It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lennon and UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That was actually a high up UN official who was abductes, I think it was more recently. The account s on presidentialufo.com
Pretty fantastic story, I hae always wanted to know more about it as the abductee was high profile and it occured i the middle of the city.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

That was actually a high up UN official who was abducted, I think it was more recently. The account is on presidentialufo.com Pretty fantastic story, I have always wanted to know more about it as the abductee was high profile and it occurred in the middle of the city.

This was the Linda Cortile abduction that was promoted by Bud Hopkins as a 'best evidence case.'

Cortile wasn't high profile, but Hopkins received a letter claiming that a UN Ambassador's late night convoy had been witness to the alleged abduction.

Whether you believe the story or not is up to you. Personally, it looks like a hoax and possibly aimed at Hopkins to discredit or exploit his 'will to believe.' Given his research into abductions, it's possible he put it in the context of his experience and failed to question the facts of the case?

Some people believe it happened and some don't. Here's some links from both sides of the fence...

Yes it's all true...

theuniversalseduction.com...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

No it isn't true...
www.tricksterbook.com...

www.philipcoppens.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"I had a vision that a man came unto us on a flaming pie, and he said, 'You are Beatles with an A.' And so we were."

John Lennon 1961

Obviously John having a joke with Journalists, however McCartney recorded an album called flaming pie where it could be argued that the flaming pie looks like a UFO.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

hey there wigit, that is some good reading on
the Lennon/geller story.
never knew of the egg or the "bugs" Lennon
had to do with.what an odd tale.

any more info on the "egg"? hoax real??
i would have it x rayed.at least.
nice work.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Beautiful so beautiful Sometimes i wonder if aliens are real or if it really isnt just benevolent spirit flying through the cosmos that enters our awareness and manifests as something that is a bit easier for our minds to digest

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
no doubt John Lennon knew the truth about aliens.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
After all, he was the Walrus, they were the EGG MEN.

See how they fly like lucy in the sky.
edit on 10-10-2010 by MisterBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was just reminded of this case recently, and poking around can't find much, just the same story repeated again and again. There really must be more out there! This quote is fascinating:

"Immediately John and May telephoned the Daily News, and were told that at least 7 other reports had been received."

Supposedly, there were also calls made to the police.

Checking the online MUFON & NUFORC reports turned up nothing. If there were other witness reports, I'd love to see them. Can someone check to see if there was any New York City newspaper coverage of this at the time?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've heard similar things from others.

These kinds of thigns happen, but is it real? Maybe, maybe not.

John Lennon + Drugs + Tabloids + Absurdity = UFOs?
edit on 23-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

John Lennon certainly thought he saw something as he placed it on the liner notes to vinyl copy of his Walls and Bridges album.

This is Lennon's sketch of the UFO.

He also sings about "...like a UFO you came to me" on his song "Out of the blue" on the album 'Mind Games" which was before this sighting.

Other than radio reports by Lennon there doesn't seem much to go on to substantiate it.

edit on 23/1/14 by mirageman because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i believe lennon thinks he saw something, but i don't believe anything geller says, like icke.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Thanks for posting that sketch, I was coming back to do it, and pleased to find it already here. I'm still hoping a New Yorker can check with the libraries or newspapers for contemporary reports from other witnesses.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im not much of a Beatles fan, but this account pretty cool, especially coming from a Beatle. Who knows why it came close to him, he was not only famous, but his Band could of started its own religion with their aspiring songs of peace sent into space...Avoiding Invasion for the next couple thousands years probably...

Ether them crazy Aliens saw the peaceful vibes that he and his crew brought, or even wacky theory, that they could be pesky varment time travelers visiting him like they the supposed ed story of Elvis.

Maybe their music and art survived the apocalyptic Nuclear War, and their styles are considered legendary, helping mankind reach unity...After centuries of stupidity.

High strangeness and historic celebtrities, and what not. Wish I could find a Wild Wasteland sample...

edit on 27-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is such a good story. Does anyone know whether there were more witnesses to this incident?

edit on 10-10-2016 by UFOtoday because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join