It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Republicans are just Slurpee sippers"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

1 - What if a Republican had said that Obama was too busy drinking koolaid and eating watermelon to get the job done? If 'drinking koolaid and eating watermelon' have race/class implications, then so does his continual use of 'drinking a slurpee and fanning themselves'. Lazy white folks .... drinking cool drinks ... Obama is sweating and working away. Subtle (or not) ... definately there. Subliminal. (or obvious).

LOL...you are joking...right?

How desperate are you...I can't even call this reaching...because reaching implies that you have a tiny connection to be made...but here

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

dude, what roadblocks? what have republicans stopped from 'getting done' that is going to magically fix the situation we are in?

what has obama proposed that has failed because of republican opposition that would have fixed the situation we're in?

he's either got what he wants or his own party has tanked it. the guy is running thin on people to blame. its sad. maybe he needs therapy.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Make no mistake this is an intentional effort to invoke the imagery of the privileged white upper-class in contrast to the hard working oppressed normal folk

LOL...oh come on...have I fallen into some intelligence sink hole?

Slurpee = priviledged white upper-class????

I'm guessing more middle class/lower class people drink slurpees than rich people do.

This thread proves one thing and one thing only...irrational hate makes people abandon logic.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have dubbed threads like these black hole threads, the sheer volume of ignorance in these threads is so massive, that no logic can penetrate or escape them.

Bigoted the quote might be, labeling all republicans as lazy obstructionists kinda plows everyone together. While many many republicans are just being obstructionists and have purposely tried to block anything that would get this economy moving again, some may not be doing that.

But since this is a black hole thread and any logic and rational dialog will of course be swallowed whole never to be seen again, it's a useless thing to point out.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

well heres some logic for you the left and democrats are the majority and have been the majority since 2006

if you people cant get your crap together well what do you do? the same thing you always do blame others for your own incompetence..................

nice try please try agian later please.............MAJORITY RULES BUT NO WAIT WE CANT GET NOTHING DONE SO YOU TRY TO CHANGE THE RULES
edit on 10-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

if you people cant get your crap together well what do you do? the same thing you always do blame others for your own incompetence..................

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

which point exactly are you referring to? geez your all over the place in these threads.......

".I have dubbed threads like these black hole threads, the sheer volume of ignorance in these threads is so massive, that no logic can penetrate or escape them. "

like any viewpoint other than your own can penetrate your world view?

"Bigoted the quote might be, labeling all republicans as lazy obstructionists kinda plows everyone together. While many many republicans are just being obstructionists and have purposely tried to block anything that would get this economy moving again, some may not be doing that. "

this point of bigots when you are guilty of doing the same things?

"But since this is a black hole thread and any logic and rational dialog will of course be swallowed whole never to be seen again,"

or this point where people swallow your ever word and never think twice about it? akin to the blackhole of mob mentality

so..................

please enlighten this ats poster as to what point.........

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I will have to quote Barney Frank for this:

"Trying to have a conversation with you would be like arguing with a dining room table."

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2010 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Its kinda entertaining to watch the cool cat Barack Hussein sweating bullets. I bet Bush was just too dumb to blame his problems on the Democrats. The blame game doesn't make him benevolent or a good leader, in fact its rather unproductive (just look at most of the flame wars on these boards).

I voted for Barack Hussein thinking he would change things for better or worse, too bad he choose the latter.

Its weird how brain washed some people are that no matter what he does he's true and right. Not that every thing he does is wrong either. I was always willing to discuss Bush's short comings but to mention anything but admiration for Barack in front of any Democrat is like tying a steak around ones neck in a room full of starved pitbulls. I've learned to bite my tongue around most people in my community.

"Hey I think this guy Ron Paul has a good idea! Audit the Feds, Fiscal responsibility, return to a less corrupt America!" both parties glare back and dismiss anything said or attack!
"This is blasphemy! THIS IS MADNESS!!! Madness huh? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!"

Though at least I was employed during the Bush regime!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by jfj123

dude, what roadblocks? what have republicans stopped from 'getting done' that is going to magically fix the situation we are in?

I never said anything would "magically" fix anything but:
Healthcare as example. Do you believe that all Americans should be able to get healthcare?
Or the first responders bill.
Or any other bill democrats are trying to get passed.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't think it has racial implications. I think its all in the expressions. Just look at George W's eyes. He looks like he's battling brain freeze... constantly.

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
You guys missed the president's whole point. Substitute lemonade or mint julep for Slurpee and you've got your proverbial black man toiling away in the fields while his white masters sit by & say he's not working fast enough, too slow, etc.

EXACTLY.

And to all you obamabots who aren't capable enough to raise yourselves up out of the mud to actually post something other than - 'you are full of crap' .. 'cobwebs for brains' ... 'stupidity' .... and other childish against T&C insulting blah blah blah - get a life; open your eyes; and post something worthy of discussion otherwise go play kindergarden elsewhere. :shk:

As was beautifully said earlier .. Obama and his ilk are masters at class warfare.

His CONTINUAL (at least 20 times) use of this phrase - (paraphrase) 'Republicans are just Slurpee Sippers, sitting and fanning themselves while we poor toiling democrats do all the work' has CLASS WARFARE written all through it. He is issing imagry that effects people psychologically. He did with other images during the campaign (his fake greek temple, photos with halos around his head, continual self messianic language, etc ) and he's doing it again.

