It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Trumpets- Battered Planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Very interesting. I believe the seals happened during World War 1. The space of time between the seals and the trumpets is 20 years 10 months and 4 days, the space of time between between the first world war and the second. The first and second trumpets happened during World War 2. The third trumpet happened in 1986, that was Chernobyl. It affected over two billion people, and the waters were made bitter and many died. I believe this process lasts 120 years. It was a hundred and twenty years from the time God told Noah to start building the ark to the flood, Jesus said,"Mat_24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat_24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, Luk_17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk_17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. "

WWW=666. The english translation of the letter vav is w. The numerical value of vav is 6. Some kind of strange odd coincidence wouldn't you say, but with God there's no such thing as coincidence. We're pretty close to the end now. A third of world is connected to the internet, the time is ripe for a harvest.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I'm afraid i can't agree with your calculations on timing.

In the first place, I don't know where the "twenty years" figure comes from for the period after the seals.
The only indication of time that I know about is the half an hour of "silence in heaven" at the beginning of this chapter;
I've already done a thread on the meaning of that verse.
Silence in heaven

Next, the remark about "as in the days of Noah" has nothing to do with a time interval. As he explains clearly enough in the following verses, the point he's making is that the circumstances will be the same. People will be living carelessly in the same way.

Wormwood is supposed to make bitter one-third of the waters.
Whatever the coincidence of name, Chernobyl did not make bitter the waters of a third of the earth, so it does not match. The "Wormwood" effect is permanent, and comes to a climax in ch16.

I always argue that the attempt to work out dates and time-intervals is misguided.
The "plagues" of Revelation are not arbitrary disasters, inflicted for the sake of making bad things happen.
They are presented as God's response to the persecution of the church by a power which dominates the world.
Until the church is being persecuted by a power which dominates the world, the message of Revelation doesn't even begin to be operative.

edit on 26-4-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A Burning Mountain!

I very much like this play on words.

^_^

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This series was running ten years ago, and may perhaps be topical again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join