could this really be an object ..just wow

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a5f2ac1dbb1.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11-10-2010 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Here is another way to put it.

Facts are facts though one is free to interpret at will the 'meaning' of it all.
Many folks should survive though any guess on the damages?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join