It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Clown Posse Admits to being Evangelical Christians After 21 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Insane Clown Posse Admits to being Evangelical Christians After 21 Years

thenewsoftoday.com

After 21 years of singing songs with lyrics that talk about drugs, and crime among other things, the band has come out and admitted that they are Evangelical Christians and have been all along. The idea apparently is to bait their fans into listening to their music and then tell them that God is the way to go.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If they truly are Christian and this is not a marketing ploy, they are spiritual infants. That is not an insult, just an observation, since they seem to contradict biblical Christian teachings. Now the next question is, are they born again Christians, or are they just professing a belief in a creator?

thenewsoftoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-10-2010 by againuntodust because: removed a word

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I had heard about this before and I think its silly that fans are upset. Do you like the music truly? Or do you think your hot **** because of their imagery? I listen to Morbid Angel. I don't worship Satan, thats absurd. I like Eyehategod..but I'm no nihilist. Do people really enjoy music anymore or does it have to be inline with their beliefs. This is so stupid
edit on 10/10/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: one too many sillys

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm speechless.

I own 90% of the Joker Card's and endless amounts of EP. Honestly, I feel lied to and cheated. Mainly because I am an atheist and reject manipulating individuals into accepting faith.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Is it their deceitfulness or their message? Because if you don't like bands where they believe in God you may very well be cheated by lots of bands you listen to

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

You're right, lots of bands probably believe in God.

James 2-19: Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I'm speechless.

I own 90% of the Joker Card's and endless amounts of EP. Honestly, I feel lied to and cheated. Mainly because I am an atheist and reject manipulating individuals into accepting faith.

Must not be too big of a fan.

This was disclosed on their last CD "The Wraith" released in 2002. 8 years ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It is deceitful but like most ICP fans, I spent years indulging into song meanings and references to the number 17, butterfly and what the Dark Carnival was about. In their song "Thy Message", Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope confess that fans were tricked and hoped we would find God.

That pissed me off.

For the record, I even listen to Christian screamo bands. At least they're open about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'm speechless.

Heh, c'mon. You find connection with the concept of infinity, but you're an athiest? chuckle. Thanks.

The Universe (which is consciousness) is advising you to get a better taste in music. :p

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thats why you have to be careful who you follow, or identify with. People do and always have done 180s. Be true to yourself so you don't have the rug pulled out from you when you're not looking.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If you've ever listened to and comprehended their lyrics, this should be no surprise..
Most of their songs are about what happens to evil people in the afterlife and on the judgment day... That's where by far most of the wicked imagery in their music comes from.
So how exactly does this come as a shock to anyone?
Also as said above, didn't they also say this in 2002?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Something tells me that the insane clown possy are probably 'evangelical christians' in the same sense that ted haggard is.

The outside of the religion is a ploy to draw christians in. The real belief system is gnosticism. And its this, that the insane clown posse most likely identifies with (given their dramatically contradictive appearance, music, themes sung about). This follows the axiom of separation between body and soul. Body relinquished to the world, and soul somewhere else..

An extremely evil philosophy that is also extremely popular.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Seems obvious to me.

"and I don't want to talk to a scientist, ya'll m----s lieing and getting me p----d"

Sound's like an angry conspiracy theorist to me.

What this song is telling atheist who followed them is that
if the majority of ones philosophical decisions about life come from Audio & Video
to the exclusion of books, then one is open to purely emotional influence.
Where was your atheism then? Up on the pedestal with the statue of liberty bound up in copper on a tablet that no one reads?

Don't be mad. Be glad we weren't feeding you to the meat grinder like the Military Industrial Complex. Hey, Like I've said before. Public awareness that there really is something going on happened once back in the 70's too. There are a lot of us scrubbies who can make TV better than anything you ever saw.

edit on 10-10-2010 by davidgrouchy because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

God I hate clowns...

I know a woman who was an ICP groupie for a few years, around '99 - '02 or '03. And, from what I know of them as told to me by her, these guys definitely fit the "evangelical" label... At least in the sense listed here.

Then again, when you create a body of "work" based upon pseudo religious "prophecy" and "BS" it doesn't take long before you paint yourself into a corner that is very difficult to get back out of. Saying "It's all been an allegory for God" is a whole lot less painful than saying "Yeah, no, you're right... we're really just full of BS."

Wrasslin' and rappin' for Jesus....

Did I mention I hate clowns?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wait what? This is how their using their faith to promote it? Come on down?
Even I feel dirty after reading this.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It is deceitful....That pissed me off.
You're confusing me here. Since when did atheists start having morals? Morals = some sort of faith.

You should be jumping for joy that a so-called "Christian" band members are out to spread deception.

ICP are evangelists!
The next thing will be that gays will say that they weren't really gay. They just pretended to be gay to attract women.

I've listened to ICP and to me all of their songs sound alike. About like listening to Nickel Back. IMAO, ICP sucks! They're nothing but a bunch of no-talented freaks.

edit on 10/10/10 by Intelearthling because: Add

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes (to the member above) I was aware of it 8 years ago but ICP fans were under the impression that ICP were never going to become "that open" about it. It was suggested it was going to remain a private matter due to the bad reaction from the fan base.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

As an Atheist I'm offended by your negative and hateful comment.
You need to understand what Atheism is and what Atheist believe in life then being rude about it.
Atheist are people too
What we believe

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've never heard of anything new in any song from any band that I have ever heard that has'nt already been mentioned in the scriptures no matter how horrific, terrible, bad, demonic, satanic or luciferic whoever may think it is or sounds like

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. He who has ears, let him hear.

"To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
" 'We played the flute for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge
and you did not mourn.' For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and "sinners." '

edit on 10-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes (to the member above) I was aware of it 8 years ago but ICP fans were under the impression that ICP were never going to become "that open" about it. It was suggested it was going to remain a private matter due to the bad reaction from the fan base.

If they're cliaming to be "Christians" then the fans will be glad to know that it's all a lie. They said it was all about their fan base.

Real Christians don't act anywhere like these "clowns" do.

Lucifer was once the most beautiful of all the angels in Heaven. He also led the angels in singing praises to God which means he was synonomous to a band director, choir director, symphony conductor or what have you. He is also ruler of the 'air."

Here's what I mean about what I just said. He is a "master" at writing songs and the songs that he influences humans to write will only lead people to him. Nowhere else but him. His songs are all over the radio.

Lucifers' purpose is to decieve mankind and through groups like ICP, he's doing a swell job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join