It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

blogs.telegraph.co.uk

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thegwpf.org

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wow. That is what I thought when I read this. It is about time that scientists are getting fed up with the global warning scam.

Harold Lewis is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He was a member of APS for 67 years, and is now fed up with how corrupted they have become. He goes on to say in the letter that, "APS used to encourage discussion of important issues, and indeed the Constitution cites that as its principal purpose. No more. Everything that has been done in the last year has been designed to silence debate."

He clearly states that this isn't science anymore and greater forces are at work with this issue. I hope more scientists come forward with their views against this and come out of hiding.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

A quote from your source:

Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion.

But it seems there are plenty of scientists who did and do so without said revulsion:

www.cbsnews.com...

www.factcheck.org...

reason.com...

Or just google it. Up to this day there were five independent reviews of Climategate and all of them have exhonerated any and all scientists although they condemned the negative PR that they brought on the whole subject.

So basically the guy is just stating his opinion: In his mind there's no way a scientist can believe in Climate Change. The thing is, though, that most do - and nobody has yet found any substantial wrong doing among the scientists even if he claims he has. He'd better present the evidence than to merely make such a blanket assertion that is diametrically opposed to what all other independent reviews of the case have come to conclude.

edit on 10-10-2010 by NichirasuKenshin because: grammar, structure, typos

edit on 10-10-2010 by NichirasuKenshin because: grammar, structure, typos

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Global warming is no different than all the other frauds out there. Lets do a list.

Sunscreen ---- most cancer patients have vitamin D deficiency.

Bottle Water ---- Less healthy than most tap water, with added chemical harmful to the body, and most of the good minerals taken out.

Electricity ---- We are told we are wasting electricity, as if there wasn't enough. It's impossible to run out of electricity. FACT.

Carbon Emissions --- Apparently global warming is man made. On mars, and jupiter too. We'd better be taxed on the air we breathe, because it will make the air cleaner.....

Going green ---- Now we have to buy "green" products, because they are apparently safer for the make believe environment. Oh but wait, they cost twice as much as the "harmful" products out there..... Try that one on reverse psycology.

Organic foods ----- Costs twice as much as regularily grown foods. But my question is, when did they stop growing organically? And Why is it cheaper to buy chemically grown foods, you'd think the chemicals would cost more than just plain old organic?

Bottom line..... We must pay for everything we do. From going in the sun, to drinking water, to eating "organic" foods. They even found a way to charge us on the air we breathe. It's pretty genius when you think about it. It's also twisted and evil. But that's the world we live in today.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah whatever...

I'd rather our children's children look back on how global warming was a fraud...instead of asking why this generation ignored the signs and did nothing?!

If there's a rational argument for *not* reducing carbon emissions or protecting the environment can somebody post a basic outline?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There will always be "climate change."
Our blessed time upon this rock has happened in a period of stability that is not "the norm"when you look at the records of our planet,through the rocks,ice etc.

Do we affect the climate as a species?

Yes we do,and we could help with different cleaner technologies.Thats great an all,but- if we think we can change the cycles of earth by appointing new government positions/cap and trade/extra taxes/crap light bulbs; then we are deluded.
If the planet wants to sneeze,we are screwed...no idiot government can save anyone.
And they want our taxes anyways...

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? as they say

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I have a question for you.

Have you ever noticed, that when you're driving down the hwy, with trees and greenery on boths sides of you, and nothing but traffic on the hwy, that none of the trees or the greenery dies?

You would think that if carbon emissions were so bad, trees near hwys, and grass, flowers and so on, would all be dead would they not? But no, they flourish, constantly having to be pruned back from the busy roads. Even though they are closes as they can get to all the carbon emissions.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Why would anyone in their right mind think that

Anyone who isn't a moron knows that trees breathe in carbon dioxide, so obviously would benefit from CO2 rises. Any hydroponic grower with experience can confirm this.

WTH does this have to do with global warming

If the fauna all over the globe could take in all this carbon without any difficulties, don't you think ... oh I dunno, that the CO2 atmospheric levels would not keep going up each year ??

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The funny thing about the demise of Global Warming is that is was done in by the same scientists trying to prove it.

