It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Correlation or Causation? High Salt Diets & the Under-Acid Stomach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Client presented 16 years ago with a prominent (sign could be seen at a distance of 1 foot without magnification; gray but not white) under-acid stomach sign in both the left and the right iris.

(Picture not available for uploading; but a similar sign can be seen at:

irisnutritioncognitionresearch.blogspot.com... )

Client had a preference for salty rather than sugary snacks; drank coffee; and had a fundamental resistance to significant physical exertion (perhaps because of the potential for loss of natural sodium through sweating).

Client presented today. Under magnification (Peak Light Lupe 10X) under-acid stomach ring in right iris had completely resolved. ‘Ghost’ of the previous under-acid stomach sign still observable between 12:30 and 1:30 in the left iris.

Only change client had made was in the use natural sea salt and snacks with natural sea salt. Coffee consumption remained constant. No reports of the use of either over-the-counter or prescription antacids. (Reported only sporadic use of betaine HCl.) Also expressed a preference for goat milk kefir rather than cow’s milk kefir; goat milk having a much higher level of natural sodium than cow’s milk.

This suggest not only that some under-acid stomach signs—indicating a deficiency of natural sodium—can be resolved simply by increasing levels of natural sodium in the diet; but, also, that diets high in unnatural, unbalanced, processed salt (with an unbalanced sodium) may very well be the cause of at least some under-acid stomach signs.

Suggest that anyone with an under-acid stomach ring be switched to a diet high in natural sodium; including sea salt, goat milk, goat cheese, and goat milk kefir.

Additional implications of the under-acid stomach are described at:

irisnutritioncognitionresearch.blogspot.com...

Michael Cecil

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I always believed that sea salt was the best type of salt anyone could use. There is something about that iodized "land salt", it is not the same, I think that type of salt is what gives you high blood pressure, and heart problems. If you've ever used a Neti Pot to clear out your nasal passages, the instructions clearly tell you NOT to use iodized salt, but instead, to use sea salt. Everyone in my house has switched to sea salt, and I believe we've been getting healthier because of it.

it sounds crazy, but it's science backed now.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

There is a lot of information on my website--it consists of basic, cutting-edge research--which has been censored by the media for quite some time; the reason being that it would seriously threaten the multi-billion dollar economic interests of the pharmaceutical companies.

I suggest that you copy that information in the event that my website is shut down for being a 'threat to national security' in the United States.

Michael Cecil

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I started using sea salt a couple years ago. I think it tastes better and I use much less of it. It's got a more coarse grind usually and is much easier to measure. I stopped using salt shakers too- I measure by feel now (pour it into my hand and sprinkle it with my fingers) and use a salt cellar at the table now.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zoodie
I started using sea salt a couple years ago. I think it tastes better and I use much less of it. It's got a more coarse grind usually and is much easier to measure. I stopped using salt shakers too- I measure by feel now (pour it into my hand and sprinkle it with my fingers) and use a salt cellar at the table now.

Oh, by the way, with regards to milk and salt.

The Bible refers to the "land of milk and honey".

The milk being referred to is goat's milk rather than cow's milk, while the honey is raw honey; that is, honey which has not been heated to the point that the enzymes have been destroyed.

In other words, goat's milk and raw honey are very basic health foods which can address a number of problems for which the pharmaceutical industry charges billions of dollars for suppressing the symptoms.

Similarly, Jesus asked "If salt loses its taste, how can it be seasoned again? It is good for neither the soil nor the manure heap. People throw it out. Listen anyone who has ears to hear."

Common ordinary table salt has certainly lost its taste in comparison with sea salt.

Not only that, it is the cause of a host of health problems which certainly were not encountered by people who drank goat's milk rather than cow's milk and ate sea salt rather than processed salt.

Michael Cecil

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
On a laterally related note:

Paleolithic Diets FTW

Something to think about:

Humans and Chimpanzees digestive tract is about 85% the same
Chimps when given the choice will choose to eat a diet consisting of 90% fruit and veg, the other 10% is insects and other sources of animal protein.
Therefor, it stands to reason that: the human diet should consist of around 60% fruit and veg, 30% meat, organs, fish and eggs, and 10% nuts, grains and dairy etc.

Instead of a calorie dense nutrient light diet
It should be a nutrient dense, calorie sufficient diet.

Grains and Processed foods are harder for our body to digest, and put unnecessary strain on organs - this causes things bowel cancer, liver serosis, premature aging etc. The average westerners Pancreas is 2/3rds larger than normal, the pancreas is what is responsible for breaking down seeds, fingernails etc.

I recommend researching: Paleolithic Diets, Paleo Diet, Caveman Diet, Spartan Health Regime, Dr. Weston A. Price and prolly more.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Actually, I've been thinking of getting a couple goats for their milk. We're allowed to have them in my area. Chickens too. My neighbors got a few chickens- they have the run of their back yard for the summer months and I've found them cruising around my back yard
The eggs are amazing though. Not even "organic," supposedly cage free eggs from the grocery taste as nice.

And honey
I'd like to try and get a bee box or two going and some good plants for them to haunt so they'd stick around.

About the stomach acid though...I've noticed that I rarely get heart burn anymore unless I eat food that's been processed to death. I don't know if that's under-acid or over-acid though when that happens or if either could cause it. Best cure I've found for heart burn is a shot of apple cider vinegar. If the shot of vinegar doesn't kill you outright
your heart burn will be gone in seconds...and either way- if the shot does kill you, your heart burn will be gone

edit on 9-10-2010 by Zoodie because: sleepy typing =(

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zoodie

About the stomach acid though...I've noticed that I rarely get heart burn anymore unless I eat food that's been processed to death. I don't know if that's under-acid or over-acid though when that happens or if either could cause it. Best cure I've found for heart burn is a shot of apple cider vinegar. If the shot of vinegar doesn't kill you outright

(Smile).

You are using apple cider vinegar just like a pharmaceutical antacid: to correct symptoms.

The acid makes your stomach feel better.

But it is of no real use in the digestion of proteins, or in the destruction of ingested pathogens, or the assimilation of minerals. It merely makes you feel better.

Read the information and look at the pictures on my website--and your iris in the mirror--to determine if you could have an under-acid stomach. If so, I suggest you Google "betaine hydrochloride supplementation protocol" or something like that to find a local doctor who can address your symptoms more appropriately.

And, if you start drinking goat's milk, you may very well find that your symptoms completely disappear because you are getting higher amounts of natural sodium which are necessary for the stomach to produce sufficient quantities of stomach acid.

Michael Cecil
edit on 10-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: add last paragraph

top topics

join