It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw Fahrenheit 9/11....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
It's funny reading that people are nearly wetting themsleves over
this ego-maniac.

Not to mention the site as we have a whole forum dedicated to this spew.

I better get off my soapbox as I did enough of that in my first post.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
ust hope enough of mainstream America waddles out of Wal-Mart long enough to catch the movie and learn a little about what their government is doing to to ensure they pay 2.00 a gallon for gas.

Its that elitest attitude bullcrap that makes people turn themselves off to Moore and his message. I dont see how you could hold yourself in such high regard for watching Moore if you understood the fabrications and lies he used in Bowling for Columbine.

As I said in my first post, theres seriousl 9/11 discussion here on ATS then theres the AOL Chat type analysis we have in this forum.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"Anyone who says "well I dont like him but I will see it" well your a phony. Either A. Deep down you like him and dont want to admit it, or B. Your to much of a fool to stop his behavior. "

Wrong.

I'll see it because it looks entertaining and I like entertaining movies. I don't have to like the writer, director or anyone else involved with it if I am interested in it. It doesn't make me a phony. It makes me someone who won't be told what to see or not see as I will make my own mind up. It also makes me someone who won't discuss what I have no knowledge of. I can't say anything for OR against something I haven't even seen. One of the perks of living in this country is that one can satisfy their curiosity by reading or watching virtually anything they want, be it a movie, book or discussion thread. By the same token, they can also refuse to contribute to anything they are vehemently against, be it a movie, book or discussion thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm watching it on the coming Wednesday and I'll post the reaction here

to agent47, people like Mr. Moores views. Sure I disagree with the downsizing he complained about. Bottom line NAFTA brings jobs into the country. I don't see why Americans should be making shoes, yet there are those that are prepared to sink to that level. But on the other hand I totally agreed with Bowling for Colombine and his video on MP3 and file sharing. so props to Mr. Moore.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Agent47.

Anyone who says "well I dont like him but I will see it" well your a phony. Either A. Deep down you like him and dont want to admit it, or B. Your to much of a fool to stop his behavior.

Can you make an exception for me in that judgement. I liked him, but stopped listening to him when he said I should brush my teeth regularly and change my pants more often. (twice a day, and once a day, thank you mr.moore)

I respect his trying to bring this stuff to the people's attention, but I don't really like his style of presentation in his books. It's a bit patronizing. I haven't seen any of his films. I enjoy the facts he brings up, but I'm not a lazy slob, and I don't need to hear his judgement on how I should eat less pizza. If this movie is only info, and less of how to live my life, I will enjoy it more than his books.

Can you make a third category for me?

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Anyone who says "well I dont like him but I will see it" well your a phony. Either A. Deep down you like him and dont want to admit it, or B. Your to much of a fool to stop his behavior.

Or C, I couldn't give a crap who Moore is and I want to see the movie to see what's revealed in it. Then I can do research on anything brought up in the movie and see what revelance and authenticity exists.

If he truly is lying, what's the difference between watching this and some blockbuster movie like Star Wars that projects the viewer into a fantasy world. You must hate movies Agent47!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Moore if you understood the fabrications and lies he used in Bowling for Columbine.

A team of lawyers and researchers went over the movie and found that he was telling the truth in all of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have to ask if the person how started this thread is related to Moore.

Wow! It has been a while since I have seen someone gush that much.

I want everyone to see that movie. Lies! BAH! Who cares if it is lies or truth! If you hate/love Bush this movie will not change a thing. You will still love/hate Bush.

If a movie changes your mind you are one weak willed person.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
so, what's the website or source for the team of lawyers that went over Moore's movie? That's the first I've heard of someone trying to prove/disprove the documentary. I remember hearing something about interviews that were taken out of context, anyone know about that as well?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
its been a while since I heard it...but searched and found this:

All the way at the bottom:
www.hardylaw.net...

