It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Boogie Man Under the Bed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
UFO Boogie Man Under the bed

Everybody recognizes the term whether they have been terrorized by the thought of the boogie man under their bed or simply know about the phenomena. Could the boogie man be a valid experience in some ways? Or more precisely, is it possible evidence of an alien visitation?

As a child long ago, before TV and in the days when there was usually only one radio in a household, I was terrified of an unknown something under my bed that would come out when I was left alone in the dark. I never saw or heard it, but I knew it was there, every night. Absolutely no part of my body was ever allowed to extend over the edge of the mattress, otherwise, it might be gnawed off. The covers were drawn tight to my sides and around my neck, if, in fact, I didn’t cover up my head.

As we grow older, we come to terms with that fear because we never are eaten, wake up intact and the stern words of adults are to be believed after all.

We learn that such fears are a typical childhood syndrome that eventually goes away once adolescence or, at the least, adulthood is achieved. (But maybe not entirely.) Any psychology book will give helpful conventional reasons why some children are afflicted with that problem.

Suppose that is not the truth? Suppose that such terrors are a by-product of real experiences? Suppose they are the result of alien visitations?

One of my memories at about four years of age is of big, bright symbols being shown to me in the air in front of or on the wall of my room. (I realize at this instant that I always phrase the words that way “…shown to me….” Is that indicative?) I remember yelling to my parents about what I was seeing and the response always was, “Shut up and go to sleep.”

That was the first of the out ordinary thing in my life that I remember. I had many more thereafter. As an adolescent was told by my father that he had two encounters with strange aerial objects in about 1910 and 1950. I was always keenly interested is space flight, astronomy and, of course, flying saucers. Later, I had a time-loss experience in 1964.

I propose that the boogie man and alien bedside visitations are one and the same. The only difference being that the child remembers just enough of an experience to be afraid every night. And the only logical place for the monster to hide is under the bed or in the closet. And that leaving a light on does seem to offer some protection.

The purpose of such visits to young uneducated children seems evident to me from my own experiences. It is a preparation of young minds for new realities and to question the consensus realities. In the field of the education of young minds, today there seems to be no lower limit where learning is not done to some degree. Perhaps the aliens were well aware of that capability long before we knew of it.

So, if you were one of these fearful kids, what brings you to ATS? Are UFOs one of your passions or at least one of your interest areas? More importantly, why?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis could also explain the Boogie man and alien visitations/abductions. I'm not saying that Its does, just that it could.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

One of my memories at about four years of age is of big, bright symbols being shown to me in the air in front of or on the wall of my room. (I realize at this instant that I always phrase the words that way “…shown to me….” Is that indicative?) I remember yelling to my parents about what I was seeing and the response always was, “Shut up and go to sleep.”

That was the first of the out ordinary thing in my life that I remember.

One of my first memories of anything out of the norm. was the sight of little balls of light in my bedroom when I was about 4 or 5. They had the fins and tails and faces of fish but round bodies that were transparent, lit-up, and they had the swirling colours of soap bubbles. The room was dark but I could see the door and the wall and skirting boards by the light coming off them. I got out of bed to go get someone and one of these things that was on the floor actually "swam" out of the way. I screamed the house down.

I also had a boogie man under the bed.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrundleFly
Sleep paralysis could also explain the Boogie man and alien visitations/abductions. I'm not saying that Its does, just that it could.

That's a rather broad coverage, don't you think? And don't you think that response avoids the question?

I assume you are thinking about BED-side abductions of which one of my children endured, but mine was driving down a dark, country road at night--Hard to attribute that to sleep paralysis!

But then what is sleep paralysis? If it is recognized as a natural occurrance at times for healthy people, we can also assume that it can be artificially induced if one have the technique to do so. And I must personally grant the ETs that power either via sheer mental power or with technological means.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by BrundleFly

That's a rather broad coverage, don't you think? And don't you think that response avoids the question?

I assume you are thinking about BED-side abductions of which one of my children endured, but mine was driving down a dark, country road at night--Hard to attribute that to sleep paralysis!

But then what is sleep paralysis? If it is recognized as a natural occurrance at times for healthy people, we can also assume that it can be artificially induced if one have the technique to do so. And I must personally grant the ETs that power either via sheer mental power or with technological means.

I dont know about down the side of a road, and I wasn't denying the existence of abductions or anything, I was just making a point. In some cases I bet night fears have to do with sleep paralysis, which occurs in healthy people all the time, and is also a good way to start a lucid dreaming state if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I even to this day, have a paranoia/fear/avoidance of hanging my arm/hand off the side of the bed. I am 30 years old. I am an abductee but I dont relate it to whats under the bed. As a kid, I had ghost experiences but I dont remember anything being under the bed in particular, but then again I have alot of blocked memories aswell. Its just something that as far as cellular memory goes - kind of like a gag reflex- my body will not allow my hand or arm to be off the side of my bed for fear or anxiety of something grabbing it. I dont recall that ever happening, but I suppose I wouldnt have the fear should it of never happened. I wonder how many of us have that reflex

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

This action of ours is more precisely a reflex action to an undetermined and unseen threat that that we consciously are aware as it has bubbled up from the unconsciousness to be that defensive action. Maybe?

It may be a generalized fear about something real in our lives or a personality adjustment problem with life in general. Certainly, it need not be caused specifically by an abduction, but on the other hand, that is one hell of a good reason for that specific action.

A little known-unconscious feature of abductee behavior is one that my kids recognized long ago and give me occassional reminders in the way of little gifts. That would be big-eyed owls. And I suppose that relates to the unsconscious knowledge--I have no conscious memory--of the aliens having the typically noted large, dark eyes.

new topics

top topics

join