It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official NFL 2010 Regular Season & Playoffs Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
again congrats on your dumb stupid greenbay... I should have figured... yall were smart enough to get rid of farve....

Speaking of quarterbacks, yours quit. Lets be honest here. He gave up. There is no clear point where he got hurt. He even "can't remember" when he got hurt! And the only knee injuries so serious to keep you out of the NFC Championship Game are something like an ACL or a broken leg, which I suppose are possible except for the fact that he was standing on the sideline and had no ice pack on his leg, not to mention he was receiving little if any attention from the medical staff.

That whole thing looks suspicious to me. In all honesty, I think you have a weak-minded quarterback and he quit on his team. He was having a terrible game, he was getting hit too many times, he got his poor little elbow cut, and it was cold. Then on top of all that, he showed no signs of having a serious knee injury on the sideline. All of that spells out to me that he quit on his team.

I've heard some Bears fans try to qualify the whole thing by saying he pulled himself from the game because he wasn't playing well and wanted to give them a better chance to win. BLAH BLAH BLAH. As much as I dislike Cutler, TODD COLLINS does not give them the better chance to win! Nor does Caleb Hanie. Yes, Caleb Hanie played very well... better than both Cutler and Collins combined... but I bet he couldn't do it again. I bet he was hyped up on all the adrenaline flowing through his body and he rose to the occasion. Props to him for taking on the challenge in such a huge game, but there is a reason he is the #3 quarterback on the Bears.

Your quarterback quit on you, and for his own selfish reasons. Plain and simple. I think it's about time your team looked for another head coach and quarterback. The defense is promising - at least while Urlacher is still there - and they have a promising running game and have some potential at receiver. They shouldn't waste the time they still have with Urlacher there and spoiling his chances to win a Super Bowl before he retires by having a weak quarterback on the other side of the ball and a weak head coach running the show.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Speaking of quarterbacks, yours quit. Lets be honest here. He gave up

I second that!

And I am now living just outside of Chi-town.

GO PACKERS!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What is with all the hate on the Packers? Not on this site, but on sites like ESPN.com and NFL.com. I see comments from people claiming the Packers are frauds and they have no shot against the Steelers and they use the game against the Bears as some sort of proof of this. Although I agree it was not one of the Packers better games, I still have a hard time believing that I am seeing people actually say the things they are saying.

Do people really believe these things? Do people really have that short of a memory? Have we already forgotten that the Packers lost 15 players to season-ending injuries? Have we forgotten that six of those 15 were starters? Have we forgotten that the Packers have knocked out the #1, #2, and #3 teams in the NFC, ON THE ROAD, to advance to the Super Bowl?

I guess it doesn't really matter. People can talk all they want. I realize the Steelers are a tough opponent, but to claim the Packers are frauds is amusing to me and shows a complete lack of knowledge of what has happened both in the regular season and in the playoffs. The Packers are the real deal. For any of you who agree with the "they're frauds" mentality, all I have to say is... how is your team doing? Chances are they'll be doing the same thing you will be doing come February 6th... watching the Super Bowl from their couch.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Come on over and join the special Super Bowl discussion thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join