You can only distort, manipulate, and delete so much data before the public catches on to the fraud.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I get the impression that Global Warming was generated because it's less of a scare than, say, Peak Oil. I feel there is some sort of plan in the works to have oil last a specific (longer) period of time, to slow the increase in consumption.

Perhaps that's the reason so there is no market crisis or other economic turbulence.

Peace
KJ

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

It isn't the science behind Climate Change that I distrust, it's the politicians who are trying to get involved and use it to make money. The scientific evidence has gained a wide-spread acceptance amongst most scientists, of course there are some who reject it for various reasons. Whether or not Climate Change is truly a world shattering crisis has yet to be seen but either way we shouldn't be polluting the Earth.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Millions of years ago, in the age of dinosaurs, CO2 levels were much higher on Earth. Therefore all life was much bigger, from plants to animals, because plants had more to feed on, they grew bigger, so did the animals because they too had more to feed on. I do not believe humans can destroy the Earth, it will destroy us before we do so.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would like to think that "Climate Gate" at-least contributed to do exposing the fraud:

Some of the most embarrassing e-mails are attributed to Philip Jones, the Director of the CRU; Keith Briffa, his assistant; Michael E. Mann of the University of Virginia; Malcolm Hughes at the University of Arizona; and others.

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

www.dailymail.co.uk...[e ditby]edit on 10-10-2010 by gladtobehere because: grammar

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm with professor Lewis on this. Good for him! We need more professionals to speak out. It gave me the creeps when he wrote about how the military industrial complex is taking over the scientific community. Again, I concur as most grants given to universities are from the DOD, over 50% as a matter of fact. This doesn't bode well for science or the nation. Truth cannot be bought but lies can be sold. IMO MMGW is proof of that.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
global warming is indeed a scam

people are sooo willing to believe anything these days

people have been told 1+1=3 so they will buy into this scam

the earth was here before us it will be here long after us.............i say its mans own arrogance that he can effect things on a planetary scale....................

the new world order is global warming............global warming is the new world order..................think not? look at how many people are in the green movement........how much power do they already have and they continue to increase it.......................if the greenies put half as much energy into saving this country as the do in saving this world this country would shine like it has never done in its entire history.........................................last thought here what will all those green products and the trillions they have cost us all what good will they have done when yellowstone blows..............hello! supervolcano!!!!!!............and i dont recall any greenie crying the earth was doomed when that icelanic volcano spewed ash out for weeks...........................hmmm........so let me get this straight here man and his ways are evil but when a volcano blows nothing but silence.........ok scam its a scam and the greenies are the puppets in the great lie perpretated on mankind..........why cause people are morons......people will believe anything...............

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is very interesting. There is a real momentum gathering that seems to make more sense than the almost religion like warming movement.

Let us see how the next few years pan out temp wise. I think it will cool, as the long term cycles say.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am all for saving the planet, reduce emmissions, use less of everything.
I do not believe in the whole global warming scam because as mentioned, politics got involved and now with the talk of carbon taxes I believe it even less.

when they say that saving the planet will generate no money for anyone and we are doing it for the planet, then I will listen, until then, its just a cash grab from greedy men and corperations

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
my opinion on cklimate change is simple - instead of attempting to " stop it " a epic failure that would make king canute proud

we should instrasd spend the money preparing / adapting for what is to come , for instance its hard to find a house in norway without triple glazed windows , in the UK they are a notable rarity

climate change is going to make now barren areas fertile and fertile areas barren - and change the type cof crops that can be grown at varuious latitudes , money spent prepsaring the agricultural industry for the inevitable is far better that wasting money , attempting to stop the inevitable

reply to post by neo96

my opinion on global warming is that the scam = the belief that 1000 - 1 = 0

where in 1000 = the natural processes that contribute to undeniable climate change cycles

and 1 = the manmade processes that contribute to climate changes

reducing the manmade climate change factors is going to make chuff all diffeerence

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

exactly - we should not burn oil to make electricity - when there are so many alternatives

we are utterly dependant on petrochemicals for so many things , and a wind farm cannot synthesise plastics , nor propell a airbus a300 across the atlantic

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Long-retired ancient Physicist, who has long been associated with climate science denial, and worked in nuclear physics, throws dummy out the pram.

Hold the presses!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join