It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Guide For Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hello all,

Here's a quick guide for all you men out there looking to meet women, I realise I may be repeating whats already been said on here but it's breaking my heart to see all the depressive threads
:

Be Yourself

First of all, be you! Trying to act like someone your not is always bound to fail and just makes you look stupid, if your interested in collecting frogs for example then don't hide the fact. From my experience women prefer you to be honest with them although my next pointer may come accross as slightly the opposite of what I'm saying.

Be Confidence

You have to be confident, women (like animals) can smell fear. No one is interested in someone that doesn't seem happy just being them, stand upright and talk clearly, speak with passion and enthuthiasm. Here's a tip; if you aren't very confident in yourself then act it, yes that's right; act it! It's been proven that by acting confidence you will actually become confident, especially when people start treating your act of confidence as a real sign of confidence.

That will only make you feel better and thus more confident!

I said above be yourself and I'm still saying that, although sometimes you need to play the game with women and to get through the initial stages then it's perfectly okay in my opinion to bluff a little, put it this way 99% of women will do that to you!

Be Funny

The majority of women appreciate humour and it's a ticket to getting them where you want, everyone on the planet likes a good laugh and if you can be funny then do so. Don't forget, even though you might think your humour is a little abnormal, many women could find this attractive as it's original i.e. something different than the one line chat up lines.

Be Clean

Hygiene is very important, okay so your not an oil painting but that's no excuse not to be clean shaven, wearing nice clothes and smell nice. Deodorant and aftershave are a must and so is a good hair cut.

Okay fella's, told you it was only going to be a quick thread but take the above points onboard and you won't go wrong.

Cheers,

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

and, a guide for women...

1) Turn up
2) Bring beer.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

You missed:

3.) Put nice lingerie on

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

well, we are men remember, 2 things is enough information to process,

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Haha, I agree.

I like your style, have an electronic beer on me

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i cant type and drink at the same time... I leave that complicated stuff to the multitaskers (females)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Careful One Wosix, you might get yourself a KUI, keyboarding under the influence!

I think another factor for us guys is to listen, genuinely, and offer feedback to her perspectives. I am talking about undivided attention too, which I think everyone appreciates sometimes.
I have numerous couple friends and it is funny(kind of) watching the guys basically tune their partners out most of time, cutting them off, changing the subject, or belittling. I had to put a conscious effort into this, but am much better since doing so, and have been told so. Granted I can listen to all of the gab a women is capable of, but an effort to try more went a long ways, for both of us.

spec
edit on 9-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Be Yourself

First of all, be you! Trying to act like someone your not is always bound to fail and just makes you look stupid, if your interested in collecting frogs for example then don't hide the fact. From my experience women prefer you to be honest with them although my next pointer may come accross as slightly the opposite of what I'm saying.

My technique is to gradually reveal just how crazy I am over a long period of time. Little bits here and there so she doesn't even really notice it happening.

I am pretty sure my girlfriend looks at me sometimes and thinks "how the fudge did I end up with this lunatic?"

As I stick two Gas masks into a suitcase for some incredibly unlikely SHTF scenario. She will never be bored that's the only consolation.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Little bits here and there so she doesn't even really notice it happening.

I am pretty sure my girlfriend looks at me sometimes and thinks "how the fudge did I end up with this lunatic?"

As I stick two Gas masks into a suitcase for some incredibly unlikely SHTF scenario. She will never be bored that's the only consolation.

Priceless insight BRL!! And gave me a laugh as well!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

All I can say in my defence is at least I put two gas masks in the case. I'm just an unconventional gentleman.

edit on 9-10-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To add one very important space

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's ok to be yourself....but if that self is into conspiracy boards, Dungeons & Dragons, etc., then maybe it's best not to be TOO open right out of the gate....hmmm?

new topics

top topics

join