It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

www.wired.com

A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.

Read More www.wired.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is unbelievable. First.... They installed the tracker so hap hazardly that it was easily found by Cletus the mechanic.

Then they put themselves out in plain view collecting the device.

I would not be suprised to find out, that these were paid contractors for the FBI.

30 day warrant my arse. I am willing to bet that these are left on the target, simply renewing or re-issuing a warrant.

This is truely scary!! They are tagging peoples cars without once credible threat posed.

This kid seems like a normal kid whose only crime is being arab. Unless there is more to this kid than is being reported... Our Govt. is blanketing an entire group of people.

www.wired.com

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

This is unbelievable. First.... They installed the tracker so hap hazardly that it was easily found by Cletus the mechanic.

Then they put themselves out in plain view collecting the device.

I would not be suprised to find out, that these were paid contractors for the FBI.

30 day warrant my arse. I am willing to bet that these are left on the target, simply renewing or re-issuing a warrant.

This is truely scary!! They are tagging peoples cars without once credible threat posed.

This kid seems like a normal kid whose only crime is being arab. Unless there is more to this kid than is being reported... Our Govt. is blanketing an entire group of people.

www.wired.com

I have a sneeky suspicion that this is much more prevelant than meets the eye.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Been posted 3+ times already. Let me find the original thread for ya.

Here you go.
edit on 9-10-2010 by abrowning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sorry Mod.. Close this up.

I searched all of the key words.. that is really weird.
I searched FBI, FBI-GPS, GPS Student. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

lol search function is picky. I searched FBI student and it popped up but did notice nothing else really worked. Oh well, good catch nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

www.wired.com

A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.

Read More www.wired.com...

Yeah i posted about this 3 or 4 hours ago, and it didn't pop up in search for me either. There have been like 4 threads on it now I guess.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join