It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw Fahrenheit 9/11....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSluvDroid
Oh, another fact. Saudi Arabia owns something like 7% of the USA. Meaning, they have something like 30 Trillion dollars invested in US corporations, a nice chunk of that in corporations the Bush Family owns.

If they were to pull out all of their funds in one lump chunk, it would send our economy into a tailspin.

This is a surprise? Eh? The bin laden airport is like 10 miles away from my house. However it was...ahem shut down....quite soon after 9 11.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If you want the proof, watch the movie. It shows it all to you bright and clear.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
DROID!!!! AHHH!!!! Dont tell me to go watch the movie, tell me something he said! Too many people cant even give me apiece of what this man said...but somehow its important and an eye opener! If you cant tell it to someone else, you dont understand it and the entire experience was pointless!

OK, since quotnig doesnt seem to be too popular, lets open up opinions eh? what are your opinions on a completely random subject atsluv? remember...yours.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Jesus, go watch the damn movie. there are two hours of facts to "rip apart"

lol

I'm not going to sit here and re-write the transcript skippy. It was a 2 hour documentary!

List one fact? Bush was never elected as President to begin with. Al Gore won, Bush's family changed everything around. His brother in Florida. His cousin or whomever at Fox news. etc etc.

Wow that's not a fact, it's wrong, you slime-bag.

Bush won the electoral vote far more than Hayes did.

Hayes EC: 185 Popular Vote %: 47.9%
Tilden EC: 184 Popular Vote %: 51.0%

Bush EC: 271 Popular Vote %: 48.0%
Gore EC: 261 Popular Vote %: 48.0%

No one was screaming BLOODY MURDER when Hayes won, because they know there's more than just a popular vote, there's an Electoral College.

As for Florida, how can you believe the garbage that "his brother gave that state to him" uhh...the US Supreme Court decided on it. You know why they ruled the way they did? Because you can not count ballots that are non-determinable and the elections MUST be completed by a specific date. The President must take office by a certain date. And if people are too stupid to not vote properly, they shouldn't vote at all.

Originally posted by ATSluvDroidWhy were African American election votes not counted during the election in like 6 states? Because the Bush admin knew they were voting for Gore and fixed the election.

Uhh are you moronic?

African American votes were counted in every state, the problem in Florida (which is what you are confusing) was that florida did not allow felons to vote and a LARGE majority of Blacks in florida are ironically felons and so weren't allowed to vote. Mix this in with a fact that some blacks felt cheated that the polls closed before they could get to them (because let's face it, 60,000 people couldn't make it to the polls ... somehow 15 million others did), and you've got a "conspiracy to rig the election". Moronic....

Originally posted by ATSluvDroidI don't remember all of the specific details but you can start there.

You're damn right you don't remember the details.

Hell you don't even know enough about our nation to know that Bush constitutionally won the election. That's all that matters.

And how Gore is starting to act now...I don't think he's a stable enough man to be president anyway.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Oh, another fact. Saudi Arabia owns something like 7% of the USA. Meaning, they have something like 30 Trillion dollars invested in US corporations, a nice chunk of that in corporations the Bush Family owns.

If they were to pull out all of their funds in one lump chunk, it would send our economy into a tailspin.

I ask you oh how oh how they "own 7% of the USA".

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No they do not have 30 trillion invested in US corporation...30 billion maybe, 30 trillion no.

The richest man in the world is Bill Gates and he is worth only 60 Billion. Since the Bin Laden family's assets are controlled by a single man within the family their entire assets do not exceed 60 billion or he'd be the "richest" man in the world.

30 trillion is also 3 years of US GDP, which is 10 times larger than the 2nd largest GDP in the world.

So you are telling me the Bin Ladens can buy 3 years of production and transactions within the US, amazing...absolutely amazing.

The Bush family last time I checked didn't really own anything. GWB owned a team or such, Bush's father has a lot of money in his estate but they don't actually own any businesses out-right or even majorily.

The Bush family however did have some business with the Bin Ladens but seriously...the Bin Ladens are not "bad guys".

Ossama was disowned by them and only a few of his ungodly amount of half-brothers have even bothered to talk with him.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
LOL, you must have a major inferiority complex mate.

Every third word is a mindless insult or you comparing yourself to others while puting yourself in a higher light.

I saw the movie after having had 2 hours of sleep in a little over 24 hours. I don't remember the entire movie word for word in one sitting. Stop acting like you would Mr. Cut & paste.

your such a jackass you crack me up.

I'm willing to bet your a skinny, twitchy guy in his 30's, whos never done anything of merit, that everyone around you picks on...think I nailed that one on the head didn't I?

lmao

You want a transcript of the movie? Go watch it with a tape recorder.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My correction, I meant 3 trillion.

