It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The masons are coming!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well all, the investigating committe is coming to my home this evening, and im nervous.I really wish i knew what they are gonna say, or what to expect?Im excited, but nervous at the same time. Any final advice anyone?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
Well all, the investigating committe is coming to my home this evening, and im nervous.I really wish i knew what they are gonna say, or what to expect?Im excited, but nervous at the same time. Any final advice anyone?

From what I have been told, just relax and be yourself. If it is for you then it will happen. I don't know from experience, but have posed the same question before. If you are doing it for the right reasons, there should be no problem... Did I miss anything fellas?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just be your natural, friendly self.

The main purpose for visiting you is to be sure that you seem to be a trustworthy and genuine person who is willing to work for charitable purposes.

They don't want someone who is psychologically unbalanced or one who will be a burden upon the organization. The Masons support their own brothers who become disabled (at Masonic nursing homes for example) and always look out for another. They want someone who will be willing to support that activity, not someone who is going to be trouble.

Most ordinary, God-fearing men are acceptable.

www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
Any final advice anyone?

Just be yourself.
It's as simple as that.

"Investigation committee"?
You make it sound more ominous than it really is.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012
Just be your natural, friendly self.

The main purpose for visiting you is to be sure that you seem to be a trustworthy and genuine person who is willing to work for charitable purposes.

I'm sorry, Bro. O'Neal, but this is not correct. It is not necessary that "you be willing to work for charitable purposes," as Freemasonry is not a service club. A man can become a Mason even if he never intends to do charity work ever (mind you, he'll probably change his mind about that as he gains some insight, but that's for the individual to decide).

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As a frequent Chair of the Investigating Committee, I always get my first impression from appearances. I think a tinfoil hat and an ATS Rules! tee shirt will go a long way towards a favorable report.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
As a frequent Chair of the Investigating Committee, I always get my first impression from appearances. I think a tinfoil hat and an ATS Rules! tee shirt will go a long way towards a favorable report.

Don't listen to him, OrangeMonkey.
Next he'll be telling you to play Survivor CDs in the background.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Don't listen to him, OrangeMonkey.
Next he'll be telling you to play Survivor CDs in the background.

That's only if your destined to be a Low Ranking Mason, High Ranking Mason Material plays "A Flock of Seagulls" and has a copy of "Mullets From Around The World" on the coffee table... oops, secrets are getting out... I'm off to administer one of those ghoulish obligation excerpts upon myself.

[edit on 25/6/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Orangemonkey~~
relax...take a deep breath...be yourself...be a good host.
I'm sure you'll do fine.

Best of luck

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sure if you don't act fake, and be yourself you will be more than fine.

But let us know how it goes! I'm planning on joining shortly myself...

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good luck, And be sure to let us know what happens,

Again just be yourself,
And im sure you will be fine,

new topics

top topics

join