It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese researchers to relaunch 'Bigfoot' search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Chinese researchers to relaunch 'Bigfoot' search

www.cnn.com

Wanted: Patient person. Physically fit, with basic knowledge of biology. Able to take pictures.

Job: Find Bigfoot.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80088dd95920.jpg[/atsimg]

I beleive this creature (Big ape walking like a human) is there somewhere .. and its harder to find a proof compare to Aliens & UFOs... because they are only a few remaining .. sadly

Around the Tibet it would be the best place to start an expedition
im sure the monks know something but wont tell .. for good reasons
since there are almost disapear
how many bigfoot in the world today ?? maybe 25 in totals hiding in the mountains ..
the monks did good not revealing any secret .. or it would be doomsday for the bigfoots
all of them would be dead by now .. if their secret was revealed

Rest of the CNN story :

Scientists in China's Hubei Province have announced they are looking for additional members for its special team tasked with tracking down the creature.

The Hubei Wild Man Research Association (HWMRA) is recruiting researchers internationally to join the group's search in the Shennongjia forest region, according to state-run news agency Xinhua.

Luo Baosheng, vice president of the HWMRA, told Xinhua that the organization is comprised of more than 100 scientists and explorers who have been chasing the ape-like animal for years. The last time a organized search took place was in the early 1980s, Xinhua reported Saturday.

"Most importantly, we want the team members to be devoted, as there will be a lot of hard work in the process," Luo told Xinhua. Team members are also expected to be in good physical health and preferably 25 to 40 years of age, he added.

The search for the phantom, known as the "Yeren" or "Wild Man" in China, will cost at least $1.5 million U.S. dollars, according to Wang Shancai, a member of the the group and an archaeologist with the Hubei Provincial Institute of Cultural Relics and Archaeology. The group is seeking funding from various companies and institutions, Wang said.

Chinese researchers have been searching since the 1970s. There have been more than 400 reported sightings of the half-man, half-ape in the Shennongjia area. In the past, explorers have found inconclusive evidence that researchers claimed to be proof of Bigfoot's existence, including hair, footprints, excrement and a sleeping nest, Xinhua reported.

Witnesses say the creature walks upright like a human but is much taller, and is covered in hair head-to-toe.

The search for Yeti is not restricted to China.

People in the United States have been looking for years. The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO) claims it's the oldest and largest organization with the goal of finding Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch. The organization relies heavily on eyewitness reports from residents.

According to BFRO's website, the animal began to be referred to as Bigfoot by journalists in the 1950s after a spat of sightings reported in northern California.

Big foot on Wikipedia

Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is purportedly an ape-like creature that inhabits forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid. The term "sasquatch" is an anglicized derivative of the word "Sésquac" which means "wild man" in a Salish Native American language.[2]

A majority of scientists discount the existence of Bigfoot and consider it to be a combination of folklore, misidentification, and hoax,[3] rather than a legitimate animal, in part because some estimate large numbers necessary to maintain a breeding population.[4][5] Nevertheless, Bigfoot is one of the more famous examples of a cryptid within cryptozoology and an enduring legend.

So why China is now taking this bigfoot legend seriously .. ??

spending big money on a expedition like that .. im sure they have something concret

this is a good news for cryptozoologist
i just hope they dont capture it .. and torture it with scientists and their silly test

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/10/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
By the way .. is anyone knows if the picture above from wiki has ever been debunked ??

from all the bigfoot pictures i have saw .. this is the most realistic one
i think its real ..

it look huge and tall

i would be scare to search a huge beast like that
even a big grizly bear would be scared lol
and would run aways like a scared dog
tell between the legs

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
And if they catch the Yeti,will it be imprisoned or dissected? Run Forest Run!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Because more people see it in china I guess, it's not the yeti, yeti is in the himalaya and has white fur.

This one is in Hubei Central China, in Shennongjia forest region.

Yeren, Ye Ren or Yeh Ren or Yi Ren, literally means the wild men, not the yeti.
edit on Sun, 10 Oct 10 by Jazzyguy because: addition

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
And if they catch the Yeti,will it be imprisoned or dissected? Run Forest Run!

Thats why ..i hope they will never found one

Alien or Bigfoot .. even the Lochness creature .. when humans catch something new ..
its in their modern duty to dissect it or at least study it before it die in a prison
im sure bigfoots are even more inteligent than a dolphins .. and more then certain human for sure

in cryptozoology the priority subjects are

1. Aliens and UFOs
2. Lochness monsters
3. The bigfoot

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by Ben81

Because more people see it in china I guess, it's not the yeti, yeti is in the himalaya and has white fur. I don't know what the chinese call this one though.

big foot or yeti .. are in the same category
in the mummy 3 they have the white fur yetis .. and they are awesome lol
very friendly too .. for that i would be surprise

yetis are in china and the bigfoots are near the rocky mountain in north america
in south america its the chupacabra who lives there
lol

russia is a good place to make search .. i heard many stories coming from small russian vilage
one of the stories was .. that a men had babies with one bigfoot female

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Already a thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search function ??

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38
Already a thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search function ??