It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mature topic for women and men with daughters.- Feminine Survival Hygiene

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

So, glad that you thought of it. Now I can add another checkmark box to my list, one that I never thought of at all, and is quite important. Not for me, but my g/f will definatly be in need of this information on general principle alone, whether she puts herself in those situations or not. s+f for reminding me why I stop in on ATS...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear SeenMyShare

I find it totally mind boggling that someone would be even giving this subject a thought in the event that the world is thrown into an apocalyptic situation.

I guaranty to you that the very last think on your mind in this situation is going to be yours or anyone else’s menstrual cycle.

However it does prove to me just how few people in the west will survive.

edit on 10-10-2010 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

Actually, it will be the east that won't survive.
If you don't have women, you can't have children and if you kill off all your women with stupidity, then where will you go? To the west?
Certainly hope not.
Good luck to you sir and your new found sexuality.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by JonInMichigan

My heart truly goes out to those women who have IUDs or other internal devices should the SHTF. Removal would be necessary for multiple reasons but primarily for the health of the woman. Those devices were not designed to be permanent and without a trained professional for removal things could go bad quickly. Infections would be my primary concern and even with antibiotics removal becomes critical.

Depending on the scenario creating children would not be a "lets get this done" priority. Having a safe and stable spot to sustain ones life is paramount. When things settle down and people get down to living instead of surviving people can better handle the demands of an infant.

I agree with you 100%. Even while I was writing about the IUD I was thinking about how it could even be possible with no antibiotics. Would need a speculum and some other tools as well. Perhaps I should read up on the technique in medical journals just to be prepared for the worse.

I imagine we would have to find a doctor post SHTF as those things are only good for 10 years (the kind she has) and she has had it for three years already. They recommend no woman being on the pill after 35. She's 38 so I'm not sure having kids at say 40 would be the best plan anyway. I think I would have to leave having kids to my daughter who is 12 (after a few years of course and NOT via me... I know what you rednecks or 3rd world folks are thinking. They may do that overseas but we haven't devolved that much yet.)

Personally, I think the best plan is what they have been doing for centuries, one just keeps adding younger wives to the harem, but somehow I don't think that idea will go over very well. It would go over at least as well as the wine stopper.

edit on 11-10-2010 by JonInMichigan because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Thank you sir, for reminding me why I labeled the subject line "Mature Topic". This may not be important to you - a man who appears not to have a significant female in his life, but it sure is important to the ladies in the crowd and the men who love them! The personal comfort of a woman in just this one small area may make the difference between those who want to struggle on and those who just curl up and die.

What do you plan to do, set your women outside the camp for the duration of her menses? Leave her unprotected in the wilderness to protect your masculinity? Set your young daughter out of the camp when she gets her first one even though she might be anywhere from ten to fourteen?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by MAC269

What do you plan to do, set your women outside the camp for the duration of her menses? Leave her unprotected in the wilderness to protect your masculinity? Set your young daughter out of the camp when she gets her first one even though she might be anywhere from ten to fourteen?

I always got the impression that all the village women went to the "moon lodge" together. You know so they can sit around plotting against men together. Just send them with some sheep and they will come back with new socks for their men and all fresh and clean.
(This is an entirely fake chauvinistic remark intended for comic relief in the modern world. In the ancient world, this would no doubt be standard practice.)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You've tried the rest, now try the best ....

- Sphagnum Moss

Seriously this stuff is used around the world for women's problems [according to Ray Mears].
I believe it has soothing/antiseptic properties and certainly survivalist rate this stuff

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
You've tried the rest, now try the best ....

- Sphagnum Moss

Seriously this stuff is used around the world for women's problems [according to Ray Mears].
I believe it has soothing/antiseptic properties and certainly survivalist rate this stuff

Thanks!
Bookmarked most of this info and would like to thank all the adult males out there who are thinking about us!
You guys are the best!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have heard that a diaphram can be used like the feminine cups for menstration and also for birth control. Less effective birth control method than some, but I like that it is reusable and could be used for both purposes.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is one more reason to belive we were indeed put on this earth and did not evolve from some chimp like we are tought, Lloyd Pye is right

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm kind of lucky in this respect as Medical was my first career choice and then I became a PAgan and became obsessed with medicinal herbs and know just about everything about natural healing herbs and such. I like hemp pads for the woman on the survival tip and they are reuseable and When TSHTF I beleive there will be a lot of hemp being grown as it is so very versatile, and the POLICE will pretty much be in over their heads with other problems to crack down on Pot planters.

