It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Republicans are just Slurpee sippers"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This president is the biggest crybaby and mudslinger I've ever seen. I don't think the past 4 or 5 presidents have spent as much time passing the buck and shifting blame like this guy does. He has absolutely no shame whatsoever in that respect. He fails to note that he and his idiot staff drove the car further into the ditch. The bottom line is, the reason the car is still stuck in the mud is because the republicans said, okay, we'll get out of your way and let you do it your way....How's that working out for ya?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Brilliant and well said my friend, although I would rather have an open minded democrat trying to push healthcare and abortion rights than a republican hill jack moving the American military around the globe like pawns on a chess board trying to fullfill religous prophecy.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
This president is the biggest crybaby and mudslinger I've ever seen.

Really? Pretty sure Glenn Beck along with the rest of the Republicans are the biggest crybabies since they can't get over the fact their candidate lost the election.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Regarding what Obama said: Who cares? Does it empathize with and appeal to the blue collar worker Democrat base? Sure. Who cares.

Democrats AND Republicans are the problem.

The two party system is the problem!

They're ALL the problem.

Finger-pointing at the other party, not naming specific names, trying to make us think someone else is at fault. They're all at fault. They're all, knowingly or unknowingly, working for a globalist agenda, passing unconstitutional laws that slowly erode our national sovereignty in the name of national security. The people are starting to wake up, and I hope they can see this puppet show for what it is.
edit on 11-10-2010 by againuntodust because: grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

And there ya' have it ... ya' bought into Obama's rhetoric.

Or you've bought into the republican reichs rhetoric

Big bad rich republicans sitting back and destroying what is good for this country

You got it !
But it's not just the republican reich, they're just doing more damage than the democrats.
The reality is that we need a 3rd party in this country that has....are you ready for this??? WE THE PEOPLES best interests and not just rush limboughs ! or glen becks !

A new car is needed. Get it??

nobody can afford a new car because of free trade/NAFTA, outsourcing jobs, etc...
GET IT????

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
And so when it's used with black people, it's called being racist.
Same with Obama's statement. It was class-ist and insinuated racism on the republicans.
Face it (if you can). Mr. Unity used class warfare and racist imagry in his political speeches.

So let me get this straight. Your thesis is that in making an allusion to Republicans general do-nothing but criticize approach, Obama was making a comment on class?

How so? Are rich, old white men representing corporate interests often seen as consumers of slurpies?

IS that your contention?

Or, better yet, it was a Black Liberal Elitist comment on those poor, white-trash Republicans ad their ne'er do well lazyness?

------

The Right's ability to co-opt a leftist critique and turn it on it's ear is a well-documented approach. Personally, i respect the ability to spin so well. IT's amazing how one can imply that the uber-wealthy, elite, corporate-interests of the GOP are somehow interested in defending their 'class'.
edit on 11-10-2010 by justadood because: fix quote code

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The source doesn't mention race at all. It was YOU who brought race into the deal. Why is that, I wonder? ....Who's being racist here?

TYPICAL BH response to anyone exposing Obama for being the racist that he clearly is.

Infer that I'm the racist when in fact it is Obama. Yep .. typical. :shk:

Oh .. side note ... being a white woman dating who dated a black man doesn't mean you were 'involved in race relations'. I don't know how you supposedly got involved in 'race relations' sitting on your mountaintop in the middle of nowhere New Mexico ... but if you actually did .. great. But it's not the subject of this thread.

Mr. Unity's remarks that he can't get anything done because Republicans are just a bunch of slurpee sippers while he's doing all the work is the subject. The fact that he blames the republicans, and the language he uses, instead of looking at the fact that his party has the majority and he should be able to breeeeeeeze everything through. He's passing the blame. He's painting psychological pictures using class warfare. It's just that simple.

Obama uses subliminal (and outright) imagry all the time. He's a politician. They ALL do. He has used anti-white racist language on a few occasions (grandmother typical white person, etc) and even put it in his books. (That's how white folks will do you ... etc). And then there was the blame-the-rich-white-guy cult he was a member of in Chicago for 20 years. He's perfectly capable of racism and has displayed it more than once. And no, I'm not the first person to think that "MR. UNITY" was trying to paint pictures of the stereotypical lazy rich republican white dude fanning himself while he watches the black (and black friendly democrats) working to fix things. That bird don't fly.

IF that is truly the case, then why bring up slurpees at all, when you could've just brought up any of those things in that very post? That makes no sense whatsoever. What, were you hoping that this imaginary stereotype of slurpee sucking catches on?
edit on 11-10-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Originally posted by General.Lee
This president is the biggest crybaby and mudslinger I've ever seen.

Really? Pretty sure Glenn Beck along with the rest of the Republicans are the biggest crybabies since they can't get over the fact their candidate lost the election.

When obama won, I'm sure beck, limbough, hannity and fox news all collectively roled their eyes because, "one of them" got elected.
I constantly hear racist comments from all of them but limbough seems to be the worst for racist comments and outright lying, fear mongering, etc... His panties must have been in a giant bunch because "one of them" is now the most powerful person on the planet !

In short, I completely agree with your statement. I've never heard so many crybabies p!ssing and moaning....awww poor republicans have one less house boy to kick around

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I moved dirt from 1 pile to the 2nd pile for 18 hours !!!!

But what did I really accomplish ?

That should be the question on America's mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join