It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Clown Posse Admits to being Evangelical Christians After 21 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

You can keep using random Bible Verses and I will use the Verses that prove Jesus is not the Messiah.
A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Jesus didn't do any of this at all. So he failed sorry to be rude, But he did not do the deed.
Truth

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I've actually seen those links before because you had posted those in another thread. Trust me, I've often thought about the whole "why do jews deny Christ" thing before. I won't call that a huge question for me because I had some other internal questions that I struggled with instead. I would like to ask you, since you are an atheist, why do you use other religious beliefs to prove other ones wrong? I mean its all hocus pocus to you, right? So isn't that like trying to use the idea of Leprechauns to disprove Santa Claus? Just wondering.

ETA, since you asked. I believe those sites to have Jewish slants on them, meaning, they are biased. It is hard for me to follow something that carries labels, I at least approach these things with common human cynicism.

edit on 10/10/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Intelearthling

As an Atheist I'm offended by your negative and hateful comment.
You need to understand what Atheism is and what Atheist believe in life then being rude about it.

If you were offended by my post, which I had no intention of being negative, hateful or offensive, then your claim to be an atheist is false. Atheists don't believe in (a)God therefore they don't believe in a soul. If you're really an atheist, you would practice your belief by being soulless.

Since you were offended, you undoubtedly have a soul. Are you an atheist because you think it's cool? Please point out the negative and hateful parts of my post.

Oh. Wait. You can't find any because none exists. It seems to me that the people who get offended most are the gays and atheists. Maybe it's something to do with Darwins theory of evolution. Gays don't like women and atheists have thin skins. The problem with atheists is that they haven't been given an order to spread their beliefs. They just do it to cause friction while Christians have been given the order to spread Christs Gospel by Jesus Himself.

Besides, the thread is about some clowns who are claiming to be Christians. If ICP were to claim to be atheists, would you challenge it? I would because it's obvious they believe in the deble, er, uh I mean devil.

Whoops! You don't believe in the devil neither. My bad.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You're a hateful and rude person. Is this what you're religion teaches you to behave.
Seems like you'll be in a marching line with a gun killing people.
Some Advantages of Atheist
Even more things Atheist don't do!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

By the way! Can you prove there is a soul?
I bet you can't define what a soul is and prove that there is a soul.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

do you believe I heard an audible invisible voice say He was Jesus who died for my sins and if I believed in Him I would never perish before reading anything?

Did we receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what we hear?

For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.

edit on 10-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Sorry! Jesus is not the Messiah and not God.
He never fulfilled the requirements to be the Messiah and God can never be human.
God

One of the primary expressions of Jewish faith, recited twice daily in prayer, is the Shema, which begins "Hear, Israel: The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd is one." This simple statement encompasses several different ideas: 1. There is only one G-d. No other being participated in the work of creation. 2. G-d is a unity. He is a single, whole, complete indivisible entity. He cannot be divided into parts or described by attributes. Any attempt to ascribe attributes to G-d is merely man's imperfect attempt to understand the infinite. 3. G-d is the only being to whom we should offer praise. The Shema can also be translated as "The L-rd is our G-d, The L-rd alone," meaning that no other is our G-d, and we should not pray to any other.

Although many places in scripture and Talmud speak of various parts of G-d's body (the Hand of G-d, G-d's wings, etc.) or speak of G-d in anthropomorphic terms (G-d walking in the garden of Eden, G-d laying tefillin, etc.), Judaism firmly maintains that G-d has no body. Any reference to G-d's body is simply a figure of speech, a means of making G-d's actions more comprehensible to beings living in a material world. Much of Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed is devoted to explaining each of these anthropomorphic references and proving that they should be understood figuratively. We are forbidden to represent G-d in a physical form. That is considered idolatry. The sin of the Golden Calf incident was not that the people chose another deity, but that they tried to represent G-d in a physical form.

