It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under The Cover-Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Under The Cover-Up

www.theage.com.au

A bikini ban for a Ramadan event at a public pool should not be taken lightly as it puts fundamental freedoms of Western society on the line.

A COUPLE of weeks ago a report surfaced about families being ordered to cover up before attending a public event to avoid offending Muslims during next year's Ramadan in August. It involved VCAT approving a bikini ban for a community event to be held at Dandenong Oasis, a municipal pool.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well this is just ridiculous! On one hand you have these Muslims whining about possible bans on the burqa, yet here they are already making headway into changes to our dress codes. Hypocritical much? This is Australia, not the middle east. What annoys me even more is the weak politicians and local councils selling us out to this minority.

I think Aussies need to rally together and protest out the front of this pool during Ramadan in Bikini's!.

I'm tired of hearing about Muslims being upset and offended by my culture when they are the guests in MY country. If they don't like it, they can always leave. I mean... no ones keeping them here right! One wonders why they even come here in the first place!

IRM :shk:

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/10/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

oh hell no its a public pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is going way to far i am sick of people getting on their knees for islam

those people have the right to do whatever they see fit to do.....

this is the biggest bunch of horse puckey i have ever seen...........

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Yeah i second that.
People need to harden up, and get rid of the PC crap in there head.
It is ridiculous.
I personally don't mind bikini's. Muslims puzzle me.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What I don't understand, is why people are so worried about offending Muslims. No one seems too worried about offending Christians,Hindus or Buddhists or any other religion for that matter. They've already conquered us if we keep kow-towing to these people.No race of people or religion should hold sway over any other. I don't try to impose my beliefs on any one else.If some person or group offends me, I ask the Creator for justice and leave it at that. I pray that one day they'll abandon their moon god, and worship the creator of the universe instead.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this to our attention I.R.M..

I agree that their expectations (to not wear bikini's) are ridiculous if they are mandatory. (It would be similar to expect everybody to shave their head to not offend skinheads).

But.......as you stated:

they are the guests in MY country

Is it not considered hospitable to accommodate your "guests"??

What I mean is, I am always reminded of a story about our former queen (Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands). She gave a banquet for a large group of foreign diplomats, presidents and other kings and queens. With the main course, a small dish of lemon water was served to clean your fingers. One of the Chinese diplomats thought it was a drink and started drinking the lemon water. Our queen did not point out his error but raised her dish of lemon water, gave a toast, and also drank the water.

Point of this story is, if you consider them your "guests", then you have the obligation to make their stay as pleasantly as possible. Regardless of your own opinion, you do not offend your guest because their stay is temporary.

I know they are not your guest though!! They are fellow country men and that is the hard part too swallow, I guess.

I think Aussies need to rally together and protest out the front of this pool during Ramadan in Bikini's!.

Yes!!! Let's have an other antagonizing-contest. Why not have the prophet Muhammad printed on both the left and the right cup!! Good luck with that!!!

Peace

edit on 10-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Yeah I know!!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Hook line and sinker,
did anyone stop to read ? > like the written part where is said
" It will be held when the pool is * closed to the public and normally used for a women-only * swimming session "
talk about a knee jerk reaction and sensationalizing
. . . but that's what sells pr. .
edit on 10/10/10 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

It will be held when the pool is closed to the public and normally used for a women-only swimming session

It's nothing new , or nothing to get your shorts all in a knot.
There has been lessons and classes specific to adults only swim,
seniors day, birthday/theme parties etc.
so why get so hysterical, Lol chill out and take a dip.
edit on 10/10/10 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is still an event which will be attended my mostly Islamic women. I endorse the above sentiments and my question is this: when are Muslums going to be asked to be "senstiive" to the wider Austrlaian traditions and customs and not wear their burka's , scarves etc in public. Why not keep these for ceramonial occasions only?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by bussoboy

Can't one be a traditionalist and support free choice ?
or is it custom in Australia to force traditions
on Australian born aboriginals etc. ?

Staying on topic,
the swim-class that was mentioned and sensationalized
was not meant for general admittance.
Just as senior swim classes, mother and baby classes,
ect. so why in good heavens would any sane person get wound-up
about a modest woman's swim class ?
get real

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Thanks ToneDeaf,
You bet me to it on this post.

As the OP has the line 'Dis-info Agent' under his Avatar name (InfraRedMan)- it sums up the Thread, Dis-info

OP: To paraphrase the Soup Nazi "No S&F for You!"

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I think its getting out of hand with them!!!,,,especially within our own borders,,,our own country,,,!!!!!,,

We are not allowed to do this in their countries!!!!
To hold hands and a kiss on the cheek the relegious police would arrest us...(probly kill me)

I read that the UK even is giving them their own court system,,,???

Most of us are very tolerent and kind,,,when we go there,,,we show tolernerence and respect thier veiw,,,,when they come here they expect us to convert and abide and a total 360...

As much as I am kind,, I do not want to walk down the street and see women wearing burqas'....like in france ,,small towns have become this,,,,!!!

They dont want to adapt to our culture,,,,,, yet we should to theirs???

I know what you mean and understand,,,

Kona

top topics

join