It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw Fahrenheit 9/11....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
OMFG!

See it. Run, don't walk to your theater and watch this film.

A lot of it was stuff I more or less knew after having been researching the issues for 2 years now, however it lays everything out in facts. Cold hard factual documents, speeches, film/TV clips, interviews with officials etc etc.

UN #ING REAL.

I hope Michael Moore makes 200 million from his efforts with this project.

Did you know that our government flew 19 members of the Bin Laden family out of the US the week after 9/11...without ever being questioned first or anything? This during the time when all airports in the country were closed due to threats etc.

Did you know that Saudi Arabia owns 6% of the USA?

There is SOOO much in this documentary that I am still taking it all in. There was a roaring applause at the end of this 2 hour masterpiece.

www.Movietickets.com Go there and look up where its playing and watch it!!
That was the great thing about the flick. It wasn't like he came up with some crazy idea and tried to support it with bull#. Michael says very little in this movie. He gathered up a slew of material and let it all speak for itself. The only times Micahel did speak was during a direct interview, when he approached some governors on the street or during narrative portions.

Everything was put together so well that it was a seemless display of of our current reality spelled out by means of factual mediums. No other way to put it. Somehow he also managed to get a lot of unreal footage from the Iragi war. Seens of the soldiers talking about how they are there to do a job but they feel guilty for being there when there is no threat.

Gah, you just gotta see it.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Please remove the profanity from your thread.

I can't wait to see this movie, even though I'm not a fan of Moore.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No profanity in threads? When did that start...

(going to see it tomorrow by the way)

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. This applies to material posted to collaborative fiction and member short story forums.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have no desire to support Michael Moore, Im not too fond of his style of film making.

Besides, yes, the above stated facts are well known to anyone who has ever researched the issue of 9/11. Yes, many Bin Ladens were flown out of the US right after 9/11, and yup,m the saudis own a small chunk of us.

from what I have heard, he has left alot of things out as well, things i feel are important.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am not a big fan of Michael Moore either, but I am probably still going to check out the movie just so I don't feel left out

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The movie is well made but I don't recall ever seeing so many untruths, half-truths and misrepresentations in any "documentary" film other than one other of Mr. Moore's.

Moore has established a new genre, the "Crockumentary."

Researcher 01A
www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How about instead of people just shluffing off what Moore says as lies and half-truths, why not find a tiny bit of evidence to support what you claim.

(Zzub, profanity, used sparingly has never been a problem around here, I know, I've used it many a times in the past, so what's the big deal? I've about had it with the regulatory nonsense around here)

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
this is a link to the Trailer www.fahrenheit911.com...
and where it is showing and what not

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter (Zzub, profanity, used sparingly has never been a problem around here, I know, I've used it many a times in the past, so what's the big deal? I've about had it with the regulatory nonsense around here)
That's not true. That provision of the terms and conditions has been included since ATS had a discussion board. The "regulatory nonsense" you reference is nothing more than common sense manners for behaving in a public place.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ALRIGHT GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO SEE IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Insert Sarcasm)

Illmatic67 was here
6/25/04
3:18 P.M, EST.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hmmmm... I was going to wait for video and avoid the theater for a few reasons:

1) Tickets are just too high
2) Last few movies I saw were nightmares because people don't know how to shut up in the theater anymore
3) Lines. I'm spoiled by video! *L*

But seeing your comment about applause makes me think the theater might be fun with this kind of audience interaction. Sometimes it makes the movie better with a whole theater of people laughing or clapping... or even booing!

I think I won't be seeing it "in spite of Moore" or "in support of Moore" or because it's touted as a documentary or factual... but because it seems it will be an entertaining movie and a good time.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Anyone read the book Fahrenheit 451?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
See when a three year old scribbles some really poor drawings on the walls of your home everyone stops and goes "oohh how cute", and that only helps the kid do it again.

Its the same thing with Michael Moore, if he makes a biased documentary of lies and exageration then dont give him positive reinforcement by seeing it even if you dont like him.

Anyone who says "well I dont like him but I will see it" well your a phony. Either A. Deep down you like him and dont want to admit it, or B. Your to much of a fool to stop his behavior.

If we all just let the fat slob run its course and not give him any more dollars to make films/gorge himself, then there wont be anything to complain about.

If you want to seriously discusss the isssues of 9/11 and the administration do it here on ATS. Im sickened that admin has even given this pile of crud its own forum.

Theres serious film documentaries and then theirs Farenheit 9/11.
Theres serious message boards and then theres AOL chat.

Weve really blurred the lines with the creation of this forum.

I mean look we already have a l33t speak swearing and a bunch of these

I dont know why we cant just talk about this in the pit and or BTS.

Waste of bandwith and breath to give this movie any more than its 15 minutes of fame.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
He is keeping it real, at least someone is. I have gained alot of respect for tis man. He is not scared of the people in power. More power to him.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Michael Moore Hates America

Michael Moore Hates America is a feature-length documentary that takes you across the country -- From Moore's "hometown" of Flint to Washington, DC to LA -- in search of the American Dream and holds Michael Moore's filmmaking tactics up to the light.
We'll deconstruct the genre of documentary film to show you how filmmakers can manipulate interviews and statistics to communicate a desired message, and then how the media runs with that message.
While it has its serious side,
Michael Moore Hates America is a hilarious romp through the myths about American life. It reduces silly conspiracy theories to rubble, challenges populist ideologies by putting them through uproarious tests and gets to the truth about Michael Moore's background, and his evolution into one of today's most prominent propagandists.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am going to see the movie the first chance I get. It's pretty good that the United States Government is allowing this for the mainstream masses.

I think the reason why the U.S Government allowed it is because those who are really behind the 9/11 show are untouchable.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'll wait until the video so I can stop it to vomit as necessary, like in Bowling for Columbine. Though I admire his agenda, I believe that Moore is no better than the administration he is fighting in the fact that he selectively reports that which bolsters his position and conveniently ignores that which does not. He has become a master of manipulation under the guise of a revealer of the truth.

I have absolutely no love for the Bush administration, but I deplore efforts to 'rise above the administration's effort to manipulate the American people' which actually are, in themselves, efforts to manipulate the American people.

Michael Moore is obviously a bigger man than Bush...why not act like it?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I may go and see it tonight.
If I can sneak-in, after I see something else.

It's funny reading that people are nearly wetting themsleves over
this ego-maniac. I'm a little afraid to be the next guy in the theatre seat.

GO Michael GO!!
(as far away as possible. please, there is no room for your ego, in this country)

Space

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is not about bieng a "fan" of Micheal Moore.Don't immediately dismiss it as garbage if you don't like Moore.
Put that aside.
It is a matter of going in with a open mind and trying to absorb and interpret this film in your own mind.
I do not think there will be anything that groundbreaking that alot of people who follow alternative news don't already know. I just hope enough of mainstream America waddles out of Wal-Mart long enough to catch the movie and learn a little about what their government is doing to to ensure they pay 2.00 a gallon for gas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join