It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norse Vikings - Did they make it here a long time ago?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
...and then there's this....that vinland was actually Victoria Island in BC and we've been looking in all the wrong places.

www.spirasolaris.ca...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78
...and then there's this....that vinland was actually Victoria Island in BC and we've been looking in all the wrong places.
www.spirasolaris.ca...

Looks pretty vague to me, but anything that opens the subject to discussion is a positive. What is interesting is the suggestion that the Northwest passage may have been open.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

www.spirasolaris.ca...

Very inventive but the assignment of names seems rather a loooonnnngggg stretch

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Who better to ask but our native brothers, morons always try to change the facts to their choosing but it is they who have the longest history in this continent not our academicians.So how about it is there any history supporting Viking incursions?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

LOL...I didn't write it, it was posted somewhere here before on ATS and had it bookmarked since then. Just thought it was applicable to the OP. We have no clue if the NWP was open, or if at least the shoreline was back then. If it wasn't someone will be along to correct me.

Since the east coast of the US was farmed and mucked up we may never find any Viking sites at this point, but it's worth looking up in the artic since this really isn't a bad hypothisis.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

LOL...I didn't write it, it was posted somewhere here before on ATS and had it bookmarked since then. Just thought it was applicable to the OP. We have no clue if the NWP was open, or if at least the shoreline was back then. If it wasn't someone will be along to correct me.

Since the east coast of the US was farmed and mucked up we may never find any Viking sites at this point, but it's worth looking up in the artic since this really isn't a bad hypothisis.

Yeah a friend of mine has spent 40+ years combing new England and Nova Scotia for such material or sites - but they were probably built over or destroyed long ago

Good graphic from the study you originally linked to

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Who better to ask but our native brothers, morons always try to change the facts to their choosing but it is they who have the longest history in this continent not our academicians.So how about it is there any history supporting Viking incursions?

Yes there is. I don't have a link at hand, but I was told at the site that the Dorset Inuit speak of it in oral traditions...haven't I already mentioned that?

And our 'academicians' do have a hunch, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join