Agaiin, I dont remember specifically. Watch the movie.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
who are you talking to?

both FreeMason and I are both asking you for specifics..but you cant give them.

attack us one at a time for wanting quotes and specify whom you are speaking to. that way, everyon is insulted in a unique fashion!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think I should make a point right now before this gets too rediculous.

I saw the movie and posted my thoughts on it. All you want me to do is retype the entire movie so you can post your balbberings to show the world how smart you are, yet you wont just go see the movie for yourself.

I am not here to sell politics, pride, build my ego or make up for my small willy. I don't much care what you think, believe, say or do.

Everytime you come to these forums in whatever name, you and I always seem to get into some debate where you toss a million mindless insults while you cut and paste your superior contentions found elsewhere written by others.

If you want to show how smart you are, find yourself a transcript of the movie and come here and post a 15 page expose about it in your own words with supporting facts, links, videos, images and even interviews with credable people. Until you have done that, just zip the lips and spare us all your trash talk.

Thank you, that will be all.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sorry Scat, until your last post I didnt even realize you existed.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
No ATS you seem to not get it, or you seem to be avoiding it.

We want ONE fact that Michael Moore said "THIS IS A TRUTH!"

So we can debate it.

What it seems like is Moore did something very clever.

He did "nothing" leading you on to believe he did "something" so you claim he has facts when in reality he has no such thing and never said he did.

He only made YOU think he did.

That way he saves his face at your expense using your ignorance of the system.

If you can answer me this ATSluvdroid I'll think maybe you have some measureable ability to comprehend the things in the movie you saw and compare it with reality.

What is the current political structure of the "World" today?

If you can't answer that you are completely out of the loop on reality and why nothing can be "planned" and thus conspiracy theories or big "plans for control" just fail and are stupid.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Sorry Scat, until your last post I didnt even realize you existed.

Sweet!!!!!!!

No, im serious, that is amazing. you didnt even notice Frank with his shifty eyes?

Ok...maybe im the only one attracted to him. Oh well. I do have a question though- why did they give it the R rating?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
R due to graphic scenes of violence and language.

FM: I did what you do.
Here you go:
Form of state

Federal republic

Legal system

Based on the constitution of 1787

Federal legislature

Bicameral: Senate of 100 members directly elected on a plurality (first-past-the-post) system for a six-year term, with one-third of its members retiring every two years; House of Representatives of 435 members directly elected on a plurality basis for a two-year term. The Senate has the power to confirm or reject presidential appointments, including the cabinet, and to ratify treaties; the House of Representatives has the sole right to initiate revenue bills, although they may be amended or rejected by the Senate

Electoral system

Universal direct suffrage from the age of 18

National elections

November 5th 2002 (House of Representatives and one-third of the Senate); next elections due on November 2nd 2004 (presidential, House of Representatives and one-third of the Senate)

Head of state

Executive president elected by popular vote via an electoral college of 538 members representing the states, for a maximum of two four-year terms. George W Bush is the current president, elected in November 2000 along with Dick Cheney as vice-president, for a four-year term ending in January 2005

State legislatures

Each of the 50 states, except Nebraska (which has a unicameral system), has a bicameral legislature which follows the model of the federal legislature; the states have certain fiscal and legal rights; some states now limit the number of terms that can be served by their elected representatives

National government

The administration is appointed by and responsible to the president; its senior officials are subject to the confirmation of the Senate

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It makes me sick about this movie not that I think its bad but Moore is getting all this credit for this 911 movie and ALEX JONES movie THE ROAD TO TYRANNY at infowars.com has been out for almost 2 yrs tells more of the story than just Bush's part so if you like the Fahrenheit 911 see The Road TO Tyranny

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
what was tha tlast post supposed to prove?

it sounds like the index of my 6th grade history textbook

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yaaay I've been warned.

It's funny, this is my first warning ever in 2 years.

Looks like these forums are getting overly Bush friendly to me.

It's sad to see these forums turning into something opposite of what they were founded for. Even the mods are going in threatening people as they are staing their own opinions on a topic. They let Freemason back to the boards to stir people up and start warning regular board participants like me.

That's about all I need to move on.

Seems to me ATS is trying to get all the Bush lovers and Freemasons here to engage in some ego stroking cluster #.

Unlike Freemason, I have other things to do anyway.

Ciao!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Woah ATSluvdroid what the hell were you posting about?

I asked the "political system of the world" not the facts or "quantifying" factors of our governmental system.

Which is completely irrelevant. Our nation is a union of 87,000 governments (one reason the Presidency has less power than most would like to think), and it is not the quantitative analyses of them that matter but the qualitative. How they interact is very important if you want t understand how American policies come to be.

Michael Moore completely ignores that because frankly he knows nothing about how Public or Foriegn Policy is made and thus is not constrained by reality when formulating is theories.

All he knows is there is a president with some "powers" so he'll just have the president do whatever he wants him to do that makes him look bad.

