It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being unemployed is totally cool, all the kids are doing it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This parody vid shows a group trying to spin job-killing taxes into a positive thing by pointing out that the unemployed don't have to pay taxes so you won't have to worry about the new taxes after you lose your job.

Brilliant!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

um yeah brillant cause the majority of americans will buy this

theres an old saying stupid is as stupid does............

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just love the lie in this video. "Obama tax hikes"

[Snip], there are no new tax hikes, the only thing is, the Bush tax cuts are just going to expire.

Which will bring the tax rate for the wealthiest people (like the asshats that produced this video) up 3%

But hey, don't believe the truth, just let some right wing special interest group lie to you and because it fit's your pathetic anti Obama narrative eat it up like the gospel truth.

Course, these are the same [Snip] that think that Obama is the Anti Christ, so trying to explain reality to these [Snip] is kind of a moot point.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Except that it's wrong. Unemployment insurance payments are taxable income.
www.bargaineering.com...

But haven't you heard? The term is actually funemployment.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

mr whatukno what is a hike? a hike is when a set limit is increased hence its a hike....and besides ITS YOUR MONEY ITS THEIR MONEY.............

a taxcut is that a taxcut its a slashed revenue that the federal government gets off your blood and sweat and tears....

when you stop caring about one penny that you earn man that is a ridiculous statement at best simple fact every single cent adds up in the end and it can be the difference between you making it and you going bankrupt.
edit on 9-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Exactly, he is going to extend them for the middleclass.

Some people are dumb.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Reinstating a previously and temporarily reduced tax rate for a specific income group is not a "hike".

If Wal Mart puts something on sale today and the sale ends, there was no "hike" in price, there was just an end to the reduction.

The drain of "trickle down economics" got clogged. It's time to pay the plumber to get the water flowing again.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

when you stop caring about one penny that you earn man that is a ridiculous statement at best simple fact every single cent adds up in the end and it can be the difference between you making it and you going bankrupt.

That would be true, except for the fact that I live within my means.
Startling concept isn't it? actually living within one's means?

I have no credit cards, don't want them, have no use for them. Except for child support, I have no debt at all. So, unlike many other people, I am well ahead of the game. If I want something, I save and go buy it.

And the strangest thing happened this year, my taxes went down a little bit, why? Oh that's right, because Obama gave working Americans a tax cut. Odd how the right wingers seem to think that's a tax hike. Maybe they are using some sort of bizzaro world calculator.
edit on 10/9/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

are we forgetting the fact that things cost more than they did when they were first implimented?

prices go up! cost of living goes up!

prices of goods and services are nothing near to what they first were when implimented man.....

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

yeah so are all those rich people that the left wants to take away from

the majority of people who are complaining about what the rich have are those people who arent living within their means oh but wait the government isnt living within its means either...................

really now i seem to remember raising taxes of the smokers and clove cigars so the taxes on millions of americans went up drastically

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

really now i seem to remember raising taxes of the smokers and clove cigars so the taxes on millions of americans went up drastically

Course one could then give themselves a tax cut by quitting smoking.

Or, do what I do, I have that little machine that I make my own smokes with, and so, a carton of 200 cigarettes for me costs about 10 bucks.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

LOL....LOL.....LOL hilarious thread, I have a feeling that not just kids but many more adults
will be joining this craze.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

see man who are you to say what someone else should be doing?

you live your life as you see fit and leave other people alone and let them live their life as they see fit thats my philsophy and i honestly think more people need to adhere to it............note im not telling you what to do....

what someone does with their own life doesnt affect me in the slightest..............exception when you try to take something away from someone else you are essentially taking away from us all the right to live our own lives in accordance to our own ideals.
edit on 9-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Is that the video? Is this supposed to be funny? Why do conservative targeted comedies always fail miserably over humour? This is the same as 'an american carol', completely dry. Maybe it's just politics in general? I don't know.

Originally posted by FortAnthem
This parody vid shows a group trying to spin job-killing taxes

On a serious note, obviously your intention here is to complain to us that taxes are the main sources for killing the jobs in this country. It'd be useful to note that since 1986 the corporate tax rate went down from 46% to 35% to this day. In 1993 Clinton managed to get the corporate tax rate back up to 39% and it was once again lowered under Bush to 35%. So what has this done for us since then? Lets take an industry for example, the furniture industry has lost an estimated 21% of jobs to foreign countrys between the year 2000 and 2006, that was during the major Bush tax cuts:
www.businessweek.com...

In addition to that businesses over here are simply unwilling or unable to produce more jobs for both the unemployed and the new job entrants (students). So I fail to see how tax cuts will change this? Especially to corporations since they continue to cut jobs and costs regardless of tax cuts? This talk about 'cutting taxes' is just a lazy approach by conservatives to point fingers. It is not the solution to the current financial problem. In addition to that you have businesses hiring illegals and you know what, neither the Republicans nor Democrats are willing to take serious action in holding businesses accountable as this would greatly affect their campaign donations (republicans will talk about strengthening the borders and papers please laws, but they are well aware this is just a front of nothingness to the actual problem with illegal immigration). Tax cuts! Tax cuts! It's the only kind of talk I heard from those on rightwing to this crises. There is absolutely no grasp or atleast willingness to admit this issue is far more complex.

I support tax cuts for small businesses and corporations that keep their jobs here. I support increasing taxes for businesses that evidently shift jobs overseas. That is one way to cut taxes that will by the least assist in bring back jobs. Merely 'cutting taxes' abroad will not solve this crises.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thank you Phange for pointing out, you still have to pay federal tax on unemployment wages, its a little bit reduced rate, a flat 10%, but you still have to pay.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I love it; I post the vid to show how politicians spin everything to make them come out looking good and everybody ends up arguing about whether the tax cuts expiring is a tax increase or not.

Since the argument went that way I'll put in my two cents: I know my taxed are gonna go up a lot after the Bush cuts expire. The child tax credit is gonna get cut by more than half when this happens. The Dems weren't even going to fix this in their plans, I checked. There are loads of lower and middle class families who are going to notice a HUGE change when this one goes away.

I have 3 kids and that particular tax cut has made a big difference in my life. The tax return I got this year is the only thing that kept my family off the streets after I lost my job last year. Don't tell me that these tax breaks expiring won't add to the tax burden of the average American.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

see man who are you to say what someone else should be doing?

I gave a suggestion, I didn't tell anyone what they should be doing. I said what people could do. That wasn't telling anyone to do anything.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

um ok you gave a suggestion but the government doesnt suggest it does and it takes from the mouth of man to feed its own greed and lust for power and control over your life and my own and everyones..........

oh how i wish the government would just "suggest" so i can tell them to stick it to where the sun doesnt shine.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What do you people want?

No taxes on anything?

Mad Max here we come!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Eh, first of all, the use of gross sexual humor really isn't needed.....

And there are new taxes to cover specifically the medical coverage, including a tax penalty for every family that refuses to purchase health coverage through a private corporation ...

The tax cuts regarding 250k+ being returned to pre-Bush levels is an entirely different subject.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join