It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

So, humans creating more and more CO2 every year and CO2 levels rising in the atmosphere is a fraud?

You mean that every time I start my truck and watch CO2 come out the tail pipe... that is a fraud?

You mean the greenhouse effect, a proven science, is a fraud?
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by mc_squared

I think we will have to agree to disagree, but time will tell which one was closer to the mark, they arn't in that much of a hurry as those you think are losing power are in fact tightening their grip by giving the illusion of losing it.

in a game of Chess, 1 will sacrifice a few in order to win the game.♠

Alright fair enough, I'm glad this discussion at least managed to end on a somewhat constructive note

But I hope you come away from it understanding that those of us common folk that are pushing for global warming action - i.e. the ones you meet on ATS - are NOT running around advocating carbon taxes.

I don't see anyone around here going "zomg global warming is real you guyzz...so lets just listen to what teh man tells us to do about it and bend over like good little subordinates".

Those of us pushing for action against global warming are simply pushing for just that: action. As in - the opposite of apathy.

Many of us are simply trying to use global warming as the platform to shake people out of their self-involved comas and make them understand how much real change from the status quo - that is, any change, be it for the sake of the environment or the corruption of TPTB - depends on everyone finally getting up and doing something about it. Not getting all cranky and going "piss off, it's all just a scam!!" and then going right back to sleep.

Even if global warming was a scam there are tons of ways you could use that scam against them. You could use it as the motivation to get you and your family off carbon on your own. Then you wouldn't have to pay their BS taxes and you would be free from these tools of oppression they already enforce on you like oil. You could quite literally break yourself free from the matrix.

So if this is all just some scam, then they've obviously left a big backdoor open in their convoluted scheme. But now - instead of working to exploit that, all the little sheep are rushing to nail that door shut for them, while incessantly congratulating each other on "not falling for" the trap.

Meanwhile they're all still as stuck inside the cage as they've ever been.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It is Also a War of Religious Ideologies . Progressive Humamism Vs, Christianity and All Other Faiths that profess that their Creator Bestowed upon them this Earth with the Intent for them to be Fruitful and Multiply . The Earth Exists to Serve Us , not the Other way around as some who Worship the " Green Dragon " might Believe . According to their Idealogy , Man is Expendable when he Conflicts with the Forces of Nature . This concept is Nothing new , it was once called Paganism . Are we as a People Today ready to Except this New Paganism , or are we Content in our Present Beliefs concerning our Interpetations of what our Creator Intended for All of Us ? ....You Decide....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by crowdedskies

So, humans creating more and more CO2 every year and CO2 levels rising in the atmosphere is a fraud?

You mean that every time I start my truck and watch CO2 come out the tail pipe... that is a fraud?

You mean the greenhouse effect, a proven science, is a fraud?
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

What you are saying is that we should all stop breathing. Everytime we breathe we inhale oxigen and release carbon dioxide. How many breaths do we take in a day multiplied by a few billion. Luckily the atmosphere can cope with that. In fact plants need carbon dioxide to survive and generate oxygen that we breathe in.

I am aware that one scientist in particular has been suggesting that we all get taxed for breathing and creating carbon dioxide. That is how far this CO2 nonsense is going.

The truth is the atmosphere can take it and dissipate it. The greenhouse effect is a fallacy. As for the ozone layer, now scientists are saying that it is not as bad as they thought.

edit on 15-10-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

It is Also a War of Religious Ideologies . Progressive Humamism Vs, Christianity and All Other Faiths that profess that their Creator Bestowed upon them this Earth with the Intent for them to be Fruitful and Multiply.

Thanks - I'll gladly quote that to help support my point!

Incidentally - if your choice of guidance on this matter is seriously gonna be the Bible - then tell me something: what does the story of Adam and Eve tell you? What is Man's original sin?

Man once lived amongst Nature and was "just like all the other animals". Then he took a bite of an apple from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and became aware of his nakedness and ashamed and yaddi yadda and got kicked out of the garden for doing that.

So basically man's own self-awareness - which is what separates him from the rest of nature - is his original sin.

It's like God was saying, "here: if you want to become self-aware, and have a brain and be able to reason, and one day figure out how to build powerplants, etc - then by all means be fruitful and multiply...But know this: with great power comes great responsibility. You have now detached yourself from the garden and the very things that provide all this for you. And if you don't learn how to respect that, and live in balance with it...well..."

So what? You think God is going to give you a hi-five for crapping all over his rose bushes because you were just following his instructions to "be fruitful and multiply"? Do you think there is simply an infinite amount of garden you can just do this with?

Your own good book is trying to tell you the exact same things the science is.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Global warming is no different than all the other frauds out there. Lets do a list.
Electricity ---- We are told we are wasting electricity, as if there wasn't enough. It's impossible to run out of electricity. FACT.

Carbon Emissions --- Apparently global warming is man made. On mars, and jupiter too. We'd better be taxed on the air we breathe, because it will make the air cleaner.....

