It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel sometimes that you belong somewhere else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It is a bit difficult to describe what I excactly mean but I will try to explain myself.

It is often the impression my senses receive that give me a feel of deja vú. It is as if a memory from an other lifetime is triggered. This is a very weird experiance and does last only for about 30 seconds or so. It can be how the sunlight is enetring my eyes, a smell or just the surroundings I see.

It is a feel of nostalgia, recognition, but I can not put my finger on it. It is very strong 'emotion' and gives me the feel that I do not belong at where I am.....no,....I should say, ....the feel that I once belonged somewhere else and felt happy there.

Most of the time these impressions reverence to a place in the United States....Me myself am dutch and always lived in The Netherlands and never visited the US, so it is a bit weird. I also have the urge to go there sometime and have the expectation to feel at home once arrived at the place of desitination.......where ever that may be....

Any of you guys have such an experiance?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is perhaps not what you meant, but...

I do get the feeling that circumstances should be different. This is not to say that I think I should be rich or have a nicer home (although both would be nice).

It is a shadow upon my soul, a feeling that this is not what should be. There is no GOD in my world so it is not a matter of faith. Instead it is as you said, a feeling of being out of place; that this world and everything in it is wrong.

There is also the feeling that change is coming. What that change might be I am uncertain, but I feel this will not last much longer. Although I don't mean to imply that I have pinned my hopes on a mythical date (ie 2012) it is because of this shadow that I seek out information on such things.

I truely believe that we are currently living in momentous times, there are changes coming that are beyond anyone's control and the implications will forever alter what life encompasses.

edit on 10-10-2010 by [davinci] because: grammer

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
It is a bit difficult to describe what I excactly mean but I will try to explain myself.

It is often the impression my senses receive that give me a feel of deja vú. It is as if a memory from an other lifetime is triggered. This is a very weird experiance and does last only for about 30 seconds or so. It can be how the sunlight is enetring my eyes, a smell or just the surroundings I see.

It is a feel of nostalgia, recognition, but I can not put my finger on it. It is very strong 'emotion' and gives me the feel that I do not belong at where I am.....no,....I should say, ....the feel that I once belonged somewhere else and felt happy there.

Most of the time these impressions reverence to a place in the United States....Me myself am dutch and always lived in The Netherlands and never visited the US, so it is a bit weird. I also have the urge to go there sometime and have the expectation to feel at home once arrived at the place of desitination.......where ever that may be....

Any of you guys have such an experiance?

Sehnsucht? A German word completely describes it. Sure, I have my Sehnsucht. Strangely, is Germany...LOL It is so powerful that I am taking German lessons and intending to master the language. I don't care either through myself or with others. I live in America, BTW.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I discussed this before once... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
This is perhaps not what you meant, but...

I do get the feeling that circumstances should be different. This is not to say that I think I should be rich or have a nicer home (although both would be nice).

It is a shadow upon my soul, a feeling that this is not what should be. There is no GOD in my world so it is not a matter of faith. Instead it is as you said, a feeling of being out of place; that this world and everything in it is wrong.

There is also the feeling that change is coming. What that change might be I am uncertain, but I feel this will not last much longer. Although I don't mean to imply that I have pinned my hopes on a mythical date (ie 2012) it is because of this shadow that I seek out information on such things.

I truely believe that we are currently living in momentous times, there are changes coming that are beyond anyone's control and the implications will forever alter what life encompasses.

edit on 10-10-2010 by [davinci] because: grammer

I think the OP meant to have a longing feeling to belong to a place that you have never visited. Yet, the thoughts of this place or the thoughts of living there gives you a sense of comfort or familiarities. Not to say he does not like where he or she lives but he or she could have a more fulfilling live if living in this place. Assuming his mysterious place, in this case America, can live up to the person's expectation.
That's a tough one I think.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Yes, you are on the money...that what Imean. All the other 'experiances' that people have with not feeling 'in sync' with whatever situation they are in are interesting to read about. Maybe these memories are from a past life or maybe from what is coming....you'll never know how time should be understood these days.....

Thx for all the replies.....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I feel the same way about Ireland. The culture and music, the pictures of it all resonate deeply with me, like nowhere else can. I've even spent the last 4 years learning to play Irish music on various instruments.
I sometimes wonder if I lived there in a past life.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I've always felt the same way about Spain. Always had a feeling that I must go there, without any understanding or explanations. When I finally got there, found myself walking on the streets of Madrid and having a strong feeling as if I've been here before. Many streets and buildings looked so "familiar", it was really strange. Among seven other cities I've visited in Spain, Madrid- was extremely special place for me somehow.
Few years after visiting Spain, I've had my past life reading done by one spiritual guru. He told me that in one of my previous life time's I lived in Spain.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Sehnsucht - very well described. Reminds me of this song.
The Longing
My eyes are open – but I’m not looking outward.
I turn inside – I turn to my inner light.
Will my inner light shine, what will I find inside?
What’s gone thru me?

The Longing, the Longing.
I’m like a blind man searching for sight.
Because he’s not searching for another.
We see each other.

Some ask – how does time pass?
How time passes…how time passes
I ask – how did time begin?
How time begins….how time begins
In which I live eternally
with this certain longing.
That comes and goes, comes and goes.

I so miss the longing.

new topics

top topics