It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbian anti-gay protest, reflection of worldwide opinion.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Your comment is a bit funny, but people have right to express theirselves. Who are you to question that?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

You state as if with authority that a majority of the world is opposed to homosexual marriage.Your proof of this is one poll.
I am linking a poll to you now that shows a 60% support for homosexual marriage, I guess i can now state with absolute authority and conviction that a majority of people support gay marriage.

www.theage.com.au...

SO now what?
Who is right here?

Perhaps now we can at least agree that one poll is not a definitive assessment of worldwide sentiment?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I read they also showed "fascist salutes".
I doubt much of the world wants a "heil Hitler" scenario.
Even rightwing people distance themselves from this doo-doo.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

You have misinterpreted the information.

1. Compare which source is more trustable
2. Your link shows increase in support, not total support. (i.e. 5/100000 supported gay marriages last year, 10/100000 support it this year, therefore there is 100% increase in support for gay marriage in 1 year, doesn't mean there is 100000/100000 supporters for gay marriage)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No misinterpretation here, read the link again, it clearly states that support of gay marriage has increased from 57% to 60%.

Are you suggesting I am unable to understand the difference between a percentage and an increase in percentage?

As for the matter of the credibility of the poll,read your own posts again about why polls are so dependable and if you still want me to question the credibility of this one here is some information on galaxy, the organisation who conducted the poll.
www.galaxyresearch.com.au...

After all the defending of the polling system, how it works and why it is so accurate I am baffled as why someone with such unfaltering belief in the polling system would question the validity of one over another.
Unless of course one directly appeals to ones own values, and one does not.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

Your comment is a bit funny, but people have right to express theirselves. Who are you to question that?

Having a parade to celebrate bedroom antics? If I wanted that advertised, I'd have a webcam over my bed. Throwing a parade is like a whole day of the calendar, like a holiday. Maybe some folks don't like the idea of another day of the year assigned to a group of people celebrating what they do in their bedrooms? Just saying, it's not something I'd do, unless it afforded me more privacy than I was getting at home. Why have a parade at all? Is it a way to seek approval, or attention?

What about those who are trying to raise kids to be heterosexual...do they necessarily have to sequester their kids on parade day? Or would their time be spent explaining the whole thing to their kids? I just don't see a conspiracy here. Some people may not want a gay parade scheduled for 1/365th of every year, traipsing by their windows. Don't these people have the right to express themselves, as well? I just cannot recall the last time I had to announce my sexual orientation as being part of my higher self, is all.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

After all the defending of the polling system, how it works and why it is so accurate I am baffled as why someone with such unfaltering belief in the polling system would question the validity of one over another. Unless of course one directly appeals to ones own values, and one does not.

Don't get carried away too much there. Well it seems Aussies have greater support for same sex marriage, not the case in the U.S. What is your point?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Well I do agree with you somewhat. What I find disturbing in those parades its the way most of them dress, and the way they act. Other than that, there are a lot of different parades, it is just a day of celebration, and it is their right to celebrate whatever they are proud of (i.e. St. Patricks)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Greetings ATS,

In all nations around the Earth homosexuality is at least frowned upon.
...... But this minority is not the same as an ethnical minority, because their way of life not only contradicts, but is also seen as an immoral practice by all cultures, independent of ethnicity. I believe that the problem is that we as a majority cannot understand their way of life, and in most cases we do not want to understand them.

This is one of my points, the other is that after another poster went to question the accuracy of the poll you went into great detail about why polls ARE an accurate source , then questioned the source of the poll presented in my post.

A fairly valid point.

edit on 10-10-2010 by mumma in pyjamas because: left out a word

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am sorry if you feel offended by my thread...

You SHOULD be sorry for offending so many people! Truly shameful and appalling way for any God loving person to act. I am glad you have the sense to form some sort of apology. Very bad form, sir. Bad form, indeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

you went into great detail about why polls ARE an accurate source , then questioned the source of the poll presented in my post.

I questioned the source of it because it is reasonable to do so. And I found that it is a reliable source and therefore I trust its results.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

You SHOULD be sorry for offending so many people! Truly shameful and appalling way for any God loving person to act. I am glad you have the sense to form some sort of apology. Very bad form, sir. Bad form, indeed.

Well you should have read more what was mentioned above. I know that I might have offended some people by it, but it is solely for a greater purposes of understanding what homosexual people go through and their perspectives.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I am Canadian, and although we embrace all people regardless of their religion, race, gender, or orientation, I am not a supporter of some gay rights, such as gay marriage, and I know that the majority of people think the same way as well.

Nonsense...and what makes you think you can speak with my voice? Most people the I know don't care either way, as long as the Leafs make the playoffs.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well you should have read more what was mentioned above. I know that I might have offended some people by it, but it is solely for a greater purposes of understanding what homosexual people go through and their perspectives.

At least you are SOMEWHAT repentant. Your condensation and ignorance is shameful, but at least you admit to it. With some help, there may be at least a chance for you. Peace.
edit on 10-10-2010 by jupiter869 because: (spelling)

edit on 10-10-2010 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I take it you are joking. Also the leafs so far are tied for first place after a lot of years!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

At least you are SOMEWHAT repentant and you admit to your ignorance. There is some hope for you after all. Peace.

There is nothing to be repentant about, I have done nothing wrong. Ignorance in this case is a relative term, and what do you mean by hope?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

At least you are SOMEWHAT repentant and you admit to your ignorance. There is some hope for you after all. Peace.

There is nothing to be repentant about, I have done nothing wrong. Ignorance in this case is a relative term, and what do you mean by hope?

Your ignorance and condescension is appalling. You will be in my prayers, my friend. I just fear my prayers for you will not be enough. I hope you finally find the answers your heart and soul NEED so badly to know...even more than you realize. Peace my friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I take it you are joking. Also the leafs so far are tied for first place after a lot of years!

Only joking about the Leafs...personally, I don't care.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Your ignorance and condensation is appalling. You will be in my prayers, my friend. I just fear my prayers for you will not be enough. I hope you finally find the answers your heart and soul NEED so badly to know...even more than you realize. Peace my friend.

Sure, but I don't even know what you are talking about...
Although in terms of ignorance, I really do not understand where your assumption comes from. But do not let the medium of world wide web fool you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join