Equally to the point: Moore himself repudiates these defenses, insisting that every iota of his film is objectively true. "I can guarantee to you, without equivocation, that every fact in my movie is true. Three teams of fact-checkers and two groups of lawyers went through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure that every statement of fact is indeed an indisputable fact.... [F]aced with a thoroughly truthful and honest film, those who object to the film's political points are left with the choice of debating us on the issues in the film or resorting to character assassination."

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
To anyone who actually believes that Moore's movie is based on fact - have I got a deal for you! I'm currently selling a 22,000 square foot mountain top resort located in south central Florida. This would be a great getaway place for all who buy Moore's story at face value. I certainly hope you'll do the same when bidding on the resort. BTW, pictures are not available, but, it's OK, just trust me.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
im not a fan of moore but i might see this one.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Michael Moore repulses me. Now every time I see a fat white fellow with facial hair and a truck driver cap, I mistakenly think it's him.

Just the other day we were driving down the road and I glanced in the car next to us and went 'Hey, that's Michael Moore.' ... but it wasn't.

He's everywhere! God help us, god help us all.

I doubt I'll be seeing the movie. I did see Bowling For Columbine and wasn't really impressed. The guy always seems to be grasping at straws and spews the same messages over and over again. To me it doesn't seem like the political message for him, it just seems like he enjoys the attention. You can teach a parrot to say anything you want, and the more encouragement it gets, it'll keep repeating itself, not really caring what words it's saying just as long as they get attention.

It might make a few people think, but more than anything it's making a bunch of punk kids worship the ground the guy walks on just because of what he says and the way he says it. The problem I have with changing another persons ideology lies in the fact that most of these people don't look at any given situation in more than just black and white. They don't check for facts, and that's sad to me.

It's not all punk kids either, I'm sad to report. The other day at work one of my coworkers spouted every single fact from his trailers like they were her own ideas. It was like Good Will Hunting in real life except I was Will.

Maybe I just watch to many movies.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

Can you make a third category for me?

You had me at hello

Of course you can have a third category. Some people lately have tried to make it sound like Im God or something. Its my opinion you can disagree.

Some people can buy into the two party system or make a third one like you zzub.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
If he truly is lying, what's the difference between watching this and some blockbuster movie like Star Wars that projects the viewer into a fantasy world. You must hate movies Agent47!!!

George Lucas never went on places like MTV and told kids that they have to see this movie at all costs regardless of what their parents want. George Lucas never argued with the rating his movie got because he claims it "is a documentary of truth".

One presents its fictional tale without any smoke or mirrors, the other masquerades as a serious documentary. Thats where I see the difference.

BTW I love movies, only a head case would wear a Top Gun avatar and hate cinema.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I still don't understand your position and others alike. So, you guys have seen the movie and heard the facts? And the facts presented as such aren't true as you stipulate? Is that your problem with the movie?

Or are you mad about his political opinion and his demeanor?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I find it funny that those who are celebrated contributors of a site that says to deny ignorance are willing to discount a documentory about what essentially is a consiracy theory without having seen it first. Seems those same people will defend another "crackpot" theory to the end because it is the members of this boards duty to submit, discuss and analyze the topic.

It just seems odd to me, especially considering what I have heard of the theories in this movie most are topics that have been extremely well analyzed by members, mods and reporters on this site. Of which many have been shown to be true or highly likely.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The real problem here is that there is NO DOCUMENTARY. This is, IMHO, an ignorant rant by Moore pushing his political agenda. Quite frankly, I was convinced to vote against Bush until this movie -- Moore succeeded in bringing me, and, according to many poles - many others back to our senses. This movie is about as far from a documentory as you can get!

[edit on 6/25/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
I find it funny that those who are celebrated contributors of a site that says to deny ignorance are willing to discount a documentory about what essentially is a consiracy theory without having seen it first.

Ive seen enough of Moores work in Bowling for Columbine and read enough of it in his books. Why subject myself to another onslaught of questionalbe evidence cut and pasted together to make a point?

Wheres the conspiracy theory okie? Where?

All it is is a smear campaing.

BTW Yanking on my tenure here? Tsk tks what a gimmick.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, the resort is still available! Any bidders?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join