Going green ---- Now we have to buy "green" products, because they are apparently safer for the make believe environment. Oh but wait, they cost twice as much as the "harmful" products out there..... Try that one on reverse psycology.

You don't seem to understand a lot of stuff you go on about.

Wasting electricity - as in, using it unnecessarily, thus using up more of the fuel used to produce it. Fuel is finite. Therefore, electricity generated using fuel is finite. Think about these things a few seconds before you say them.

CO2 on other planets - nothing to do with this. Try reading up on planetary science, that kind of thing. BTW, you won't find much CO2 on Jupiter; presumably you were talking about Venus. But I'll let that one go - easy mistake if you don't know much about them to begin with.

Green - interesting strategy, arguing from the unrelated cost angle rather than the actual subject, environmental pollution and so forth.

"Your honor, I know my client is here on a murder charge, but I'd like to talk instead about our jaywalking laws. He has broken none of them, so I call for all charges to be dismissed."

And since when is the environment make-believe? Or are we on another of those subjects you know nothing about, but are ideologically convinced you're right about?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Haven't read the entire thread. Am wondering how a phycisist can have relevent knowledge of climatology? Aren't they the ones that speak of most everything considered wierd? And in my own little part of the world I've seen local climate changes over the last couple of decades. But no one's interested in imperical evidence.
edit on 17-10-2010 by missvicky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
What you are saying is that we should all stop breathing. Everytime we breathe we inhale oxigen and release carbon dioxide. How many breaths do we take in a day multiplied by a few billion.

No, I am not saying that. Obviously we can't stop breathing. What I am saying is that we should all stop burning fossil fuels or reduce the amount. And stop producing machines that produce more CO2 than any natural object.

Some have calculated that a typical car generates about as much CO2 as 12 people. Do you know how many cars are running right now as we speak? That is just cars.....

Luckily the atmosphere can cope with that. In fact plants need carbon dioxide to survive and generate oxygen that we breathe in.

No, the atmosphere can NOT cope with that. If that were true, CO2 levels would not be rising. It would stay at one level. There comes a point where man-made machines create more CO2 than Earth can handle. We already passed the point, and if he haven't we will in the future if we don't stop now.

Yes, plants need carbon dioxide to survive... but they also need water. If CO2 does contribute to heating the Earth, water will be hard to come by.

I am aware that one scientist in particular has been suggesting that we all get taxed for breathing and creating carbon dioxide. That is how far this CO2 nonsense is going.

That is how serious it is getting too..

The truth is the atmosphere can take it and dissipate it.

That is not true. If it were, CO2 levels would not be rising.

The greenhouse effect is a fallacy.

No it's not. If the greenhouse effect is a fallacy we would all be dead.

If you have a better explanation for why the atmosphere keeps Earth 33 degrees warmer than it would be without one, I'm all ears to hear it.

However, it's already been proven that our atmosphere keeps Earth warmer. Can you disprove that? No...

The process by which the atmosphere keeps Earth warm is called the greenhouse effect. The gases in the atmosphere absorbs and emits radiation and keeps Earth warm, as well as protects Earth. You can not disprove this because it has already been proven.

You can even do scientific tests in your own home which prove the greenhouse effect.

Calling it a fallacy is completely incorrect.

As for the ozone layer, now scientists are saying that it is not as bad as they thought.

Show your source...

Even then, it's not about how bad it is now, it's how bad it will be if we don't stop messing with it by pumping gases into the air.
edit on 17-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

it wont stop either people believe the fake statistics and what the politicians tell them everyday

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Its just a NWO scam to promote depopulation & a NWO scam to force us to pay carbon tax.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

Even then, it's not about how bad it is now, it's how bad it will be if we don't stop messing with it by pumping gases into the air.

It has been shown that automotive & industrial air pollution helps cool the planet, and since those emissions have been reduced it caused some warming.

Who is "we"? The NWO is doing weather modification and spraying chem trails causing global warming and crop failures world wide and blaming it on us. They are turning the world into a prison planet while they laugh watching us debate global warming.
edit on 22-10-2010 by wonton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Global warming is no different than all the other frauds out there. Lets do a list.

Sunscreen ---- most cancer patients have vitamin D deficiency.

Bottle Water ---- Less healthy than most tap water, with added chemical harmful to the body, and most of the good minerals taken out.

Electricity ---- We are told we are wasting electricity, as if there wasn't enough. It's impossible to run out of electricity. FACT.

Carbon Emissions --- Apparently global warming is man made. On mars, and jupiter too. We'd better be taxed on the air we breathe, because it will make the air cleaner.....

Going green ---- Now we have to buy "green" products, because they are apparently safer for the make believe environment. Oh but wait, they cost twice as much as the "harmful" products out there..... Try that one on reverse psycology.

