It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if all aliens and alien craft are actually humans time travelling from the future to our time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ha! I found one of the "official" stories from projectcamelot.
It´s about Dan Burisch and his J-Rod friend.
Personally I dont believe anything from Dan Burisch and I think he is full of it, but its interesting reading for aliens fans.

projectcamelot.org...

While being introduced to these other projects, Dan began to work as part of the Aquarius-J-Rod team6 which was tasked with the problem of figuring out why the J-Rods (commonly called Grays)7 were suffering from a debilitating medical condition that affected their nerves. Part of this work involved taking physical tissue samples from the J-Rod housed deep below S-4 in a 'Clean Sphere' designed to support his atmospheric and environmental needs. It soon became apparent that these Extraterrestrials were not all that different from us. In fact, as communications improved, it was learned that they are not so much space travelers as time/space travelers, using a small planet in the Gliese System as a local base (approximately 15 light years from Earth) where they can stage for their trips here. Using Looking Glass technology (which might be more properly called Stargate technology) they traveled in time from a Human future, which is real to them, but only potential for us.

Edit: It´s interesting he mentioned Gliese system, isnt it?

edit on 10-10-2010 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

Gliese system? What is the sicnifigance of that?

Sorry I don't know much about it, so please tell me.

Vvv

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yes, I think it's very possible that we are visiting ourselves or future peoples are doing so.

Anyone here watch Doctor Who? I just love how that show works and think that perhaps there are some theories involved in it as far as time travel goes. For instance, the Doctor mentions different sorts of events. There are those that are 'supposed to happen' and ones that are not. Perhaps by simply going back in time, you open a void in which allows for external forces(not just the time travelers) to change what we know as 'the past'. Like we see in Doctor Who, it then becomes the Doctors duty to thwart said problem. Also, on these time travel threads, the paradox of going back into time is brought up, but rarely do we talk about traveling into the future. If travel into the future is possible, but means that time is a straight line, that when things happen, it alters that line all the way up till the end of time(if there is an end). So, if that is so, wouldn't travel either way cause ripples?

Plus, you have a lot of people who believe in the butterfly effect, which means if you cut a blade of grass, then there might not be a tsunami that's supposed to be, or there might be an extra volcanic erruption. The problem with this theory is that it actually works against a cause and effect universe. Why? Because cause and effect universes work in the theory of ripples, like water. For instance, if you go back in time and blow up the Earth, that will cause a massive ripple because there is so much life that was, but never will be and other beings that met, who never will meet. Sounds pretty basic. However, what does killing a butterfly do? Well, it feeds on nectar and is sometimes consumed by other insects, birds, amphibians and the rare primate. What you will find is that catapillers are more important to the world than butterflies because they don't hold a solid base in the food chain and one less butterfly won't really affect much. Why am I talking about butterflies? Because that's what the butterfly effect first referred to, is that by killing a butterfly, you could cause future Tsunami's. Now, I don't claim to know everything, but 'future' can be define as tomorrow or any time. I don't think the butterfly effect assumes that we don't live in a cause and effect universe, because believing a butterfly dying can cause a natural disaster is kind of like saying 'step on a crack, break your mothers back'. So, what was the importance of all that? Well, if you time travel and are educated enough to distinguish between changes which will change everything and changes which will change some things, but not much, then you've got it under control.

Back to Doctor Who for a moment. TARDIS. Time and Relative Dimention in Space. Most people I talk to identify the Doctor's TARDIS as a 'time machine'. That's actually wrong. While it can travel in time, time is not it's only function. It also travels in space at the same time. Can anyone say it with me? Tah tel tela telaportation machine. Yes indeed. 'It disapears here and reappears somewhere else, you wouldn't understand'. Not to mention that the TARDIS is huge, but small. The newer seasons do it no justice by only showing the time machine/telaportation machine area, but it's huge, yet it fits in a small police box. What do we know of in science that involves volume and other angles being different than would seem? Dimensions, my friends. Look in other shows which have dimensions... they just mysteriously walk into something which cannot be seen and appear to vanish into thin air. But they aren't. They are going in through the door of the dimension which is open. If you have always been in the same room, you will have no idea that beyond a door can be things which are not just as narrow and small as the door, but a whole world. So then, if your time machine is also a teleportation device, you will need to understand the coordinate system, which with enough brain power, you could. (therefore the turn of the earth or rotation of the earth or any other heavenly body would not be an issue) If your time machine is a separate dimension in itself then it is exempt from time's influence.

