It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight the good fight guy's we have your back! Online Freedom!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A certain something is happening right now involving copyright.

I encourage all ATS members to know what is happening and how ATS is getting harrased.

I suspect this article is wrong and I hope my beloved ATS would not settle

Fight the good fight guys!!!

Link

When replying to this thread I encourage all members to due their due diligence not to link anything that is currently being investigated or mention names (This thread will be closed if you do!). I have linked a third party site. Therefor not linking directly to on ongoing investigation. I think we all have enough investigative instinct to go from there.

-Kdial1

edit on 10-10-2010 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
For help if any forum board members are impacted:

Link 1

Link 2

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
what I would like to see is a post from the owners concerning this thread, however with the gag order I doubt we get one.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Woot!! Go democratic underground!!!

Link

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

Yeah they better not delete this thread, there is no copyright material or quoting here, no reason to close this thread unless some poster post's something idiotic in which I hope the mods just delete the post.

The gag probably says they cannot talk about the case. Which is alright cause we can find info online and link away. I know there is no copyright laws for linking is there? If so that means internet censorship correct or they need to charge for the material?

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I had never heard of this www.eff.org

I am very impressed, this company represents the little man.... Free Speech and Internet freedom.

...defend free speech, stand up for privacy, fight for government transparency, support consumer rights, and protect your right to innovation in the digital world....
www.eff.org...

If I had some money to donate I would, these guys are legit!

If these guys got money bombs from all the users of these small sites. Sites like ATS and others could put these trolls out of business!

Screw money bombs for politicians you all know goes into kickbacks.... Do something right, do something for the people, do something for your rights! Help out Real free speech on the web!!!!

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It was probably easier to just settle the matter like someone on GLP said than to have to deal with the court costs involved.

Dirty Tactics from *Snip* LLC

I would defintately consider this a trolling predatory tactic in which a counter lawsuit would most definitely win. I mean look they encourage you to share the links at every major news website. They have a Share option that gives you the option to email it to friends... Is that not encouraging sharing info? Scam artists!! Don't fall for it ATS

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Who in their right mind would ever want to copy/paste content from the Las Vegas Review Journal? Best to let them proceed with making themselves irrelevant. Newspapers are failing and the Las Vegas Review Journal is top of the list. This is the drowning man using internet copyright laws (which are as confusing, ambiguous and full of loopholes as tax law) to extort money from unsuspecting victims.

On the other hand, those sites that have paid advertisers and copy/paste stories that another site has paid to publish without any skin in the game except more traffic and therefore more advertisers because of someone else's due diligence and expenditure - they should pay. I don't think ATS is a charitable institution - I think they are in it for the money.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Our legal team and their legal team have come to an agreement. We're satisfied with the outcome, but cannot say more.

(thread closed)

new topics

top topics

join