I think if the SHTF nobody will be worrying about having sex... I pretty much think they'll just be trying to survive and won't even be idle enough to even entertain the thought JMO.
edit on 11-10-2010 by ldyserenity because: To add some stuff

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yeah.

If TSHTF I'm just going to try to "hold it in"

On a serious note, someone mentioned craving chocolate during that time of the month. This got me to thinking - me personally - not a big candy fan and with the monthlies I'm actually very adverse to food and do not want to eat anything.

Chocolate is one of THE most highly allergenic substances out there. Could it be the body's attempt to "desensitize" itself?

Here's one of my weird anomalies - I have wicked bad allergies to plants, grasses, and molds. I believe this is part of what makes me want to smoke like a fiend during ragtime - body's effort to "desensitize" itself? (I am allergic to tobacco. ?)

Most women crave chocolate, I crave CIGS!!!

In fact - it gets SO BAD at this time of year - that the bad allergies have actually caused disruptions in my cycle. Bad plant allergies actually have triggered the period at the wrong time.

And there is (some, scant) research out there that links allergies and menstrual periods. They are somehow connected and can cause problems both ways - but no one seems to really know why.

Most women crave the highly allergenic chocolate.

Anyway, what this made me think of - survival wise - for men and women alike - if you have very bad allergies - you will want to find ways to alleviate those if medicines are not available.

For this, one will need to learn about Herbal Medicine. Ephedrine is a natural source - I personally do NOT know what plant this comes from. There are other natural medicines for allergies/colds/sinus problems too - menthol things, Eucalyptus, etc.

So my point here is - this is another thing people will need for survival. If you've got as bad as 'airborne' allergies as me - you cannot function without Pseudo Ephedrine, Benadryl, and various other meds. One will need to find a way to make / grow these similar substances naturally.

"Hayfever" is an automatic disqualifier for the US military. It is a serious condition that can render one useless. If you have it bad - it is almost impossible to even function without medication.

So this is yet another thing people need to consider for survival. If and when meds are not available.

I would also like to see more research done on the link between allergies and menstrual periods. There is some link - no one is quite sure what or why - more research is definitely needed. Med and Bio students take note - might be a good research idea for you

And of course allergies affect men too, and all ages and races too.

What will you do without your meds?

Even goes to your shelter and clothing - worse comes to worse I suppose you'd have to put some sort of mask over your face and somehow keep pollinated air out of your dwelling.

- Just another thing to worry about
I gotta go take my Benadryl now......

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That really depends on the person.
If a little girl gets her period at 9, would she be able to use it?

I have been having sex for 4 years and still can't stand to use a tampon because it hurts so much, so I doubt I would be able to use one of these cups.

I think it would be best to be really prepared, you only need a couple washable pads anyways, so you might as well have some of each, right? Especially if you have a daughter who hasn't reached that stage yet and so you don't know how physically small she will be when she develops a need for these things. Or if she might be like me and never be able to use them (at least, not unless I have crotchal surgery, which I doubt is an option if you need these things to survive in the wilderness should something awful happen)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

100% agree with you and people definitely have options. Isn't that a great thing?
We should all (at the very least) think about it ahead of time. It is nice to try different options before hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know, they have washable re-useable pads for sale on etsy too.
It doesn't even have to be a difficult thing to get, and you don't have to make them yourself, if you're not very good at crafting things yourself.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'll pass this on for my Daughter to read later ....thankyou S+F

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hope this information doesn't get buried due to the size of this topic but I didn't want to offend those individuals who couldn't be mature discussing women's health.

There are natural remedies for cramping and menopause available in your nearest greenland.

Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps

Health Benefits of Mint

Herbal Remedy: Mint

Red Clover - For Menopause Changes

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Women have managed for thousands of years, heck, a century ago even, to go without any female hygienic products. You can do it too!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Obviously you didn't read the entire post or you'd already know that this information is not for me. Years ago mothers passed this information to their daughters. With the advent of modern products the old information has been lost. This post is simply trying to resurrect the old ways.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thank you for posting and opening this dialogue.
I had not considered the problem of animal tracking, and it could be a problem... or an interesting hunting technique.
Either way, it is better to have considered it beforehand.

Perhaps menstruation will be considered a survival issue after the shtf.
Until then, and after, we will be dealing with the awkwardness and rudeness of some of the male gender.

Much appreciation to the men who are not afraid to discuss a "female problem."

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
This is one more reason to belive we were indeed put on this earth and did not evolve from some chimp like we are tought, Lloyd Pye is right

What have you got against chimps?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join