It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein's daugher Raghad planning to run for President of Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Intersesting article from nein

john

25 June 3004 - Is Saddam Hussein's daugher Raghad planning to run for President of Iraq?

According to an Arabic language article published in Al-Manar this week, Raghad Hussein is ignoring the demands of her host, the Jordanian government, and is planning to seek the presidency of Iraq in the upcoming elections.

Iraqi sources residing in Amman said that Saddam Husayn's oldest daughter, Raghad, has informed visitors about her intention to begin political activities and contacts inside Iraq during the next few days in order to inform them about her plans to run for the Iraq presidency as soon as a fair and free election is held in Iraq under UN supervision at the end of next year.

The sources said Saddam's 37 year old daughter Raghad affirmed that she plans to meet with the ambassadors to Jordan of the five permanent UNSC members and some Arab countries to inform them of her intention to run for the presidency of Iraq, ignoring the Jordanian Government's previous warnings not to be involved in any political or media activities while residing in Jordan, which it described as harmful to the security and interests of Jordan.

A Jordanian weekly newspaper reported earlier that Raghad intends to leave Jordan, where she was hosted for humanitarian reasons a year ago, and return to her country to prepare for her participation in the presidential elections. News reports point out that Raghad, who moved to a fancy house in the affluent district of Abduon in the west of the Jordanian Capital Amman, tells her visitors that she will be the Benazir Bhutto of Iraq, as the Iraqi people still like her father and will elect her if she takes part in the coming elections.

Rumors circulating in Amman for the last two days have attributed the large number of Iraqis trying to join the Iraqi Army and the other security organs as due to direct orders by high ranking officers and commanders of the former Republican Guard, who are still in hiding, to impose their control over the situation and to declare a political and military coup to bring the family of ousted Iraqi President Saddam to power again in Iraq.

Although Raghad, in an interview with an Arabic magazine, has denied that she had plastic surgery performed by a Jordanian doctor, Iraqi sources close to ousted President Saddam's daughter said that Raghad has restored her elegance and appeared with a new look, indicating that she had the operation.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
She can certain RUN for president. But if she tries to bring back her Dad's policies, she will next be RUNNING FROM a few planeloads of UK and US bombs.

www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well it doesn't surprise me a bit. Do we kknow for sure that the man in custody is the REAL Saddam? Did they do a DNA? If they didn't I could see his daughter coming into power then turning the power over to Saddam. They shouldn't let her run.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yes, one of the first factoids that emerged after Saddam's capture was that his identity was confirmed by DNA testing.

I would not have her run for office. I would use whatever means available to prevent it.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
why try and stop her she will get like 2 votes none of the iraqi people will vote for her u think they want to be oppresed all over again.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Let her run. If she goes back to Iraq she'll be assassinated within a day.

She won't though. This is all just propaganda to keep up the morale of the Sunnis who oppose the new regime.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
She is a WOMAN in Iraq. She will never win. Woman can't even show their legs in Iraq, How do you think she would win if she ran to run the country?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Let her run. If she goes back to Iraq she'll be assassinated within a day.

I agree with you, not only for being Sadam's daughter but for been a women, that does not sit well with the radical clerical muslins in the area.

Women belong in the harems not in the streets.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The only people who are going to run, and win, are the people we want. I would be more concerned about that, about the loss of a true democracy in Iraq.

I would not have her run for office. I would use whatever means available to prevent it.

Let freedom ring!

new topics

top topics

join