I don't need a Jesus to have my sins forgiven!
Blood Sacrafice

Christian apologists will argue that Jesus was unblemished of sin. To be frank, this dogma genuinely frightens me. This is the logic that pagan societies used in offering up their children in human sacrifices -- they reasoned that their children were sinless.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

well there's YOUR answer then, adios
edit on 10-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Hey! You see the truth now! Jesus is not God and he can never be the Messiah. I knew you'll see the truth. Soon Jews will return to Jerusalem and the True Messiah will come!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt the pointless and childish bickering, I was just wondering if this thread was still going to be about ICP or maybe the thread title should be changed?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

What is ICP?
Is that a new pop group?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What is ICP?
Is that a new pop group?

ICP = Insane Clown Posse.. The band which this thread was originally supposed to be about.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It can be now. I think the Insane Clown Possy are one of two things.

Liars, or trying to get cd's to sell.

I honestly didn't think there were any people who listened to them anymore.

I have only known one person in my life who thought they were good. That was in 8th grade, and I gave him the business for listening to non music.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

By the way! Can you prove there is a soul?
I bet you can't define what a soul is and prove that there is a soul.

Why is it that you must have proof of something to be able to believe it. Medical studies have shown that a brain gives of waves and we have a temperature of 98.6 F. The heat that's within us is a form of energy. Energy can't be created or destroyed. The waves that our brains emit are forms of energy that has intelligence linked to it. These waves, like light, gone one forever and ever.

There was some dude that proved indirectly in the existence of the soul. Some messy-haired dude. The e = mc^2 dude. You know. Yahoo Serious. No. Wait a minute. That's not him. Yahoo just played the young version of him in the outybacks of Australia. Well, you know who I'm talking about. The guy that fled Nazi Germany and wrote a letter to President Roosevelt to encourage him to build the atomic bomb. The Theory of Relativity dude.

Anyhow, he proved that energy couldn't be created or destroyed and matter and energy are really the same thing. The bottom line here that the human soul is a form of intelligent energy that can't be destroyed.

Likewise, prove to me there isn't a soul. Uh oh, My bad again. Since you're an atheist, there isn't a definition for soul.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Don't play their games.

His axe is well grind-ed already.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

I honestly didn't think there were any people who listened to them anymore.

I have never really listened to their music, but that is just me. My buddy listens to their music and I have witnessed that when he is wearing an ICP shirt, he can go into any bar and get a drink for free without even asking. There is a rather large juggalo base here.

As for the tactics.. *shrug* I will go for deceptive practices for 100, please. Either they were trying to draw in fans to convert or they are playing a game to drive up sales or make themselves relevant. I've seen it done before by musicians.

It is rather stunning to see anyone be so much of a fan that they can allow themselves to be disappointed when the band has a differant point of view than they expected.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I've been a fan of someone and been disappointed in their actions/ beliefs. But that was an athlete, more specific Brett Favre, what with his "retirements" and more recently, pending sex scandal. But that is off topic.

Point being...I can understand being disappointed. But good music is good music..even if the rest of the world thinks its crap.

And I feel sorry for you that you live in a juggalo portion of the country.

I like music others think is tasteless, so that isn't my objection to ICP, I think we need music that is vulgar, obscene and makes "the man" mad. Tt's that I really think they do it done poorly.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't really care what they are, I loves me some ICP...

It's all about the music.

You don't get Steve Jones to play guitar on your track unless you rock.

-TheAssoc.
edit on 10-10-2010 by TheAssociate because: Different video.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have played ICP for many years. There lyrics have always been about god. I loved when the Wrath dropped and they came out with it. Yes they may have lost some fans. But there are in my regular play list everyday. Yes some is just sex and some just off the wall. But the message is be a good person and you will find the truth. They do not preach one religion. Just a belief one of there lyrics "If I don't eat meat on Tuesday how much bigger will my wings be" They are just saying be a good person. To get back on topic.
Crash

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They're insane, and they're clowns. Of course they're evangelicals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join