It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A comment a concern friend told me today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can't believe what he told me today! He told me I was "Power Hungry". I couldn't believe my ears what he told me. He described me that I had changed from being happy and helpful so many years ago. To a man who's priority in life is himself and my selected group of followers. At this time I looked at him crossed eyed. Did he just say that to me? I became myself and that is how I find myself. Him and I are not philosophy majors and we're both Atheist. I just couldn't believe he would ever say that. It felt I was weak or that I needed to do something to control him. I don't know anymore. I will forgive him for the comment. Do any of you find it justifiable what he told me today? I do not see myself as power hungry or in control of people. If a small group of people follow me because I'm more of an Atheist then fine!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I do not see myself as power hungry or in control of people.

If this really is true, then what is the problem?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

He thinks I'm becoming addictive to it. Like I want more and more out of people. Maybe he is on to something here. When I was a Christian these people made fun of me. When I became an Atheist I didn't just join their group I begun to become their leader. I can find a way to get something from people.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

are you more successful than your friend ? a lot of people try the "sellout" routine to make themselves feel better for their lack of ambition or success . you have to have a balance between your pro life and your ethics . sometimes you have to bend a little , good intentions don't pay the rent .

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ego/devil, my friend, if anyone gives in to it (sin), it will say things that it should'nt from a person you least expect...

or

Some people believe that people are hacked to say things to change you or your way by a unknown force outside. Maybe God/creator or maybe the elite since they have the technology to force this upon one?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It felt I was weak or that I needed to do something to control him.

who felt that, you or him?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drell777

I'm not successful at all. Well not where I want to be in life. Seems I want all and then some. Maybe that's what he was trying to tell me. I got friends of all shapes, beliefs and colors. 21 years old and still blessed to get a great life. Just I want more and more.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I felt that. You know I just wanted to prove him wrong and have control over him and anyone else that would say anything negative about my character.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

This is interesting. Don't know much about God or Jesus anymore since I left Christianity about 5 years ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

This is interesting. Don't know much about God or Jesus anymore since I left Christianity about 5 years ago.

To understand ego you have understand yours first. The fact that you forgiven your friend, you're on the right direction. But once you've done that, don't ponder because if you ARE that controlling person, then just LET go....let go.

And about Christianity, maybe theres more to know, not for the brain but for the heart.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well I do love adventure. But I use my brain not my heart. I even tell myself to be more open minded but more cautious.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Maybe he is on to something here. When I was a Christian these people made fun of me. When I became an Atheist I didn't just join their group I begun to become their leader. I can find a way to get something from people.

This is what I was getting at. I would think that you at least have considered it to be possible if you are letting it affect you. If you truly believed this was not true, how could it bother you that he said it? It takes a lot of courage to admit that what he says could be true.

I do find it interesting that you mentioned people used to make fun of you when you were a Christian. It sounds to me like the real issue here could be with the way you have felt about yourself as a result of this. It sounds like becoming an Atheist has made you feel better about yourself. Remember my friend, to allow materialistic things or people to influence who you are and how you feel is to lose a part of yourself. Facing the real truth and working from there does not provide the temporary fix that an organization does, but rather a permanent fix. Don't allow other things to influence how you feel. Try examining how you really feel about yourself, why you are putting so much stock into what your friend says, and why you feel the way you feel about your organization. If you can do this from an objective (or third person perspective) I think you may be amazed with what you see.It is not always easy to do, but it is very liberating in the end

Either way, best of luck to you and your friend.
edit on 10-10-2010 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thank you!
I owe you something in return.

I will think over this in time.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Well I do love adventure. But I use my brain not my heart. I even tell myself to be more open minded but more cautious.

...see? Maybe your friend is right after all, or not. Someone told me once that if you open your heart, "things" and thoughts will flow easier because the "things" as he mentioned were like red blood cells and if they blocked your heart, your mind couldn't do any work.

good luck and ttyl

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Thanks to you to well.
I owe you a soda as well amigo.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Thank you!
I owe you something in return.

I will think over this in time.

I appreciate the kind words, but don't thank me. Thank yourself. I only typed the letters you read on your computer screen. You are the one who has already taken the first step by opening yourself up to all possible explanations. Only you can know the real truth, and when you find it, whatever it may be, you have yourself to thank. Good luck my friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Thanks again! I was just looking at all the books on philosophy. It is going to great to finally open all these books.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If he is a good friend, take a step back and check yourself. Your reaction to his comment states you may have been questioning yourself. Thank him for giving you a gift to check yourself. Don't turn negative, he may really be concerned about you, his friend. I would like to give you a gift too, stop placing labels on your character. Your threads has opened this 50 something eyes. You are a conceptional thinker, be yourself.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

Thanks! Your comment has made a 21 year old respect his elder.
Here's a soda!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I felt that. You know I just wanted to prove him wrong and have control over him and anyone else that would say anything negative about my character.

well i think that could be defined as 'controlling.' but hey, isn't it normal to want to control that stuff? just don't act out on it (not saying you do) and let it roll off your back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join