Lastly, people. Why is it that when we talk about time travel, we automatically assume they are just dumb as hell morons who stumbled upon the technology? Do you think that people who are able to build and wrap their whole minds around something of the caliber I just laid out would be a complete idiot? Beyond that, let's talk about how time travel would affect the person(people) who travel. Again from Doctor Who, people who travel in time are never the same. Not only because it's an incredible experience and they are changed in that way, but because they are now exept from things that others are not because they are not singular creatures. What does this mean? When you live in 2010 and you go back to 10A.D, you have two existences. One in 2010 and one in 10. How do you have two existences? Because people from 10 existed in 10. People in 2010 existed in 2010. By 11, you can't change the fact that you existed in 10 and by 2011 you can't change the fact that you existed in 2010. Regardless of if your remembered or you leave noticeable affects, those are only human concepts. You broke the barrier and added another person to a time you did not originate from. Not only that, but you are multi-dimensional because you have existed in your own dimension and in the TARDIS. You separate yourself from a forward linear timeline when you travel in time. If you go back in time, you can actually meet yourself because you played a part in that timeline. You now have two existences. One which is playing out it's part on the timeline because it is solidifide(because future events don't change past events, it's the other way around) and another which is exempt from time and lives outside of it's boundaries. If you can go back in time and see yourself, as long as you don't kill your other self, you will have two existences. Otherwise, you will then have one. Even if you were to meet your other self and change their beliefs, they are still playing out an alternative version of your life and even if they decided not to do what they did to get two existences, it does not create an unbreakable paradox because you in yourself become exept from the change because you are living on two timelines. Yours and yours.

Hope this wasn't too confusing and truly we won't know until someone tries it, unless they already have. Good day.

Mr. Dalton
edit on 10-10-2010 by Mr. Dalton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by Zmurfix

Gliese system? What is the sicnifigance of that?

Sorry I don't know much about it, so please tell me.

Vvv

I´m pointing to recent talks in all media about newly discovered Eart-like planet which can support life in Gliese system called Glise 581g
www.reuters.com...
It´s only few days ago a there were many threads on this also

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape

Here is a Link to the Internet movie dadabase Clicking Please

I had not heard of the play you mentioned. Star for bringing that to my attention. Thank you.

My own Theory on time travel is this :-
It's probably quite easy to move in time, but to arrive in the place you left, you have to be moving in space as well. The planet roates at over 600 miles an hour and is moving at something like 64000 miles an hour around the sun. So if you travelled in time one hour into the future but did not travel in space, you'd appear in the vacuum of space 64000 miles away from the earth. And if you travelled 1 hour into the past, you'd watch the earth from one hour away racing towards you until it spattered you in the atmosphere... I have this vision of lots of dead time travellers frozen in space.. orbiting the sun in a trail behind earth.

Having heard this spatial argument many times, this remains one of the best visualization of possible 'dire' consequences to date.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have always been a firm believer of this. It has always been a part of my mind thought or gut feeling.

Now the grey issue is another thing. I mean who's to say they can't be us as well? With all the cloning and robotics we are messing around with now, who says we cant evolve right into that somehow? Maybe that is why they are so desperate to regain new dna etc..On the other hand, I think we may also look a lot like ourselves too.

I do know you really have to think outside the box to try and get any perspective on it. Nice thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I an Old Cheesy 90's Sci Fi flick about this .....horrible, I forgot what it was called though.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was actually thinking of the OP's question last night.
And in my understanding it is quite possible.

Instead of time progressing in one line, and one line only, instead imagine that each sequence of events that pose a massive change instead become a parallel existence.
Thus for example, there may very well be a timeline in some form of existence in which the world trade centers did not fall. Just because they were destroyed in our existence and we live in it, does not mean we should throw out the idea that another existence may be running parallel to us.
IE: You dont just go back and forth on a zip line, you can break off and become a new line running parallel.

I think its a possibility and if you check out the guy from Project Aquarius S4 in Area 51 (or so he claims) that is exactly what he describes. That humanity faced a massive event which seperated us into two groups, one which became 'the grays' and another which became the 'Orions', which now have come back (since ww2) to influence changes to avoid such disasters and also in search of the 'unity gene'.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dude, whatever you've been smoking will you send me some?

tt

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Exactly! As mentioned in my previous thread entries (somewhere), you'd never know the one sitting next to you could be an "ALIEN" in human guise. That's why it's important to remember: If they didn't do anything wrong to you, treat "them" no differently as you would a nice dog.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

We can only speculate about what the reason is that "we" would travel back to visit ourselfs.
Since somebody brought up the topic about getting fresh genes for "ourselves" in the future, I have come to take a liking in this theory. It does make perfect sense to me.

There might be a myriad of other reasons, and I would like to hear alot more theories on this. I also believe that the time traveling conundrum might have been resolved by "ourselves" in the future. Surely with the type of technology in the future, all the principles of time and space would have been figured out, and thus the problem of time travel might become a viable option.

VvV

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join