His statement is subliminal class warfare. It's very obvious.

His pathetic remarks that it's these slurpee sipping Republicans that are the reason he can't get some of his agenda done is moronic. The democrats are a majority. If Obama can't get the dems to do what he wants, then he should blame his fellow dems. The republicans aren't enough to stand in his way if he was doing something that all his fellow dems wanted.

Mr. Transparency is just playing the usual partisan politics game.
Hopey-changey enough for ya'll?

How about we all start saying that Obama is too busy eating fried chicken and drinking koolaid to actually get the job done? Or would that be off limits. Hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

:-) I didn't realize until I read through the thread that you'd posted almost the same thing. Geez, you'd think that they believe that we were all born the day Obama was elected & had absolutely no life experience or knowledge before that. I am pretty sick of being treated like I'm stupid.
Maybe they they think they can pass this off to college kids because all this happened decades before they were born & they have no clue. Great post, FF!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123The republicans are putting road block after road block to prevent democrats from getting anything done. The republicans don't care about the country at all, only their super rich handlers.

And there ya' have it ... ya' bought into Obama's rhetoric. Big bad rich republicans sitting back and destroying what is good for this country (in Obama's dreams, a marxist utopia of spread the wealth and watered down health care that people are forced to buy into). The dems are the majority. If they wanted Obama's policies to work, they'd have put it all through no matter how badly the republicans fought it.

Blame the republicans ... but the fact is (using Obama's imagry) .. the car that Obama is pushing is a gas guzzling rusty mess that is UNSUSTAINABLE. Even if he managed to push it up the hill ... it wouldn't go anywhere and would die because there isn't enough gas ($$$) in the world to keep it going. It's a heap and needs to be thrown in the dump. He has only himself to blame for owning such a pile of crap car that no one wants to help him push it because it's a waste of effort. A new car is needed. Get it??

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - What if a Republican had said that Obama was too busy drinking koolaid and eating watermelon to get the job done?

The source doesn't mention race at all. It was YOU who brought race into the deal. Why is that, I wonder? How did race, kool-aid and watermelon end up in this thread?

Who's being racist here?

Ya' wanna' tell Obama that he's too busy eating fried chicken and drinking koolaid to get things done?

Boy, you're going all the way, aren't you?

Neither should he be using (at LEAST 20 times in the past 20 big speeches) that republicans are sitting back, drinking slurpees, and fanning themselves while he does all the work. (ala stereotype - southern plantation lazy white folk).

It only has that connotation to someone who has a problem with Obama's race in the first place.

So because YOU haven't heard it, that means it isn't so?

I haven't heard it. Do you mind sharing with us this popular Slurpee-drinking white folks reference? Because when I Google "Slurpee white", I get YOUR thread right here. I do believe you are the first one to make such a connection. And it's because it was said by a black man. To you, THAT makes it a racial slur .... pee.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
Slurpees have no racial connotations at all whatsoever. To say otherwise is just downright idiotic.

1 - It isn't 'idiotic'. BTW .. read your T&C rules.
2 - It DOES have other connotations .. just as koolaid, fried chicken and watermellon do.
Ya' wanna' tell Obama that he's too busy eating fried chicken and drinking koolaid to get things done?
Didn't think so.
Neither should he be using (at LEAST 20 times in the past 20 big speeches) that republicans are sitting back, drinking slurpees, and fanning themselves while he does all the work. (ala stereotype - southern plantation lazy white folk). His insinuation isn't lost on a lot of people. But he can get away with it because the PC machine won't go after him on it. It would be racist of someone to point out Obama's racist/class remarks.
No it doesn't. It's never had any racist connotations. I'm sorry, you can't make up racial slurs. That's like me saying "Hey, that guy just mentioned I can't believe it's not butter! Everyone knows how offensive that is towards Jewish People!". Drinking Slurpees has no racial history whatsoever.
edit on 11-10-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow. I live in a world where not finding the word "slurpee" racist makes me an "obamabot"! Yup that Obama sure has the wool pulled over my eyes.

Just for the record, I am a white male, who, up until the Tea Party popped up, was considered a moderate Republican, I lives in the deep south, and I am here to say that the word "Slurpee" does not bring to mind visions of Simon LeGree whipping the field slaves whilst savoring the evil, evil goodness of a Mississippi mint julep.

I've been called "honky", "cracker", "whitey", "white boy", "ghost", "white trash" and probably a few more over my years of life. But, honestly, and bear with me here because this is important... I've never been called a slurpee sipper. Not once. Ever...

Although a banana Slurpee does sound good right now. But I don't think that my craving has anything at all to do with racism, politics, agendas, or subliminal pigeon holing.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Heretic & Difficulties, unless you are very, very young, the allegory (or metaphor) was steeped in racial connotation. Maybe it's a cultural thing, I dunno. But it wasn't a well-considered thing to say. At the very least, it was clueless to think that many people wouldn't pick up on it. The fact is, there are many vignettes- stereotypes, in any culture that unite & divide people. In a charged environment, it's a good idea- when one is public figure, to consider the impression words will create (not "can", will).

I long for the day when it is no longer "politically correct" to accuse someone of "racism/ sexism/ classism/ anti- semitism". When & if that day finally comes, we will know that we have transcended all of them. Or at least gotten real. (oh I forgot homophobic. Sorry)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join