It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your favorite newest features?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Tonight, I got home, sat at my desk and found I had three U2Us waiting for me.

It was like Christmas.

But something struck me as different.....odd even... Then it hit me!

The fear was completely gone. (at least I think it was)

I'll explain...

Since the days of the simple U2U text notification in the upper right-hand corner to the RED U2U bar notification, I have always had a moment of anxiety before clicking to see the potential doom. Why potential doom? Well, the truth is I have had my share of run-ins with the T&C. Too much quoted....wrong forum...already posted...shouldn't have done this....shouldn't have done that...and much more.

I even managed to break some rules that weren't even in the T&C! I'm not kidding.

Let's just say I obviously learn slowly. But I rarely meant to break any of the rules.

So when I would get a U2U, it was literally something I feared. In the early days no one ever really U2Ued me to say something friendly, so if I got one it was usually one of two things-- a board announcement or a reprimand.

*sigh*

Sure the applause and friendlies eventually came at a consistent pace, and the reprimands less so. But I never really got over the initial anxiety when seeing a U2U notification. The Pavlovian response had been set.

So what does any of this have to do with my favorite new feature of the board? Not much, really, but I promised to dedicate my next wordy thread to 12m8keall2c and I really did want to mention how much I like the new U2U notification window.

So I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Truly a work of art. Thank you SO!

It may make little sense to most, but I really love this one.

For the rest of you, what feature do you like most about the site's overhaul? Share one or two items. It might even teach some of us new and novel ways to explore this wonderful place.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That is a hard question, I pretty much like everything and do love new message notification pop-up, but I have one question, I have never had a red U2U mine were always U2U. Looking forward to the friends list coming back also.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Of the most "recent" changes.. I'd say I like the fact that "ATS media" is no longer a separate entity that I have to log into.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I like that BTS is just a click away and now has the S&F feature.

Mostly the changes are just cosmetic bells and whistle type thingies. If this thread had been about what we DON"T like, I could probably write a book, as I'm sure a lot of members could do as well.

A lot of it has to do with learning the new menu options and learning to find our way around the site again but, a lot if it has to do with features which were done away with in the change, like the BTS smileys and the friend AND foe features.

I realise they are re-vamping the friend feature but they didn't have to take it away in the meantime.

I also hope they don't do away with the foe feature either. I didn't use it much but, I liked having it. It was nice to see who got ticked off enough at me to press that button.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well i am not sure if i am imaging things...but i like the new slider bar in over size photos...I think it will save time and effort as i always had to go and shrink down th pics which mad a few hard to read i will try it out and replace on or two in my threads....

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I like the fact that the DENY IGNORANCE text is now even more unmissable than it was before.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I like the easy access to features I didn't even know were here. I don't live here, and I really don't care about stars and flags as it has no bearing on my life and my farm and my job and my family....

but it's cool to know now about all the points and stars and flags I have. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I love the fact that we can now go directly to our posts from our profiles instead of having to filter through, on some occations, hundreds and hundreds of pages like before.

It's soooooo much more helpful and was desperately needed.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
My favorite feature is that they got rid of a feature. No more friends/foes. IMHO it never should have been there anyways. This isn't facebook. This is ATS. A lot of folks misunderstood 'respected foes' and thought it meant 'enemy' or 'bad person' or something .... glad it's gone.

I should start a thread ... BRING BACK THE GREEN LINES!!
I'd like to see them back.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I like the feature where you go to tools then my profile
then my posts.
AS this now sends you to your last post on the thread
you posted in, so it's great to find your post to see if you got
any replies or stars, and in a long thread it used to be a pain
trying to find what you wrote in a thread 50 pages long!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yeah thats what i liked too.
so much easy'r to find your work

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I looove the "so-and-so replied to one of your posts" feature. Absolutely brilliant piece of coding.... Thank you!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm not a massive fan of the new site, partly because I don't like change much. The thing I miss most is being able to "foe" people as it was a good way for me to keep track of all the losers who make up nonsense or generally annoy me. Now I have to keep a list of names on a separate application, which really twists my nipples! *grrr*

Rev

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I love the alert when you get a U2U.

I love that all forums are on one page.

I love the pull down options (vs. buttons) for actions.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I love the way the off topic board is right on the recent posts page, and there are now stars and flags in bts.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ah, it's the simple things in life that please me.

I like it visually. I like the new colors, the skins, and all the frills. Yip.

I've gotten to know a few members in a different way since all this started.....that's been nice too.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I love it all except for one thing.

When I click on the most recent reply on the thread it takes me to that page instead of the actual reply then I have to scroll down to the last reply. Before it would send me directly to it but now it won't.

My favorite is the U2U as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

edit on 10/11/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: Unnecessary comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Do you use the side bars that have suddenly appeared.
I hadn't noticed until going on another computer and having them
invade some of the page space that was always readable.
Smaller screens of computers are just outdated.

join