It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: North Korea Denies Making Nuke Test Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It seems North Korea has flinched and decided that it does not want to openly threaten a Nuclear detonation. In a backtracking statement North Korea has downplayed their previous statement by putting a contextual modifier on the statement. How true to politics is that?

Link to full story

BEIJING (Reuters) - North Korea did not threaten to test a nuclear bomb during six-party talks on the North Korean nuclear crisis, a senior U.S. official said in Beijing on Friday.

"It was not phrased as a threat," the official told reporters, adding that the leader of the North Korean delegation had said only that some people in Pyongyang wanted to test a bomb.

Perhaps China is finally putting some muscle behind these negotiations. It is my hope that China will get frustrated with its little rat dog, ankle biting, neighbor and just go in and clean house. I believe the world, in large part, would support such a move. Perhaps NK got wind of some Chinese troop movements and so are issuing this disclaimer today. Otherwise why not issue it when the reports were first made of the threat?

Also see this report on the result of recent negotiations and the threat by NK: Link

Also see this related ATSNN news story: Link to ATSNN article

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
the north koreans are the worst liars in the world. they will probally test that bomb.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I hope they do set off a bomb. That will rally the world against them and hopefully bring that sad regime to an end. They have held the world hostage with their bark for too long. It is time to test their bite.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Or they could sell one to bin Ladin and have him test it for them. It would take a long time to find out afterwards, at least long enough for their people to make more of them to sell. They would know for sure the design worked if one blew up say the chemical plants in Houston or New York City. Highly unlikely but still possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There is a story suggesting that the Koreans may have been just stalling with this latest threat but may also have been serious with it. Don't you just love decisive reporting in the press. Oh well I will link to it since it is a recent and good summary of events so far.

One official said: "They seem to be waiting for instructions from Kim Jong Il," the North Korean leader. "So this may have been a real threat. But it was probably a stalling action."

Link to full Story

new topics

top topics

join