It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw Fahrenheit 9/11....

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's funny that I can talk about rolling papers and water pipes on one thread and not get warned, but I call someone a dork and it triggers a reaction - social commentary levels in that statement alone are absurd...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think the timing was on que...here's a guy with a message about the president that he doesn't want you to hear and voting time is right around the corner...of course there's not a soul out there worth voting for anyways. Politcally charged movies like this are always geared towards a production date - I think Moore's has already commented on some things he would have tweaked.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I like FreeMason.

And it is relatively simple to conclude some things about people from their general style, their reactions to particular stimuli, and the extraction of specific things from them under pressure and interrogation of core tenets.

Not simple with me MA
...I'm as difficult to understand due to my being so different off line as opposed to online, like an apple is to the Space Shuttle.

Oh thanks for liking me too Brother!

Uhh...what else that's right...names, I only had a few names...ironically when sifting through the "members" list I have noticed many other Freemasonic-like names that were not me, hopefully no one has been banned for being mistaken for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here here...he had us all

The trophey is having your name etched in it as we speak. Who would Clark Kent be without Superman?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
It's funny that I can talk about rolling papers and water pipes on one thread and not get warned, but I call someone a dork and it triggers a reaction - social commentary levels in that statement alone are absurd...

Uh...you did a little more than call the guy a dork and I quote you here:

"'ve seen this FreeMason guy in action...he comes off as an underfed, weakling, bow-legged, ten-inch "reading glasses" nerd that got spoiled by his parents and beat up by his friends and his only claim to fame is that he spent four years diligently studying for a BS in PS... "

In fact, dork wasn't even there. Maybe you should think a little more before you post and when you do, try to remember what you posted.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Erghh...almost had a good conversation going then WHAM! more claw scratching!

OK- you said opening it at this time was good...but what if he had opened it closer to election time? Any change? How close is too close?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I appologize

May I add that I did try and get this conversation back on track and I also asked that you U2U me if you wanted to talk about my insignicant post.

My concern is not with my reputation on a message board but with this movie.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Huh? What u2u? CONFUSION! Oh well heres my input...

Moore's timing for opening the movie was odd, it seems that if he wanted to pull in alot of swing voters he would have opened closer to election dya, like around august.

perhaps there were other motives for opening at this time, unofrtuantely i cant think of any! all i know is that its either genius or stupidity...though i dont know why it would be genius.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

OK- you said opening it at this time was good...but what if he had opened it closer to election time? Any change? How close is too close?

I think if he had opened it any later, it would have been like opening Pandora's Box after all the evil wasted away. Now the movie has plenty of building time. It may even be out on DVD before elcetions, with additional commentary added (a little repetative there), he could drop another bomb or two on his chances for winning. I think the anti-Bush sentiment has been building for a long time and this is just the grand finale

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm sorry Scat, that other post was not directed at you - I'm still learning screen names.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You are right guys, sorry to stray off topic. Scat the reason why he didn't open it in August was other movie competition. I mean let's face it, he isn't trying to open any eyes, he is just trying to make a buck.

I think that the late summer movie blockbusters would have blown him out of the water. Look at the two films that finished under F9/11 last week, White Chicks and Dodgeball. Talk about your lame movies. After Spiderman 2 opens tomorrow, F9/11 will just be a memory.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I thought it was amazing that it only opened in 900 theatres and beat the sells of two Hollywood-style movies that opened in 2000+ theatres. Clearly we have a few Bush skeptics amongst us. I don't know if the staying power can really be questioned until Spiderman 2 comes out.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I thought it was amazing that it only opened in 900 theatres and beat the sells of two Hollywood-style movies that opened in 2000+ theatres.

Like I said in my previous post, those two Hollywood-style movies, White Chicks and Dodgeball, hardly qualify as such. Allthough it is impressive due to the huge difference in the number of theaters. I think it is because documentaries, and I use that term very loosely, aren't accepted in as many theatres as big budget films

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I was surprised that it even showed here in Tallahassee, home of lil bro Jeb. He's not dipicted as any saint either. When the movie ended the whole auidience began cheering "F_ Bush." I thought it was pretty amusing.

But by "Hollywod-style" I just meant story structure and the typical happy ending, which both movies had. There's no happy ending in this movie, unless your the next President-to-be

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Actually here in Iowa where I live, we have 3 or 4 theaters. two weeks ago, I call the two most visited theaters to see if they were going to get F9/11, and was told "No". Last Friday, I called one of the theaters back and asked again, I was told "No" again and then told of the theater that was running it as opening day 1, I got the ph# then called about the showing times,............. the first three showings had been sold-out and the last showing for the day , was sold out. There were openings for Sat and Sun and the theater suggested that people buy their tickets over the phone so they would have a seat for the time slot they wanted.

Sat., I called the theater again to see about tickets, and again the first three time slots were sold-out, I bought four tickets for the last showing of the day.

Michael Moore did a wonderful job with F9/11, he showed documentation,etc and everything he showed he had proof,.... he also stated that he was not taking political-sides, he was just showing the world........ facts,doc., proof, and truth and wanted them to open their eyes to what has been really going on since Bush stoled the election.
It was a great documentation of facts and he did a surperb job in making the film.

As to the question...... why show it now? I beleive Michael Moore got it out into the theaters as soon as he finished it, so people can see it and decide for their selves if they really want another four years with a man that's done nothing but sneak, hide things, and lie to the American citizens and other countries.

As to why so few theaters in the USA were showing F9/11 ? Maybe, because of who owners were. Like I said, only one theater here is showing it, and the manager of it told everyone, that he got many phone calls asking for him to get the movie, so he did, then a regular-customer of his theater came in and demanded that he NOT show that documentary and said if the manager did, that this person and his family would never step foot in that theater again.
I guess that guy won't being going there again,

Anyway, it was worth the money to go see and I'm sure it gave people food for thought.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Does anybody know if this film has been shown at any military bases?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Could a DVD truly come out that fast? As in, before November? It seems as if the movie will be in theaters too long to have the DVD come out that soon. It would be a good strategy though. I also think the fact that its carried in so few theaters makes more people want to see it.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think if he does it would need to be around October...that would leave plenty of theatre and development time...no doubt he has most of the DVD footage planned out, if not finished already - Given his high media toleration/avoidance agenda, and his past abilities for timing things out, I would almost think it should be expected of him.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I feel so stupid...I spent a few points on a black background without stopping to think that it woul keep people from seeing my user ID...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What I thought was funny
and the Best part in the movie, was the day Bush went to take his "oath of office" and "swearing in", the streets were over-flowing with US Citizens and they were rushing Bush's car, throwing eggs at him, the whole theater bursted out laughing,

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join