It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Ten Ten, I am certain this is going to happen!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

We "nerds" are betting you have some badness on your machine because we see it all the time.
Pop ups are not really what we are talking about.

I had a 70 year old customer call me over to "fix her farmville". She said everything worked perfect, except she could not play farmville. Malwarebytes found and fixed 203 problems. One of which is the famous redirect, by changing the server to a proxy (I know, I just lost you) which directs all your requests through a host computer that can redirect you as it likes.

While it is true that safe surfing practices can help avoid problems, I have to doubt your machine is problem free. I guess we will never know.

I love your attitude about this. Don't listen to experts.
Kind of like sticking your fingers in your ears and going nah nah nah na

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I hate to say it, but I think I have used all the best removal tools. I only need rkill and malwarebytes to get 99% of the junk out there.
My security DVD includes
1)rkill
2)malwarebytes
3)combofix
4)spyware doctor
5)superantispyware
6)spybot s&d
7)Zone alarm

None of this is needed with Linux

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Not for me, I am a die hard Fedora fan and am patiently waiting for Fedora 14 to be released. Ubuntu just works so well out of the box it is too easy for us Linux veterans, we need some work to do with a new Linux, know what I mean here?
Fedora is cutting edge software. It is stable, and works, but takes so work to make it work right and be fast.

I wish everyone would download some form of FREE Linux and say goodbye to Microsoft forever. About the only things Windows has is games that don't work on Linux, but hey, Linux come with over 150 games that are better than Windows, and you don't need Windows Office when you can have Open Office instead, it does everything Microsoft can do, and more.

The next step for you Windows users is Windows 7. Anyone tried this yet? I found it to be unstable, prone to registry errors, slow and a memory hog. Also chock full of security holes. Just look at the problems people are having.

Windows 7 Upgrade Woes Mount: Endless Reboots and Product Key Problems

Students find problems with Windows 7 upgrade

Microsoft probes Windows 7 battery problems

Windows 7 File Permissions Problem

Criticism mounting over Windows 7 security

Authentication under Windows: A smouldering security problem

I know what you are thinking, I'm running XP, I will just stick with that. Wrong.
Microsoft Support Lifecycle Product support lifecycle information by product family

Windows XP Mainstream Support retired, but no need to worry

In short, Microsoft will continue to support Windows XP and Office 2003 after today, but users should start looking to move up to newer version of Windows and Office.
source link

Enjoy your new Windows, and all of the malware, trojans, and virus that come along with running Windows, not to mention Internet controls that TPTB are attempting to put in place, the software will be aimed directly at your Windows computer, friend.

Linux is free, like free beer, anyone can download a copy and you will go faster, be a lot more stable, no blue screen of death ever, good strong firewall, and with a little tweaking Firefox will fly and be completely private. After a week or two you will never look back.
distrowatch.com...
www.ubuntu.com...
fedoraproject.org...
www.pclinuxos.com...
www.debian.org...
www.gentoo.org...
www.knoppix.com...
www.mepis.org...
www.slackware.com...
And, the most Ultimate Ubuntu of all, Ultimate Ubuntu...
distrowatch.com...
Let Freedom Ring!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join