It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"""REAL"""" AMERICANS ..VS.. The ACLU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What is WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

First they take the california crucifix off the Flag and not KNOW what ot replace it with just as long as it's gone.

Then they want a school in North Dakota ( I think) To practice the QUR'AN,

then they demand a Church in Birmingham Michigan take down the manger which symbolizes Jesus' birth at CHRISTMAS.

Then they decide to stroll in two town swinging their anti christian gun demanding people take down anything christian because we need a fair balance of muslim religion and christianity??

Excuse me but the muslim religion in the us is a minority religion just like the mormons, just like the anglicans, ect.. Why muslim??

Anybody else have any info about these aholes?

Yes I sound angry because I am... These people piss me off.
*pie in their faces*

Anti American, thats what they are.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
see thats what liberals do. # YOU ACLU!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
see thats what liberals do. # YOU ACLU!

The ACLU is a bunch of whiney ass losers that are getting back at America for somehow doing them wrong, discuising themselves as a proctector of American civil liberties... BS!!!

These guys are totally ANTI AMERICAN, and agree with any other person/religion/organization that has nothing to do with American Values, and then they sue you!!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Amen. In my opinon, everyone in the ACLU was probably bullied or harrassed in some way during their childhood. They're a bunch of whiney punks trying to make up for something that happened to them in their lives.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
i need a bumper sticker that says # YOU ACLU i think that would get my view across

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
KI, it's not the liberals, it's the ACLU. They are like a liberal as a balck man is like a KKK member. They aren't liberals, they are just whiney little b*tches who don't like anything other than pissing people off. If they can find a way to piss someone off, they do it! ACLU only represent themselves and no one else.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I love them. And I'd happily tell you why and explain the concept, but it's so much more fun to see how they yank people's chains.

I encourage you start a petition to have them banned. Outlawed. Hung in the public square.

And then when they defend you in your terrorism trial, they'll just get more donations from those of us that "get it".

[Edited on 25-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I love them.

You would.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I love them.

You would.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the ACUL will defend the KKK or neo nazis if the govment come in on them, but thrn turn around and sue the said groups if they look at a minority the wrong way. i say get rid of them.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I love them too! America would be a much scarier place without them.

the ACUL will defend the KKK or neo nazis if the govment come in on them,

The KKK and neo nazis may be evil, but they deserve to be treated in accordance to law and their rights protected, just like everybody else.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by curme]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
TrueLies aren't you a Libertarian?

Do a google search on joint ACLU Libertarian efforts.

Once most Libertarians ween themselves from the pure spun pablum of the far right's definition of what the ACLU is and does, and makes the effort to see what they really do...

ACLU.org
Issues menu
Criminal Justice
Death Penalty
Disability Rights
Drug Policy
Free Speech
HIV/AIDS
Immigrants Rights
Int'l Civil Liberties
Lesbian & Gay Rights
National Security
Prisons
Privacy & Technology
Racial Equality
Religious Liberty
Reproductive Rights
Rights of the Poor
Student Rights
Voting Rights
Women's Rights

...they tend to get on board.

No one agrees with every stand the ACLU takes to defend the undefendable. But you only hear about the worst of the worst from those that REALLY only want to silence the real thrust of their efforts in things like protecting a woman's right to choose and DECRIMINALIZATION OF DRUGS.

As for defending whack jobs, they do that to when the underlying policy is what's at stake. I've never been more proud of my involvement in the ACLU than when they defended RUSH LIMBAUGH's right to medical information privacy.

If they didn't defend the nuts as well as the popular, they wouldn't stand for anything American IMO. It would just be another political lobbying entity pushing an agenda. Which you may well think they do. But I assure you the Jewish lawyers that defend Klansmen aren't thrilled about it. But it's the American way. The opposition is well funded too. So don't you worry 'bout them. They win most of the time anyway.

But it's a free country and you can hate them all you want. I and the ACLU would defend your right to do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I HATE a good portion of what the ACLU does, but I don't want to get rid of them.

I just wish they would get back to their roots a bit more. They do good things too in my opinion.

What's the real problem here. Are there not bosco ACLU groups out there doing the opposite of them? Thought this was a free country.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
ACLU is a group that wastes its time going after generally good people for the most part...I hate any group that cries race or discrimination at every corner...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The ACLU is a hypocritical terrorist orginization.

Its okay to have Islam in schools, but not anything that pretains to Jews or Catholics. They want to wipe out Catholicsm and Judaism in our lives. If you do not want to look at a cross don;t lookk. Oversenseitivie pinheads like them, are what destroy nations and societies.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow, a whole thread from people who think the ACLU is a terrorist whiney pissant group.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were all jackasses who think they are bad because they hear someone say so somewhere.

But I know y'all ain't like that. So let's try it again.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No thats just me with my far right-wing thinking there, Jethro. But getting off the pissed off conservative thing here, I can say that the ACLU is hypocritical. They want to uphold the 1st Amendment yet they censor groups they do not like, ie the Jews and Christians.

For them to be fair its either A. No one gets religion in public view, schools etc or B. We all get the chance to show our religion in public. No one siding, its either we all get it or we all don't.

EDIT- I think we should also keep of the profanity, even though I would love a bumper sticker like that.

[Edited on 6-26-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
They want to uphold the 1st Amendment yet they censor groups they do not like, ie the Jews and Christians.
[Edited on 6-26-2004 by JediMaster]

Don't get me wrong, I am not a big lover of the ACLU myself, but I think they do do good things.

I've also seen the trend of Christian battling with the ACLU, but the majority will always be taking the hits from the minority (which is who the ACLU targets to defend more often than not).

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Prejudice against Christianity and Christians is one of the last accepted forms, imho. And the ACLU commits that prejudice all the time.

They're a bunch of hypocrites. I'm sure they do some good, and there are some of them who aren't as bad as the rest, but for the most part they're ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Geez, what happened to ATS? I still have yet to see one stinking example.

What is this, warm and fuzzy central?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join