Organic foods ----- Costs twice as much as regularily grown foods. But my question is, when did they stop growing organically? And Why is it cheaper to buy chemically grown foods, you'd think the chemicals would cost more than just plain old organic?

Bottom line..... We must pay for everything we do. From going in the sun, to drinking water, to eating "organic" foods. They even found a way to charge us on the air we breathe. It's pretty genius when you think about it. It's also twisted and evil. But that's the world we live in today.

I disagree with both the electricity and organic foods. When they say wasting electricity, of course they don't mean it will run out. That's ridiculous. They mean that the more power used, the more coal, etc they have to use to produce it. Why would this be a fraud or scam, turning off lights and not "wasting electricity" just saves you money. Organic food costs more because it's better for you so there is a higher demand.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Organic food costs more because it's better for you so there is a higher demand.

They cost more because they are more labour intensive, more expensive to grow and because there is less demand.

Biodynamic Agriculture FTW

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Organic food costs more because it's better for you so there is a higher demand.

They cost more because they are more labour intensive, more expensive to grow and because there is less demand.

Biodynamic Agriculture FTW

See I would have figured they cost more because they are in high demand, but short supply. Short supply because of all the other things you said. Works either way I suppose, still not a fraud.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Interestingly enough, we find that now the NOAA is saying that warming causes climate change

Though it doesn't claim what is causing it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

the cause of suffering is ignorance.... by that the buddha did not mean stupidity.... but rather, clinging to the illusion that life is static and predictable....

we seem to be wanting to control too many things by trying to restrict the 'changes' through barking up the wrong tree...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Sunscreen ---- most cancer patients have vitamin D deficiency.

Bottle Water ---- Less healthy than most tap water, with added chemical harmful to the body, and most of the good minerals taken out.

Not fact just a misstatement:

We CAN generate all the electricity we have the energy to produce. True:
However: The electrical grid has a fixed capacity. we can only draw a fixed maximum of power. before things get hot.

Afte the recent 31page free for all I don't know what to believe about that anymore..

Organic foods ----- Costs twice as much as regularily grown foods. But my question is, when did they stop growing organically? And Why is it cheaper to buy chemically grown foods, you'd think the chemicals would cost more than just plain old organic?

another sound bite:
"modern"(chemically dependant) agricultural methods produce extremely high yields so individual costs go way down.if an organically grown field produces two bushels of wheat and a modern field of the same size produces 200 its easy to see the individual cost.

Bottom line..... We must pay for everything we do. From going in the sun, to drinking water, to eating "organic" foods. They even found a way to charge us on the air we breathe. It's pretty genius when you think about it. It's also twisted and evil. But that's the world we live in today.

Everything has a cost( not in dollars or ruprees or rubles
but in "Energy": in fact all life is engaged in a struggle for energy (and "reproduction" but that's another thread); Ants struggle to carry picnic crumbs for the energy they give back. Plants grow towards the light. We purchase fuels for the energy they produce.Nobodies being charged for air (yet);
( *****WARNING:WILL ROBINSON RIGHT TURN ANTICIPATED***)

The coal miner accepts money for his work.( money can be seen as an exchange of energy( or the promise of exerting energy anyway).I personally believe private ownership and private property are integral to making the system work. people to left disagree and see state( communal ) ownership of everything as the key to: "free bubble-up and rainbow stew for everybody." on the face of it is alluring. But you can't get something of value for nothing in exchange.
I believe species are hardwired to seek their own advantages; but It can be tempered ( by very high minded self effacing people ) . If everything is provided "free"by the state ( "system"): Party members set it up to get to live in state owned Dachas' in the country; "Vassiliy six pack" gets a cold drab concrete apartment in people's housing. Both are being provided for by the state"free". At least in our society Vassily can come up with an idea or work extra to change his situation. If he desires; and its reasonable to assume in the real world of communist countries this takes place among people as under the radar bartering and individual capitalism.Sorry for the "political diversion".

In other words:" I see your thinking I just don't consider the system: "twisted and evil".

edit on 7-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by 46ACE because: conclusion tacked on

edit on 7-11-2010 by 46ACE because: oops

edit on 7-11-2010 by 46ACE because: excessivepuntuation ( free range periods)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
reply to post by HunkaHunka

the cause of suffering is ignorance.... by that the buddha did not mean stupidity.... but rather, clinging to the illusion that life is static and predictable....

we seem to be wanting to control too many things by trying to restrict the 'changes' through barking up the wrong tree...

Hey my guru George!
I like that very much.and the buhdda quote;
Thanks for posting.
I would agree.I've been involved with "survivalist" stuff/folks since the 80's; I see people struggling to drag their first world lifestyle through the door of a catastrophe and land feet down comfortably in third ( fourth? ) world conditions. People struggle to buy the "generator" and stockpile fuel so the maragarita blender will run. IMHO its a waste of money time and effort., Things are changing; go with the flow, stout trees get snapped off in tornados, grass not so much.
)
edit on 7-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join