The decision for instance to go to Iraq, was not the President's but the Congress. And no matter how much lying the President did, it wouldn't have mattered because the Congress does not receive information from the President but from the Senate and House intelligence committees.

Now I should receive an "award" or two for this post to make up for these unfair warnings
for this post, because this post certainly spells death for Fahrenheit 9/11.

Unless F9/11 somehow magically explains how the Congress just happened to get all its information from Bush alone.

And how an intelligence organization headed by a former Clinton Administration appointee would conspire with a Republican President to convince Congress of something that is not "real", then I think a simple look at how Policy is made in the United States would destroy that stupid film.

I mean the President's only way to excersise power of his own, is through the War Powers Acts, something which Bush did NOT do. Bush went through Congress.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The closest movie theater that's playing F-911 here is three hours away. I knew this movie wasn't going to be a blockbuster in Mississippi, but I figured it may have had at least one showing out of the five movie theaters that are within thirty minutes driving distance here... but NOOOO, it has to be three hours away. Bah! Oh well... there's always next year. Maybe

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It's sad to see these forums turning into something opposite of what they were founded for. Even the mods are going in threatening people as they are staing their own opinions on a topic. They let Freemason back to the boards to stir people up and start warning regular board participants like me.

Unlike Freemason, I have other things to do anyway.

Ciao!

Well, it seems that Freemason is racking up a couple Warnings of his own. I'm not sure if they've come from this topic or another, but I think he may actually get banned way ahead of you at this rate.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well, I went to Moore's website and here are a couple of facts that he highly regards, which probably form the foundation for a lot of the movie:

www.michaelmoore.com...

"After the airspace reopened, six chartered flights with 142 people, mostly Saudi Arabian nationals, departed from the United States between September 14 and 24. One flight, the so-called Bin Ladin flight, departed the United States on September 20 with 26 passengers, most of them relatives of Usama Bin Ladin."

We really do not know why it was so necessary for the White House to allow the quick exodus of these Saudi and bin Ladens out of the country, and "the White House still refuses to document fully how the flights were arranged," according to a June 20, 2004, article by Phil Shenon in the New York Times

Most Saudis who left were not interviewed at all by the FBI. In fact, of the 142 Saudis on these flights, only 30 were interviewed.

"Two days after the Sept. 11 attacks, with most of the nation's air traffic still grounded, a small jet landed at Tampa International Airport, picked up three young Saudi men and left. The men, one of them thought to be a member of the Saudi royal family, were accompanied by a former FBI agent and a former Tampa police officer on the flight to Lexington, Ky. The Saudis then took another flight out of the country."

www.michaelmoore.com...

"September 11th guaranteed that United Defense was going to have a very good year. Just 6 weeks after 9-11 Carlyle filed to take United Defense public and in December made a one day profit of $237 million dollars."

'Carlyle's aggressive approach ...is one reason why the Crusader lived this long,' said Lawrence J. Korb, an assistant secretary in the Reagan Pentagon and now director of studies at the Council on Foreign Relations. Even if Rumsfeld's decision stands, Korb said, United still will have received $ 2 billion from the Crusader program and will receive substantially more to close it down

www.michaelmoore.com...

Narration: Bush�s good friend James Bath was hired by the bin Laden family to manage their money in Texas and invest in businesses. And James Bath himself, in turn, invested in George W. Bush.

In 1976, Bath became the Texas money manager for the Bin Laden family. Notarized Trust Agreement, Harris County, Texas, signed by Salem M. Binladen, July 8, 1976, Bath�s business relationship with Salem bin Laden, and other wealthy Saudi businessmen, has been well documented.

The bin Laden family first invested in Carlyle in 1994. Representing Carlyle�s Asia Board, George H.W. Bush visited the bin laden family's headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Kurt Eichenwald, Bin Laden Family Liquidates Holdings With Carlyle Group, The New York Times, October 26, 2001.

On the morning of September 11, 2001 , �in the plush setting of the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Washington, DC, the Carlyle Group was holding its annual international investor conference. Frank Carlucci, James Baker III, David Rubenstein, William Conway, and Dan D�Aniellow were together, along with a host of former world leaders, former defense experts, wealthy Arabs from the Middle East, and major international investors as the terror played out on television. There with them, looking after the investments of his family was Shafiq bin Laden, Osama bin Laden�s estranged half-brother.

www.michaelmoore.com...

In the interview Mr. Moore asks if the Congressman will pass out recruitment brochures to other members of Congress to try to get their kids to enlist in the army and go to Iraq. Congressman agrees to do this, saying, ?d be happy to. Especially those who voted for the war.

I still haven't seen the movie, but these do seem as they would raise interesting questions to those who have not been exposed already. But I guess bias and polarization is all the rage these days even with Michael Moore aparently.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join